13th January 2017, 08:19 PM
Unregistered

Which subjects should I choose in class 12th for pursuing B.Tech Biotechnology? Do I have to take both Maths and Biology for admission?

Respected Sir, I am studying in class 10th and after completing it I want to pursue B.Tech Biotechnology so I want to know which subjects should I choose in class 12th for pursuing B.Tech Biotechnology? Do I have to take Maths and Biology both for admission? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Is Maths subject important for pursuing a course in Biotechnology Field?
  2. List of the colleges in India offering admission in B.Tech Biotechnology with Maths and Biology as compulsory subjects in class 12th?
  3. What should I choose after class 12th to become a computer science engineering graduate?
  4. Is Maths subject compulsory for pursuing B.Sc Biotechnology?
  5. Can I do Biotechnology with Biology background and without Maths after 12th? Institutes in India offering such course?
  6. How to opt for Mathematics and Biological Sciences at Intermediate level?
  7. Which subject to choose in class 11th- biology or maths?
  8. Can I pursue Biotechnology if I did not have Biology as a subject in class 12th?
  9. Can I get admission in B.Com after completing class 12th (Maths and Biology)? How much should I score in class 12th for admission?
  10. Do we have to appear for Maths in CET to pursue B.Tech Biotechnology?
  11. Should I choose Maths or Biology in 11th class?
  12. Is Maths important for pursuing a degree in Biotechnology? Can I pursue Post Graduation from Abroad after completing Graduation from India? -- [New]
  13. Important subjects in 11th and 12th for a career in Biotechnology? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Am I eligible to study B.Sc(Biotechnology) if studying 12th ISC with Biology, Physics and Chemistry?
  15. Which course is best between B.Tech Biotechnology, Biomedical Science and Forensic Science after 12th if having interest in making career in Biology?
  16. Mathematics will become optional if score less marks than Biology in 12th Science WBCHSE Board exam?
  17. How to do Biotechnology after passing class 12th with PCBE?
  18. Which among Biology and Mathematics should I choose as subject in class 11th?
14th January 2017, 09:44 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects should I choose in class 12th for pursuing B.Tech Biotechnology? Do I have to take both Maths and Biology for admission?

B.Tech. Biotechnology or Bachelor of Technology in Biotechnology is an undergraduate Biotechnology course. The duration of this course is four years.

For this course candidate must have passed 12th class with Physics, Mathematics, Biology and Chemistry subjects from a recognized board. The admission of candidate will be done on the basis of entrance examination.

BEST UNIVERSITIES

=> Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra

=> Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak

=> Integral University, Lucknow
15th January 2017, 12:08 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects should I choose in class 12th for pursuing B.Tech Biotechnology? Do I have to take both Maths and Biology for admission?

B.Tech in Biotechnology is a bachelor degree course and the basic educational requirement for pursuing the same course is a higher secondary school degree with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biology/ Biotechnology from a recognized board.

So being a student of Class 10th and looking to pursue B.Tech in Biotechnology you just need to be pursue anyone of Mathematics or Biology along with Physics and Chemistry in your Class 12th.

Also to be eligible for admission in top colleges for pursuing Biotechnology you need to qualify JEE ( Joint Entrance Examination ) and for details about JEE you can log on to the link www.jeemain.nic.in.
15th January 2017, 04:07 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not compulsory to have both mathematics and biology in 12th to pursue b.tech biotechnology.

The eligibility to get admission in course is that candidate must have passed 12th with Mathematics/Biology/Biotechnology along with Physics and Chemistry as main paper.

So, you can pursue any one from maths or biology if interested in Biotechnology.
15th January 2017, 04:43 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

B.Tech in biotechnology is a bachelor degree course for which the required educational qualification is a higher secondary degree school degree with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics / Biology / Biotechnology as main subjects from a recognized board.

So as far as you concerned about the selection of streams for your higher secondary school degree for pursuing Biotechnology then you can go for anyone of PCM or PCB or PCMB stream which suits you the best.
15th January 2017, 05:52 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility to get admission in Biotechnology course is :-

Candidate must have passed 12th from any recognised board.

Candidate must have Physcis, Chemistry and Biology or Mathematics or Biotechnology as main paper.

So, you do not need to pursue both course if you do not want to get admission in B.tech biotechnology course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?