21st June 2010, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

Scope of Post Graduation through Distance Education? Chances of getting appointed as a lecturer?

Respected Sir,
I am a serving in armed force and am likely to complete my service assignment in next two years. I have completed my double post graduatin in MA (political science) (57.5%) and MA (history) (58%) through institute of distance education, university of Mumbai. I subsequently appeared in UGC-NET in politics in Dec 2008 and qualified it. Then I appeared in UGC-NET in history in Dec 2009 and qualified it also. I suppose good academic record as asked by UPSC means 50% in graduation. unfortunatly, I have got 299/600 i.e 01 mark less for 50% in final year of graduation. In 1st and 2nd Year of graduation, I have got 58% and 57% respectively. If I take combine of 3-years graduation, then it works out more than 50%.I am a native of Jammu and Kashmir. while navigating through the J & K public service commission website, it has announced the post for 10+2 lecturer, wherein it has mentioned that it will not take candidates with distance education degrees other than IGNOU and distance education dept of University of Jammu and Kashmir.However, it has not prescribed the NET qualification for the post being only under graduate teaching. My question to you sir,is:-
(a) Does J & K Public service commission follow same thing (not validating distance education) for appointment of lecturer for university teaching positions ?
(b) What are my chances of getting an appointment as lecturer?
(c) Does any institute/ university provide reservation to ex-servicemen?
(d) What does good academic record mean for appointment of lectureship mean?
Thanking you in anticipation,
Regards,
Omkar Pandit

Related Questions:
  1. Will I be eligible to apply for Lecturer post or Ph.D after completion of M.Tech course through distance education?
  2. What's qualification required for the lecturer post in degree colleges? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Can I become a Lecturer in Mumbai University having 5 years of Teaching experience in Distance Education Graduation and PG centres after completing Post Graduation being a Special Backward Class candidate?
  4. Scope of M.Sc in Psychology in Distance Education? Can I join into Lecturer Profession by this course?
  5. Is correspondence MS considered for lectureship for BTech students?
  6. Lecturer post in government college after graduation and post graduation in distance?
  7. How can I get Lecturer post in government colleges? Whether B.Ed is necessary for Lecturer post?
  8. Can I do post graduation diploma in distance education while working?
  9. Which post graduation course I need to take after B.Com Computer Science to become a lecturer?
  10. Can I pursue Law through distance education if done both graduation and post graduation through distance education?
  11. Can I take admission for post graduation(MCA) after completing B.Com graduation in distance education
  12. How to become a professor in college after graduating with pass class? Can I appear for B.Ed?
  13. LLB course through distance education after post graduation?
  14. Am I eligible for Software Jobs having an academic gap of 4 years between 12th class and B.Sc?
  15. Chances available after completing graduation? Is it possible to clear Civil Services?
  16. Does post graduation (MA) from Annamalai University, through Distance Education, without doing BA is valid for getting government job in Punjab? -- [New]
  17. Eligibility criteria for lecturer post in degree colleges in Delhi and Chennai?
  18. Can i do teaching after passing Diploma in Electronics Engineering?
31st December 2011, 11:32 AM
vijaysrirangam

Smile Re: Scope of Post Graduation through Distance Education? Chances of getting appointed as a lecturer?

There is a scope of getting a lecturer post, especially in south India , since there is lack of lecturers in south India. according to your question , there will be some reservation for ex - military person .... All the best and try for good job, you will definitely get it

for your best,
vijay
1st June 2012, 07:05 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Scope of Post Graduation through Distance Education? Chances of getting appointed as a lecturer?

hello sir/mam
i have done bsc in zoology from ignou with 60% marks now i am completing my b.ed from mdu rohtak...i am looking for my masters and then after for phd but i am confuse in choosing subject for msc as i want to complete it fron distant learning.please guide me ,the scope of msc and via distant learning , will this hamper my taching carrier and the correct subject for teaching so that i can apply for lecturership in the future...i need ur guidance...i am really confused...please help.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?