12th January 2017, 03:58 PM
binoy halder

What is the Role of an IPS Officer? What is the eligibility criteria required to become an IPS Officer?

Respected Sir, I am studying in class 12th and I have a dream to become an IPS Officer but I want to know more about the post. I want to know what is the Role of an IPS Officer? What is the eligibility criteria required to become an IPS Officer? Please answer as soon as possible.

14th January 2017, 02:48 PM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the Role of an IPS Officer? What is the eligibility criteria required to become an IPS Officer?

IPS officer need to make law and order in the state. At district level IPS officer works with IAS officer to maintain law in state. They play important role in reducing crime, preventing accidents, maintaining social law and order in the state.

Eligibility of IPS Officer
* UPSC conducts exam for the selection of IPS officer from time to time.
* Age limit is 21 years to 32 years for general category.
* Candidate must have attain a recognized graduation degree from university.
* Candidate must have 165 cm height for men and women need 150 cm minimum height.

No of attempt :
Gen : 6
OBC : 9
SC/ST : Unlimited
14th January 2017, 04:30 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the Role of an IPS Officer? What is the eligibility criteria required to become an IPS Officer?

IPS stands for Indian Police Service which is a administrative service and hence a IPS officer is concerned about maintaining the proper law and order situation in their concerned area.

Also for becoming an IPS officer you will need to crack Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year. Further for appearing in this examination you need to have the qualifications mentioned below :-

* You must be an Indian resident.

* Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years if you are a general candidate otherwise age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your graduation in any stream from a recognized university. Final year student of graduation is also

* Also for this wing of Civil Services you are required to have physical fitness as per the requirement norms released with the notification of same examination.

For more details and updates about Civil Services examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
14th January 2017, 04:51 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

I.P.S stands for Indian Police Service and it's main role is to maintain the public peace and order, crime prevention, investigation, drug trafficking, VIP's security etc.

The candidates are selected as an officer after qualifying in Civil Service examination which is conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 21-32 years with relaxation in age for reserved category.

So, to make your dream come true you need to pursue bachelor degree and also have to give your best to qualify in examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?