12th November 2016, 10:27 PM
Ramyasanath

What is the eligibility criteria required to become a District Collector?

Hello Sir, I am Ramyasanath, my age is 30 and I have done by B.E (computer science ). I want to know that am I eligible to become a District Collector with such criteria? Please tell me the whole procedure for application?

14th November 2016, 01:19 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria required to become a District Collector?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramyasanath View Post
Hello Sir, I am Ramyasanath, my age is 30 and I have done by B.E (computer science ). I want to know that am I eligible to become a District Collector with such criteria? Please tell me the whole procedure for application?

To become a District Collector, one has to clear the UPSC Civil Services Examination (IAS). The students who are appearing in this examination are required to be permanent resident of India. The candidates who have completed their degree in any discipline from central or state or deemed or open university are eligible to apply for this examination. They should be in the age group of 21 years to 32 years. The candidates should first clear the preliminary examination to qualify for the main examination. After clearing the main examination they can appear for interview. The examinations are conducted once every year.
14th November 2016, 01:32 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria required to become a District Collector?

Yes, any candidate who have passed bachelor degree is eligible to appear for Civil Service examination.

So, you are also eligible to appear for examination and after qualifying in this examination you will be eligible for final selection as Collector.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have to passed bachelor degree from a recognised university and age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

So, you can appear for examination. To get syllabus and other details for examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
14th November 2016, 02:34 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Candidates who join Indian Administrative Services after certain years of service become District Collector. The recruitment to Indian Administrative Services is done through Civil Services examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

Eligibility criteria for UPSC Civil Services examination:

>>Candidate must have done bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for civil services examination.

>>The age limit is 21-32 years with three years upper age relaxation to OBC and five years to SC/ST candidates.

Yes, you are eligible to apply for Civil Services examination after bachelor's degree in Computer science engineering and at age of 30 years. You will have to clear all three stages of this exam and secure a rank within top 100 to join Indian Administrative Services.
14th November 2016, 06:00 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to become a District Collector:

If you belong to General Category, then there are lesser chances for becoming a District Collector. But on the other side, if you belong to SC/ ST/ OBC category then I am sure you will be eligible to become a District Collector. The minimum educational qualification required to become a District Collector is "Graduate Degree" from a recognized university.

For SC/ ST Candidates - Minimum Age is 21 years and the maximum age is 35 years

For General Candidates - Minimum Age is 21 years and the maximum age is 40 years

For OBC Candidates - Minimum Age is 21 years and the Maximum Age is 33 years
15th November 2016, 08:03 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

For recruitment as Collector in any district you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination. The examination is conducted by UPSC every year.

The examination is conducted in three stages and candidates have to qualify in all these for final selection.

The required eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 21-32 years with +3 and +5 years for reserved category.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?