13th November 2016, 11:34 PM
Unregistered

What is the difference between Production Engineering and Industrial Engineering? Which one is better?

Respected Sir, I want to pursue a career in Engineering but I am confused between 2 fields Production Engineer and Industrial Engineer. I want to know what is the difference between Production Engineer and Industrial Engineer? which 1 would be a better option?

Related Questions:
  1. Which branch should I get in KIIT with a rank of 7706?
  2. Can I pursue any marine courses after engineering? Can Industrial Production Engineering Students get into Marine Courses?
  3. Difference between mechanical engineering and production engineering?
  4. Difference between mechanical engineering and production and industrial engineering
  5. What can I do after passing BSc engineering? I am doing BSc engineering in industrial and production engineering
  6. How many seats are available in IIT for M.Tech in Industrial and Production engineering
  7. Information about PSU's that accept GATE production score? I am a B.Tech production and industrial engineering student at DTU
  8. Can I do MA in Automotive Engineering from Germany after B.Tech in Production & Industrial engineering?
  9. Job opportunities after industrial production engineering
  10. Fee structure of B.E courses? List of courses offered in B.E? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. List of streams available to study in B.Tech
  12. Is it possible for girls to get the government jobs after completion of B.E industrial and production engineering?
  13. Which is the best course in B.Tech after completing intermediate MPC?
  14. What are the courses available in B.Tech?
  15. Is this a good choice of choosing ME in Industrial Engineering after the completion of BE in Aeronautical Engineering? Scope of Industrial Engineering course?
  16. Best universities to study Industrial & Production Engineering course at UK?
  17. What are the career and job opportunities after appearing for GATE in production and industrial engineering
  18. What is the difference between mechanical engineering and production engineering? I have scored 67772 in EAMCET
18th May 2017, 03:42 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the difference between Production Engineering and Industrial Engineering? Which one is better?

Difference between Production Engineering and Industrial Engineering:

Industrial Engineers are generally allotted to work under Automobile Engineering department, whereas Production Engineers are allotted to work for Car as well as other automobile related industries.

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, both these Industrial Engineering and Production Engineering has it's own scope in India and both these courses are almost similar.

Production Engineers work with some manufacturing processes such as machining, printing, forging etc., where as Industrial Engineers are allowed to work in Productivity (Input and Output) department's.

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, Production Engineering is better than Industrial Engineering course.
7th January 2022, 09:24 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is the difference between Production Engineering and Industrial Engineering? Which one is better?

Aswiniteju, I think you don't know anything about Industrial Engineering at a global level.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?