17th November 2016, 11:28 PM
mehtaanup

What is the eligibility criteria required to become an Income Tax officer?

Respected Sir, I have completed my class 12th and now I want to become an Income Tax officer so I want to know the eligibility criteria required to become an Income Tax officer? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. What is the qualification criteria required to become an Income Tax Officer? Are there any Physical eligibility required?
  2. Required Eligibility criteria to become Income Tax Officer? When will be the date of Exam for this?
  3. Eligibility to become Income Tax Officer after B.Com and CS professional programme?
  4. Eligibility criteria for Income Tax Officer? Date of exam for Income Tax Officer?
  5. What is the qualification criteria required to become an Income Tax officer?
  6. Eligibility criteria required to become an Income Tax Officer?
  7. What should I study further after completing 12th to become an Income Tax Officer?
  8. What steps should be taken after BBM in order to become a Sales tax or Income tax officer?
  9. What is the eligibility criteria for Income Tax Officer Exam? How to prepare for it?
  10. What is the eligibility criteria for income tax officer exam?
  11. Stream required in 11th and 12th standard for becoming an Income tax officer? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Eligibility criteria to become an Income Tax Officer being a candidate of doing CA?
  13. What is the eligibility criteria asked for Government job which based on income tax department?
  14. Can a female become Income Tax Officer? What is the eligibility criteria for Income Tax Officer?
  15. What is the qualification criteria required to become an Income Tax Officer? Do I need to write any entrance exam to get the job? -- [New]
  16. What is the eligibility criteria to become an income tax officer?
  17. How can I become an Income Tax officer after completing class 10th? Please tell me the whole procedure
  18. Information about Income Tax Officer exam? Universities offering the course?
18th November 2016, 10:29 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria required to become an Income Tax officer?

No, you are not eligible to become an Income Tax officer after completion of 12th Class. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for applying for this Income Tax Officer recruitment is "Bachelor Degree" or a Graduate Degree from a recognized university.

As you have completed 12th Class, I suggest you to pursue Graduation first in order to be eligible. The minimum qualification required is Graduate Degree from a recognized board. To become an Income Tax Officer, you are required to appear in CGL (Combined Graduate Level) Examination. As the minimum qualification required for CGL Exam is Graduate Degree, you are required to pursue Graduation.
18th November 2016, 10:43 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria required to become an Income Tax officer?

Eligibility criteria to become an Income Tax Officer:-

Income Tax Officer exam is conducted by the SSC (Staff Service Commission) once in a year.

Eligibility Criteria:-

Candidate must be a citizen of India.

The candidate should be completed graduation from a recognised University.

The age limit is 18 years to 25 years.

3 years upper age relaxation for OBC candidates.

5 years of age relaxation for the physically handicapped candidates .

Selection Process:-

Personal Interview

Written Exam.
14th July 2017, 01:47 PM
Unregistered

If we graduate by Open institute (SOL) then there is no problem created if we give this exam and clear the paper
25th July 2017, 10:39 AM
Unregistered

Sir what subjects we have to study for preparing for the post of Income tax officer and what are the best books regarding it ???
29th July 2017, 01:40 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehtaanup View Post
Respected Sir, I have completed my class 12th and now I want to become an Income Tax officer so I want to know the eligibility criteria required to become an Income Tax officer? Please answer as soon as possible.
ELIGIBILITY TO BECOME ITO (Income Tex Officer):-

>> The candidate want to apply for the ITO must have done graduation degree free government recognised institute with minimum 55% marks.

>> Minimum age to apply for the ITO is 18 years and maximum age limit is 27 years. The relaxation of three years are given to the candidates belong to SC/ST/OBC category.

SELECTION PROCEDURE DETAILS:- First of all candidate have to stay in touch with the notification of examination which is commonly published in leading news paper like Employment news,Rozgar smachar,Gazette of India etc. After getting notification candidate have to fill the application form and submit it to nears regional centre.

STEPS OF SELECTION PROCEDURE:-

1). PRILIMINARY EXAMINATION:-

>> Consists of two papers.

Paper I:- General Intelligence,General Awareness and carries 100 marks. The duration of exam is 2 hours.

Paper II:- Arithematic and carries 100 marks and duration of exam is 2 years.

2). MAIN EXAM:- Candidate who declared as clear in preliminary exam are called for main exam.

SUBJECT DETAIL FOR MAIN EXAM:-

> General studied.:- Carries 200 marks and duration of exam is 3 hours.

> English.:- Carries 100 marks and duration of exam is 2 hours and 20 minutes.

> Arithmetic.:- Carries 200 marks and duration of exam is 4 hours.

> Language.:- Carries 100 marks and duration of exam is 2 hours 20 minutes.

> Communication skill and writing.:- Carries 200 marks and duration of exam is 2hours 20 minutes.

3). Personality test.:- The final step of selection is interview.

Good luck.
6th February 2018, 08:24 PM
Unregistered

Which subject I should select in B. Com(hons) i.e helpful in making me feel safe to become income tax officer
29th August 2019, 08:28 PM
Unregistered

When will you conduct an exam and where should we apply ???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?