30th November 2016, 04:40 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join Indian Navy if got 47% in 12th with Science (PCM)? What is the eligibility criteria and physical fitness required for a girl?

Hello sir, I am Sonam Gupta, has passed 12th with Science stream and got 47% marks. Am I eligible to join Indian Navy? What is the eligibility criteria and physical fitness required for a girl?

Related Questions:
  1. What is the eligibility criteria for a girl to join merchant navy?
  2. Eligibility criteria and physical fitness required to join Indian Navy? Necessary books for the preparation of entrance exam?
  3. Eligibility criteria and physical fitness required to join Haryana Police after 12th with Science and DCA?
  4. Am I eligible to join the Indian Navy being a Nepal citizen? What is the physical criteria required for the same?
  5. What is the eligibility criteria to join Indian Navy? I am a 11th science student
  6. Can I join the Indian Air Force after completing class 10th? What is the eligibility criteria required for applying?
  7. Eligibility for merchant navy? What to do to join Merchant Navy after 12th with PCM? How to join training and the physical eligibility? What is the fee structure?
  8. What is the eligibility criteria required for Girls to join the Indian Navy? -- [New]
  9. Eligibility criteria, physical fitness and educational qualification for a girl to apply for Air Force?
  10. Procedure, Eligibility criteria, Fitness and physical criteria for girls to join Indian Air Force? What are the different branches and entrance exams for which girl candidates can apply? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Procedure to become a Black Cat Commando? Eligibility criteria and physical fitness required for it?
  12. Can a girl join Indian Army after 12th with eyesight of 2.5 in right eye and 1.5 in left eye?
  13. Am I eligible to join Indian Navy if completed 12th PCM?
  14. How can a girl join the Indian Army after completing BA? What are the qualification and Physical criteria required?
  15. Eligibility criteria and physical fitness to apply for Indian Army Clerk job?
  16. Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy without appearing in NDA entrance exam? What is the eligibility criteria required to join Merchant Navy?
  17. How to join Indian Navy Job when I am a 25 years old B.E Graduates?
  18. Is a girl eligible to join Indian Army after completion of graduation with PCM stream?
30th November 2016, 07:38 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Indian Navy if got 47% in 12th with Science (PCM)? What is the eligibility criteria and physical fitness required for a girl?

No, you are not eligible to appear for NDA examination and not eligible to join Indian Navy.

Only male candidates are eligible to appear for examination and age limit to appear for examination is 16.5-19.5 years.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in. You have to wait for bachelor degree to join Indian Navy.
30th November 2016, 07:55 PM
Sweet6
Junior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Indian Navy if got 47% in 12th with Science (PCM)? What is the eligibility criteria and physical fitness required for a girl?

No, you are not eligible for Indian Navy after 12th.You can only apply after completion of graduation.

After graduation you will have to give the CDS examination to join Indian Navy.

Only unmarried male candidates can apply for Indian Navy after 12th.
30th November 2016, 08:00 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No, being girl you are not eligible to join Indian Navy after 12th std.

To join Indian Navy after 12th std candidates have to appear and qualify in NDA entrance examination for which the required eligibility is that the candidate must have passed 12th or pursing with PCM as main paper ( for Air Force and Navy ).

But, only male unmarried and physically fit candidates with age limit between 16.5-19.5 years are eligible.

So, you are not eligible to join Indian Navy now.
30th November 2016, 08:18 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, to say that being a girl candidate, you are not eligible to join Indian Navy. Only Unmarried Male candidates are eligible to join Indian Navy. To join Indian Navy, you need to appear in NDA examination which is conducted by UPSC twice a year by satisfying the eligibility criteria mentioned below :-

=> You should be a citizen of India.

=> You should have attained the minimum age of 16.5 years and not more than 19.5 years.

=> You should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Mathematics and Physics subjects from a Government recognised board.

=> You should be an Unmarried Male candidate.

=> You should be physically as well as mentally healthy.
30th November 2016, 08:27 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that being a girl candidate you are not eligible for joining Indian Navy at higher secondary level as at this level of education only unmarried Indian male candidate are eligible.

But you can join the same after your bachelor degree course through CDS entrance examination held by UPSC twice every year. Also to be eligible for the same examination to join Indian Navy you must have the qualifications given here under :-

1) You must be an Indian citizen with your age lying within 19 years to 22 years.

2) You must have completed your bachelor degree in anyone of Physics/ Mathematics/ Engineering stream from a recognized university.

3) Also you must satisfy the physical fitness norms as specified during the notification of same examination.

For further details regarding CDS examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
30th November 2016, 09:35 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The entrance examination to join Indian Navy after 10+2 is National Defence Academy conducted by Union Public Service Commission. The eligibility criteria for NDA/NA entrance examination is:

>>Candidate must have done 10+2 from a recognized board. Board appearing candidates can also apply for NDA exam. In case of Navy and Air Force, Mathematics and Physics in 12th is necessary.

>>Age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

>>Only unmarried male candidates can apply for NDA exam.

So, female candidate can not apply for NDA exam to join Indian Navy after 10+2.
30th November 2016, 09:48 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for NDA entrance exam:

1. You must have done 12th with Physics and Mathematics to be eligible for Indian Navy after qualifying NDA entrance exam.

2. Age criteria for NDA exam is 16.5-19.5 years.

As you are female, you can not apply for NDA exam because only male candidates are eligible for NDA exam. After graduation you can apply for CDS exam to join Navy.
30th November 2016, 10:02 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No, girls are not eligible to join Indian Navy after 12th.

Girls are eligible to join Navy after bachelor degree as :-

Education.

Observer.

Naval Architecture.

Logistics/Work.

For all the above the qualification and age limit varies. So, to get more information visit at www.nausena-bharti.nic.in.
30th November 2016, 10:46 PM
EASY EMI
Senior Member+

Girls are not eligible for NDA examination to enter into Indian Navy. At senior secondary level NDA examination is only entrance exam to enter into Navy.

UPSC in its notification has clearly mentioned that only unmarried boys can apply for this exam in age limit 16.5-19.5 years. The next entry for girls is Combined Defence Services at bachelor's degree level.

In case of CDS exam, unmarried girls are eligible. Age limit is 19-22 years for Naval academy.
30th November 2016, 11:22 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

No you are not eligible to join Indian Navy after 10+2 with PCM subjects because female candidates are not eligible for NDA exam for joining any wing of Defence.

The other entry for girls is at bachelor's degree like UES entry for graduates in engineering or Combined Defence Services.
30th November 2016, 11:33 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Sorry to say you that you are not eligible to join Indian Navy on the basis of 12th qualification.

Girls candidates are only eligible to join the Indian Navy through Nausena Bharti through entry as Law, Education, Observer and Naval Architecture.

For the above entry the minimum required qualification is bachelor degree in different disciplines.

So, you have to wait till bachelor degree to join Indian Navy.
30th November 2016, 11:52 PM
mani98

I am sorry to say that you can not eligible for Indian Navy. Because girls are not eligible for this exam.

To join Indian navy first you can apply for NDA Exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Service. This exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission two times in a year.

That is

NDA-I
NDA-II

NDA has three wings:

Indian Army
Indian Navy
Indian Airforce

Eligibility Criteria:

Candidate should be citizen of India

Candidate should complete the 12th standard from recognised state board of India

Percentage not required.

Age limit is 16.5 to 19 years.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible.

Girls are not eligible for NDA exam.
1st December 2016, 12:19 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Being a girl candidate,you are not eligible to join Indian Naval Force right after 12th.Because,only male candidates can join Indian Naval Force through NDA exam after 12th .

The girl candidate who wishes to join Indian Navy has to complete their graduation degree first.The girl candidate can join Indian Air Force through CDS(Common Defense Services) exam and AFCAT(Air Force Common Admission Test) exam.

The eligibility criteria required for CDS exam are as under :-

-The candidate must have Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or B.Sc with Physics or Mathematics as main subjects from any recognized university.

-The candidate age limit should be in between 19 years to 22 years .

-The selection process involves of

* Written Exam

* Interview by Services Selection Board.

-Written Exam Pattern:

English – 100 marks

General Knowledge – 100 marks

Elementary mathematics – 100 marks
1st December 2016, 12:24 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to join Indian Navy after completion of 12th Class with 47% marks in 12th Class. In general, the basic criteria required to join Indian Navy is as follows.

>> Minimum qualification required to Join Indian Navy is 12th Class from a recognized university.

>> There is no certain percentage criteria required. You can appear in NDA Examination after 12th Class in order to join NDA.

>> NDA Physical Standards required are, Minimum Height required is 152 cms and maximum height allowed is 183 cms. And corresponding weight is required based on Height of the candidate.
1st December 2016, 12:33 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

From July 1992 the Navy started recruitment of female candidates in ATC, Observer, Law, Logistics, Education and Naval Architecture. To join Indian Navy your age must lies in between 19.5 to 25 years. But you must have a graduation degree from any well recognized university. As you have only intermediate certificate, so you are not eligible to join Indian Navy.
1st December 2016, 12:59 AM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

No, you are not eligible for join Indian Navy after completion of your 12th with 47% marks. You have to complete your graduation first. After completion of your graduation you can join Navy through Combined Defense Service Exam (CDSE). You can apply only for Short Service Commission as girls candidates are only eligible for SSC.

physical criteria for female candidates for joining Indian Navy :
1. Height should be 167 cms.
2. Weight should be 50kg.
3. Chest 77 cm

Thanks
1st December 2016, 11:28 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, I am Sonam Gupta, has passed 12th with Science stream and got 47% marks. Am I eligible to join Indian Navy? What is the eligibility criteria and physical fitness required for a girl?
After completion of 12th standard, you are not eligible for Indian Navy because you are a female candidate.

Male candidates are eligible for Indian Navy through NDA exam. Educational qualification required for this post is 12th standard with Physics and Mathematics subjects.

Your age should be in between 16.5 to 19.5 years.
18th July 2019, 01:50 AM
Unregistered

I have got 48 percentage in science 12th exam
Am I eligible to join Indian Navy or Indian army.
I'm a unmarried boy (male)
14th November 2019, 06:11 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for Indian navy SSR I have done 47% in 12th I'm a male candidate
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?