10th January 2017, 02:45 PM
Unregistered

What is the minimum graduation percentage required to apply for IPS?

What is the minimum graduation percentage required to apply for IPS? Can you please give me the complete details on the same? I need to understand the criteria completely to start preparing for the IPS career. Please provide me the information soon.

11th January 2017, 11:02 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum graduation percentage required to apply for IPS?

IPS stands for Indian Police Service and the candidates who have completed their graduation in any discipline are eligible to become an IPS officer. No such percentage is required in graduation, but you have to secure pass marks at least. You should be an Indian citizen and your age should be in between 21 to 30 years. Age relaxation will be applicable for reserved category candidates. You should be mentally and physically fit.

With this eligibility you have to appear for Civil Services examination and the selection will be based on the marks secured in the examination followed by physical test & personal interview.
11th January 2017, 11:42 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum graduation percentage required to apply for IPS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is the minimum graduation percentage required to apply for IPS? Can you please give me the complete details on the same? I need to understand the criteria completely to start preparing for the IPS career. Please provide me the information soon.

There are no marks criteria for appearing IPS – Civil Service Examinations. Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from any university recognized by UGC, are eligible for the civil service examinations. The civil service examinations are conducted by the UPSC. The examinations are conducted once every year. The civil service examination consists of Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Interview. The candidate should be less than 32 years of age (35 years for OBC and 37 years for SC/ST). The UPSC website link is Official Website
11th January 2017, 11:48 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

There are no marks criteria for appearing IPS – Civil Service Examinations. Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from any university recognized by UGC, are eligible for the civil service examinations. The civil service examinations are conducted by the UPSC. The examinations are conducted once every year. The civil service examination consists of Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Interview. The candidate should be less than 32 years of age (35 years for OBC and 37 years for SC/ST). The UPSC website link is Click Here
11th January 2017, 01:54 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

There is no minimum percentage required in graduation to apply for IPS examination. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree or an equivalent examination in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to apply for IPS examination. Eligibility criteria required to appear in IPS examination is mentioned below :-

1. You should be a citizen of India.

2. You should have passed Bachelor's degree or an equivalent examination from a recognised university.

3. You should be within 21-32 years old. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.
11th January 2017, 08:19 PM
Unregistered

Respected SIR, please tell some jobs for engineers. I m a computer engineer and I am
in 3rd year right now. So only one year is left for my graduation. so
what should I do further for a good job

- SHIVANGI
11th January 2017, 09:59 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

There is no minimum percentage are required to apply for the Indian Police Service examination.

You need to fulfill following eligibility criteria:-

->>The applicant should hold graduate degree in any discipline of any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of Central or State legislature in India

->>You must be at least 21 years of age at the time of filling the Civil Services Exam form and not more than 30 years of age.
11th January 2017, 11:05 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Minimum Graduation Percentage Required to apply for IPS:

Basically there is no certain minimum percentage required in Graduation in order to apply for IPS recruitment. The minimum qualification that is required to be eligible for Civil Service Recruitment is "Bachelor degree" in any discipline from a recognized board.

You must have to complete the Graduation and pass successfully in order to be eligible for the recruitment as there is no particular minimum percentage criteria required. The minimum age required to be eligible is 21 years and the maximum age must not exceed 30 years.
11th January 2017, 11:44 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

There is no minimum aggregate required in bachelor degree to appear for Civil Service examination.

For recruitment as an I.P.S officer the candidates have to appear and qualify in all stages of examination. The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline.

Candidate must have passed degree with minimum passing aggregate.

Candidates can start preparation for examination anytime. To qualify in examination candidates need to do the better preparation.
11th January 2017, 11:47 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for Indian Police Services. For this examination candidate must have passed graduation from a recognized university.

As per my knowledge, no minimum percentage required in graduation level to apply for Indian police service examination.

The required age for Indian police service examination are given below.

=> Minimum age = 21 years

=> Maximum age = 30 years.

The 5 years age relaxation is given to SC/ST candidates and 3 years to OBC candidates.
12th January 2017, 07:59 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
IPS stands for Indian Police Service. This exam is conducted by UPSC through Civil Service Exam.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IPS exam. This exam doesn't require any percentage marks in graduation degree.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 32 years for general candidates.
13th January 2017, 04:52 PM
radha 2
Senior Member+

Eligibility Criteria for IAS

Candidate must hold BACHELOR degree from any of the Universities .

Age limits
A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years
15th January 2017, 11:00 PM
hardwellonair

There aren't any marks criteria for performing IPS – Civil carrier Examinations. applicants should maintain a Bachelor’s degree in any field from any college identified through UGC, are eligible for the civil carrier examinations. The civil service examinations are conducted via the united states of america. The examinations are carried out as soon as each 12 months. The civil provider examination includes preliminary exam, essential exam and Interview. The candidate need to be much less than 32 years of age (35 years for OBC and 37 years for SC/ST). The united states website hyperlink is official internet site
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?