13th December 2016, 07:20 PM
Unregistered

Can a Myopic Person join the Flying Branch of Indian Air Force (AFCAT)? What is the procedure to join the Air Force?

Respected Sir, I want to join the Indian Air Force but I have a problem in y eyes so I want to know can a Myopic Person join the Flying Branch of Indian Air Force (AFCAT)? What is the procedure to join the Air Force? Please answer as soon as possible.

16th December 2016, 05:53 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a Myopic Person join the Flying Branch of Indian Air Force (AFCAT)? What is the procedure to join the Air Force?

If you have eyesight problem, then it will become difficult to join flying branch of Indian Air Force because it requires an excellent eyesight. They will select only the best candidates with perfect eyesight for such branch. In any case, they don't allow pilots to use glasses.

You have chance of selection at ground duty branch and technical branch through AFCAT if your eyesight is not perfect. Selection will be based on the performance in the written exam and interview.
16th October 2017, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can a Myopic Person join the Flying Branch of Indian Air Force (AFCAT)? What is the procedure to join the Air Force?

Sir I have to join Indian air force in flying branch but I have myopia 6/18 in both eyes. So can I join IAF after going Lasik
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?