3rd January 2017, 11:52 AM
Unregistered

What should I do to become an IPS Officer? What is the eligibility criteria required and which exam do I have to write?

Respected Sir, I am studying in class 10th and after completing it I have a dream to become an IPS Officer. I want to know what should I study to become an IPS Officer and after that what should I do to become an IPS Officer? What is the eligibility criteria required and which exam do I have to write? Please answer as soon as possible.

7th January 2017, 07:30 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to become an IPS Officer? What is the eligibility criteria required and which exam do I have to write?

To become an IPS officer, you have to appear in Indian Civil Services examination which is conducted by UPSC. Eligibility criteria required to appear in UPSC IPS examination is mentioned below :-

=> You should be a citizen of India.

=> You should have passed Bachelor's degree or an equivalent examination from a Government recognised university.

=> You should be at least 21 years old and not more than 32 years of age. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.
8th January 2017, 11:25 AM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

Default Re: What should I do to become an IPS Officer? What is the eligibility criteria required and which exam do I have to write?

As you are a 10th student i will suggest you firstly to complete your intermediate studies with more than 60 % marks either in commerce field or in science as per your suitability. If you want to be in civil service line then you must complete your graduation in Arts field i.e Bachelor of Arts. This bachelor degree will help you in easy gain of the civil service as course is somewhat similar.

Selection of IPS officer is done by:
>> CSAT(civil service aptitude test)
>> Civil Service Main exam
>> Interview

Eligibility
> Candidate must have a degree from recognized university.
> Candidate must be at least 21 years at the time of filling civil service.
> Candidate must hold the Indian citizenship to apply for the exam.
> Men should have minimum 165 cm and for female 150 cm is required.

Number of attempt allowed
General 6
OBC 9
SC/ST unlimited
8th January 2017, 08:21 PM
Sargeant
Member+

To become an IPS officer one should ensure about basic requirement for position and should ready to put efforts which required to qualify.

Person need to fulfill physically,mental, educational qualification.

About General Criteria and Examination::

Indian Police Services conducted by UPSC once year . There is no. of attempt limit for OBC as 7 , for general it is 5 and no limit for SC/ST.

Physical requirement:

Height:Men/Women :- 165cm/150cm.

Chest:Men/Women:-85cm/79cm.

Nationality: Indian

Educational Qualifications:Candidate should posses degree from recognized university or any equivalent qualification.

Age Limit:- Minimum Age 21 and Maximum Age 30.
Relaxation up to max. 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC.
8th January 2017, 08:26 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I am studying in class 10th and after completing it I have a dream to become an IPS Officer. I want to know what should I study to become an IPS Officer and after that what should I do to become an IPS Officer? What is the eligibility criteria required and which exam do I have to write? Please answer as soon as possible.
To become an IPS officer, you should qualify in Civil Service Exam which is conducted by UPSC.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized University then you are eligible for IPS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 32 years for general candidates.

Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?