12th November 2016, 10:25 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for AIPMT after completing class 12th (Science) at the age of 17 years?

Respected Sir, I am studying in class 11th now and hopefully I would be completing class 12th next year. I want to know can I apply for AIPMT after completing class 12th (Science) at the age of 17 years? Is it possible? If yes then please tell me the procedure.

13th November 2016, 08:39 AM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for AIPMT after completing class 12th (Science) at the age of 17 years?

Yes you are eligible to apply for AIPMT after completing 12th. But it is compulsory to have Biology as main subject in intermediate. You age should not less than 16 years.
13th November 2016, 12:15 PM
18Angel
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I apply for AIPMT after completing class 12th (Science) at the age of 17 years?

The minimum age required to appear AIPMT is that the candidate must have completed the age of 17 years.The upper age limit is 25 years for appearing AIPMT.

AIPMT is a national level entrance exam conducted by central board.It is a All India Pre Medical Test.

Qualification Criteria

You should have completed 12th with physics,chemistry & biology with minimum 50% marks from the recognized board.
13th November 2016, 12:49 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Science stream means you have Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry as main paper and no biology.

So, without having biology as main paper in 12th board examination you are not eligible to appear for AIPMT or NEET examination.

Yes, the age limit to appear for examination is 17-25 years and relaxation in age for reserved category. You are eligible as acording to the age limit but not as per educational qualification as your educational qualification must include Biology as main paper apart from Physics and Chemistry.

For more information about examination visit at www.aimpt.nic.in.
13th November 2016, 03:54 PM
Navneet patyal

Thumbs up Re: Can I apply for AIPMT after completing class 12th (Science) at the age of 17 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I am studying in class 11th now and hopefully I would be completing class 12th next year. I want to know can I apply for AIPMT after completing class 12th (Science) at the age of 17 years? Is it possible? If yes then please tell me the procedure.

Yes, you can apply between the age of 17 years to 25 years.
AIPMT stands for the All India Pre Medical Test.

There are following eligibility for this test.
^ You should have 12th class in (PCB) from recognized university.
^ You should have minimum 50% marks in your 12th class.
^ There is a relaxation for the SC/ST candidates.
^ Your age limit should be between 17 to 25 years to apply for AIPMT exam.

If you have the above eligibility then you are eligible to apply for the AIPMT exam.
13th November 2016, 05:47 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

First thing, generally Class 12th ( Science ) refers to Class 12th with PCM group and if it is so in your case then you are not eligible for appearing in NEET.

--> NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and the same examination is held by CBSE once every year ( replacing all other state PMTs and AIPMT ) for admission in MBBS / BDS course in any medical college of India.

--> The minimum qualification required for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India within your age lying within 17 years to 25 years by the 31st December of that year in which you are going to appear in the same examination.

* You must have completed your Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as your main subjects with at least 50% aggregate from a recognized board of education.

So not having Biology in your academics means you are not eligible for NEET. Also as you have mentioned that you are currently in Class 11th now so you still have the option of turning to PCB group instead of PCM as the final submission of Class 12th board examination is done at the time of registration for Class 12th.

For further details regarding the same examination you can log on to the link www.aipmt.nic.in.
13th November 2016, 07:45 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, now there is no AIMPT examination as there will be a single entrance examination as NEET for admission of candidates in medical courses in government and private colleges.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed or appearing for 12th board examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main paper and have minimum 50% with relaxation for reserved category.

The examination is conducted by CBSE and age limit to appear for examination is 17-25 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

So, if you deserve above qualification you are eligible to appear for examination which will be conducted in May.
13th November 2016, 08:10 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for AIPMT examination after completion of your 12th standard with Science stream at the age of 17 years. Eligibility criteria required to appear in AIPMT examination is mentioned below :-

=> You should be an Indian National.

=> You should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subjects with minimum 50% aggregate marks from a Government recognised board.

=> You should be at least 17 years old as on 31st December of the year of examination.

As per the information you have mentioned in your query, you will be 17 years old at the time of completion of your 12th standard, so, you are eligible to appear in AIPMT examination.
13th November 2016, 08:36 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

AIPMT stands for All India Pre-medical Test. For this examination candidate must have passed 12th class with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English from a recognized board. The minimum age of candidate must be 17 years. The upper age limit for general candidate is 25 years and SC category candidate is 30 years. As per my knowledge, you are eligible to apply for AIPMT after completing class 12th (Science) at the age of 17 years.

For applying AIPMT examination you can visit at the official website: www.aipmt.nic.in

PROCEDURE

=> First of all visit at the official website.

=> Fill the online application form and upload scanned images of photograph and signature.

=> Now pay examination fee

=> After that submit your application form.
13th November 2016, 09:51 PM
Suraj Singh 7494

Quote:
For AIPMT (All India Preliminary Medical Test) the candidate has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS/BDS course and is an Indian National. The Upper age limit for candidates seeking admission under 15% All India Quota seats is 25 years as on 31 December of the year of the entrance examination.
So you are eligible for the AIPMT exam.
13th November 2016, 10:26 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes, you can apply for AIPMT exam.

Candidates who have completed 12th standard with above 50% marks are eligible for AIPMT exam but your 12th standard subject are Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
14th November 2016, 06:58 PM
princekainth2

AIPMT is now NEET.

Age Limit is between 17 years and 25 years.

You must have Biology as your subject in Class 12 ( doesn't matter if its an additional subject)
24th May 2017, 08:39 AM
Unregistered

I am SC student I complete d 12 exam with 70%. In 2015 2 years before i am now studying 2nd year. At engineering college but I want to write a NEET medical exam if it is any possibility to write?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?