26th December 2016, 08:22 PM
Unregistered

How can I join Indian army after 12th being a female candidate?

Respected Sir, Jai Hind. I am Devisree, studying in 10th standard
and I would love to serve my country and to join the defence wing but I read that only male candidates are eligible to apply for this examination after 12th.
So, being a female how can I apply for NDA examination? Its my great ambition. Please guide me Sir, to join the Indian Army.

Related Questions:
  1. How can I join Indian army after 12th being a female candidate?
  2. Can a Female Candidate join the Indian Army as a Soldier? What is the procedure by which a Female Candidate can join the Indian Army?
  3. What should a Female candidate do to join the Indian Army? Will she get any benefits if her Father is a retired Army man?
  4. Procedure to join Indian Army for 11th Arts female candidate?
  5. How can I join Indian Army if secured 60% in 2nd PUC being a female candidate?
  6. Can I join Indian army become a female B.Com graduate?
  7. Can a 12th Arts passed female candidate apply for any post in Indian Army?
  8. How can a female join Army after 12th standard?
  9. Procedure to join Indian Army for a 12th Class candidate?
  10. How to join Indian Army after scoring 61% cutoff? I am a female of 20 years age
  11. What is the procedure followed for applying Indian Army being an female candidate after completion of graduation with 42% marks?
  12. How can I join Indian Army after passing B.Tech IT?
  13. Can a Female candidate join the Indian Air Force? What is the eligibility criteria required to join the Air Force? -- [New]
  14. Is there any quota available to become an Officer in Indian Army for a candidate whose father is an Ex-Army Officer?
  15. Procedure and eligibility to join Indian Army for 11th Arts candidate?
  16. Procedure to join Indian Army for a B.Com in Accounts and Finance completed girl candidate
  17. Can I join Indian Army being a candidate with an age of 22 years and failed in 12th class? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. How can I join Indian Army after passing 12th with commerce with 61.75%
26th December 2016, 09:32 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join Indian army after 12th being a female candidate?

No, girls candidates are not eligible for recruitment in defence service after 12th from a recognised board.

So, you will be not eligible to join defence service after 12th. The minimum required qualification is bachelor degree from a recognised university.

So, you have to pursue your bachelor degree and then you will be eligible to appear for CDS and other entrance examination for recruitment in defence service.

You are not eligible to appear for NDA examination.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
26th December 2016, 09:50 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, to say that being a female candidate, you are not eligible to join Indian Army after completion of your 12th standard. As per UPSC notification, only unmarried male candidates those who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination from a recognised board are eligible to apply for NDA examination. So, being a female candidate, you are not eligible to apply for NDA examination and you can't join in Indian Army.
26th December 2016, 10:48 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that your information about NDA entrance examination eligibility for female candidates are right as female candidates are not allowed for appearing in NDA entrance examination.

--> But as you are interested to join Indian Army then you have the option of that through CDS ( Combined Defense Services ) entrance examination for which you need to satisfy the criteria given below :-

* You must be an Indian citizen.

* Your age must lie within 19 years to 24 years for join IMA ( Indian Military Academy ).

* You must completed your bachelor degree course in any discipline from a recognized university.

* You must satisfy the physical fitness norm as specified during the notification of the same examination.

For further details about CDS entrance examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
27th December 2016, 12:29 AM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

I am sorry to say that you cannot give NDA exam become a female candidate because only unmarried male candidates are eligible for this exam. If you want to join the Indian army then you have to complete your graduation first. Only after that you will be eligible for Combined Defense Service (CDS)Exam. After qualifying in this exam you can join the Indian army. Thanks
27th December 2016, 12:09 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No, female candidates are not eligible to appear for NDA entrance examination for recruitment in defence services after 12th from a recognised board.

Girl/Female candidates are eligible to join defence service but only after bachelor degree.

Candidates can appear for entrance examination such as AFCAT, CDS and SSC Women for recruitment in service.

For details information visit at www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. www.careerairforce.nic.in or www.upsc.gov.in.
27th December 2016, 06:00 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

It's not possible for a girl to join Indian Army right after 12th as NDA doesn't allow girl candidates to join defense services. So, being a girl candidate, you can join Indian Army through CDS exam for which the minimum required qualification is Bachelor's degree.

UPSC conducts CDS (Combined Defense Services) Exam twice a year for recruitment of officers in Indian Army.

Eligibility criteria for CDS exam are as under :-

- Nationality : Indian.

- Educational Qualification:

IMA/OTA - Bachelors degree in any stream.

Indian Naval Academy -B.E./B.Tech.

Indian Air Force Academy - 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics or B.E./ B.Tech.

-Age limit:

IMA - 19 years to 24 years

Indian Naval Academy -19 years to 22 years

Indian Air Force Academy -19 years to 23 years

OTA - 19 years to 25 years

-Selection Criteria :

*Written Exam

*Interview by Services Selection Board.
27th December 2016, 06:51 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, Jai Hind. I am Devisree, studying in 10th standard
and I would love to serve my country and to join the defence wing but I read that only male candidates are eligible to apply for this examination after 12th.
So, being a female how can I apply for NDA examination? Its my great ambition. Please guide me Sir, to join the Indian Army.
Female candidates are not eligible for Indian Army post through NDA exam.

Candidates who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years.
27th December 2016, 11:25 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

You can't join Indian army after 12th being a female candidate.

The following are the requirements
to join Indian Army:-

->>The applicant should have pass 10+2/ HSC from a recognized board in India with subjects of Physics and Mathematics

->>The Candidates aged between 16 ½ and 19 ½ years.

->>Only unmarried male candidate are eligible to sit in written exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?