23rd January 2017, 07:23 PM
Unregistered

How to get government jobs after B.Tech in civil engineering?

I am civil engineering student. This year I will complete my B.Tech and I am planning to prepare for government jobs. Please help me how to prepare by giving any instructions to me. Please help me to my humble request hope you will help me.
my e mail id - [email protected].

Related Questions:
  1. What are the jobs available in government sector for B.E Civil Engineering graduates? -- [New]
  2. Date of upcoming IBPS Exam for the year 2012?
  3. How may I get job in top companies? I've completed my 10th with 48.2% , 12th with 59.2% and B.Tech till 7th sem is 60.45% marks
  4. Job opportunities for Civil Engineers in India in 2017
  5. Government jobs for B.Tech Civil Engineers freshers in AP?
  6. Eligibility for job in Railway or any other government sector after B.Tech in Civil Engineering? Details of competitive exams for the same?
  7. Job opportunities in Government sector for B.E. Civil student?
  8. Eligibility for applying job in Railway or any other government sector after B.Tech in civil Engineering? Details of competitive exams for the same?
  9. Will there be any Government Job Opportunities in AP Government for the candidates of Civil Engineering?
  10. What are the jobs available in Government sector for Civil Engineering freshers?
  11. Is there any Government job for Civil Engineering candidates?
  12. Government jobs available for Civil Engineer? Chances of getting job in Abroad?
  13. What are the opportunities available in government sector after passing B.Tech Civil?
  14. What are the government jobs available in civil engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. List of government jobs which are available for women under civil engineering?
  16. What are the state government jobs available for diploma Civil Engineers?
  17. Am I eligible to apply for government jobs in Maharashtra or any other private jobs after completion of diploma in civil engineering?
  18. Government jobs available for Civil Engineering through MPSC?

23rd January 2017, 10:15 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get government jobs after B.Tech in civil engineering?

Civil Engineering is one of the best disciplines of engineering which has lots of career opportunities in private and public sector. You can apply for following entrance exams for government jobs:

>>Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering for jobs in various PSUs like NTPC, BHEL, SAIL, GAIL, ONGC, IOCL etc.

>>Indian Engineering Services examination.

>>Railway Recruitment Board examination for Senior and Junior engineer.

You need to focus on basis of civil engineering subjects and practice a lot on objective and subjective questions to clear these competitive exams.

24th January 2017, 11:40 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am civil engineering student. This year I will complete my B.Tech and I am planning to prepare for government jobs. Please help me how to prepare by giving any instructions to me. Please help me to my humble request hope you will help me.
my e mail id - [email protected].

To get government job, one has to apply for the vacancies available in the government sector. The vacancy details are available in the job portals and in employment newspaper. Most of the government PSUs will recruit candidates on the basis of their performance in GATE. So it is important to clear GATE with good rank, to get a job in PSUs. The salary in the PSUs will be comparatively high and the job security is there in PSUs. The applicant should score over 65% marks in B.Tech also in order to be eligible for the job in PSUs. After short listing you will be called for an interview for the selection.

24th January 2017, 12:59 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Procedure to get a government job after btech in civil engineering

You have completed B.Tech degree in Civil Engineering. So you are eligible for government jobs . So you can apply for WBCS and IES Exam. If you have cleared written exam and interview then you will get government jobs.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognised University then you are eligible for WBCS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 32 years for general candidates.

Age relaxation:-

5 years relaxation for SC/ ST candidates

3 years relaxation for OBC candidates

5 years relaxation for Ex-.servicemen

Selection process for WBCS:-

Preliminary Exam

Main Exam

Interview

IES stands for Indian Engineering Service examination.

If you have completed bachelor engineering degree course then you are eligible for IES examination. But your written exam subjects are-

Civil

Mechanical

Electrical

Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering

You can choose any one subject from above Mentioned subject . M.Sc degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering are also eligible for IES exam. Final year students are also eligible for IES exam.

The applicant age should be in between 21 to 30 years.

SC / ST- 5 years

OBC- 3 years

Ex- serviceman- 5 years

PWD - 10 years.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?