29th December 2016, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

How to get admission in 3 years LLB course?

Hi, I have passed B.Com with 44.33%. I want to study LLB 3 years course. I am from OBC category. Is there any provision for admission for me, if yes any GR available as such, I have cleared CET. Also, please tell me any institute where I can take admission, reply asap.

29th December 2016, 03:27 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get admission in 3 years LLB course?

You can apply for CLAT for admission in such courses. Admission will be on the basis of performance in the entrance exam and seats are allotted through counselling. Graduation is the minimum qualification.

Relaxation is available for SC/ST and PWD candidates in terms of marks and age. You need at least 45% marks in degree to become eligible.
29th December 2016, 05:49 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

As you are saying that you want to get admission in law after completion of your BCom Degree Course then you have to appear in the class exam that is conducted every year. Minimum percentage required to appear in this course is 50% marks in your graduation.
Some of the institutes give admission on the basis of marks obtained in your graduation. If you have a good percentage in your graduation then you can get admission on the basis of your marks only. Some of the reputed institutes conduct entrance exam.
29th December 2016, 06:03 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

If you want to get admission in LLB course you should have at least 45% of marks in graduation. However, for Sc/ST candidates, minimum % of marks will be 40%.

Some reputed Institutions conducts entrance exam like:-

CLAT( Common Law Admission Test). You can appear through the entrance exam in order to get admission to years integrated LLB course in top colleges of India.

Top Law Colleges of India:-

Government Law College, Mumbai

NLSIU, Bangalore

Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar

National Law University, Delhi

Army Law School, Delhi.
29th December 2016, 06:35 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Admission to three years LLB degree course is done on the basis of separate entrance exams conducted by the concerned university or on the basis of merit only.

Yes, you are eligible for admission in LLB course even after securing less than 45% marks as you belong to reserved category group. There is relaxation provided to reserved category candidates with regard to minimum marks to be secured to become eligible for admission in LLB course.

The eligibility criteria for LLB course after graduation are following:-

-The candidate must have completed graduation with a minimum of 45% marks (40% for reserved category) in any discipline from a recognized university.

- The minimum age limit to apply for the course is 17 years and there is no upper age-limit for admission.
29th December 2016, 09:32 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

L.L.B. stands for Bachelor of Legislative Law.it is an undergraduate Law course of duration 3 year.

For admission you have to pass a law entrance examination such as CLAT or LAWCET with good marks

To eligible for this exam You have to passed any undergraduate course such as B.A. or B.Com. or B.Sc. degree with minimum 40% marks (35% for SC / ST) form any well recognized University

The maximum age limit to pursue LLB:-

**30 years for candidates belonging to General Category.

**32 years for candidates belonging to Sc/St Category.
29th December 2016, 10:37 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you can get admission in 3 years LLB course after the completion of your Graduation after scoring 44.33% of marks in it.
Since you belong to reserved category, you are eligible with the above mentioned marks as for reserved category the minimum percentage of marks required is 40% of marks.
Candidates those who have completed their Graduation in any discipline from a recognised University are eligible to opt for LLB course.
After Graduation, you must have to qualify in the CLAT entrance examination. Admission is based on the performance in the entrance examination and seats are allotted through the counselling process. So, after qualifying in the entrance examination, you must have to participate in the counselling to get admission in a particular College.
29th December 2016, 11:24 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

In order to get admission in LLB course, you should fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria mentioned below;

ELIGIBILITY:

> Applicant should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

> Applicant should have scored a minimum of 55% of marks in graduation.

> 5% rebate for SC/ST candidates.

> Admission for LLB course is done on the basis of merit list of CLAT examination.

> CLAT stands for common Law Admission Test.
29th December 2016, 11:51 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I have passed B.Com with 44.33%. I want to study LLB 3 years course. I am from OBC category. Is there any provision for admission for me, if yes any GR available as such, I have cleared CET. Also, please tell me any institute where I can take admission, reply asap.
Yes, of course you are eligible to apply for LLB after B.Com. Those applicant who have interested to apply for LLB, must complete Graduation or its equivalent qualification with 50% from a recognized university. Some universities may also accept 40% of marks at Graduation level. so don't worry about your percentage of marks. You need to appear and qualify in the CLAT entrance examination. There is no age limit for LLB.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?