24th January 2017, 03:16 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to Ph.D in regular mode after completion of masters in correspondence?

I had done my masters from correspondence. Am I eligible to PhD in regular mode? What is the minimum criteria required to do? and finishing masters in correspondence will have some issues or so? Awaiting for the response. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in regular mode after completion of BA general course and MA from IGNOU?
  2. Am I eligible to do regular B.Ed course after completion of B.Com through correspondence mode?
  3. Am I eligible for doing regular Ph.D after completion of B.Tech Computer Science?
  4. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in correspondence mode after completion of M.Sc in IT through distance mode? -- [New]
  5. Am I eligible to do M.Com in regular mode after completion of B.Com in correspondence?
  6. Possibility to do regular PhD for correspondence M.Com candidate?
  7. Am I eligible to pursue Ph.D in regular mode if I have completed post graduation in IT through correspondence?
  8. Am I eligible for PhD having done PGDM from ITS with dual specialization?
  9. Is there any difference in joining masters program through correspondence and regular basis? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Am I eligible to do PH.D course after completion of masters through distance mode?
  11. Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D after completion of MA from IGNOU?
  12. Am I eligible to study Masters degree in regular mode after completion of Graduation in Distance Education?
  13. Am I eligible to take admission on D.Ed through correspondence mode in the month of November?
  14. What is the syllabus for doing masters in economic through correspondence mode?
  15. Correspondence PhD can be done after regular Master's degree or the Master's degree should be from correspondence as well?
  16. Am I eligible for Ph.D course after completion of MCA in correspondence mode?
  17. List of universities in UP for doing Ph.D through regular or correspondence mode?
  18. Am I eligible to do PhD in Library and Information Science having completed correspondence MLIS about 11 years ago?
26th January 2017, 11:51 AM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to Ph.D in regular mode after completion of masters in correspondence?

To pursue PhD, a candidate needs a minimum of 55% marks in Master's degree for general candidate and for a candidate who is other than general like OBC/SC/ST minimum marks required is 50% in Master's degree. There will not be any issue you are eligible to pursue Ph.D course in regular mode
26th January 2017, 03:22 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to Ph.D in regular mode after completion of masters in correspondence?

Eligibility criteria for doing Ph.D in regular mode after completion Masters in correspondence:-

Yes, of course you can do your Ph.D after doing Masters through correspondence courses.

There are many Universities are like:-

Anna University

Burdwan University

SMU etc offering Ph.D courses in correspondence.

You can also give NET exam so that you will get admission in good University.
26th January 2017, 08:24 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I had done my masters from correspondence. Am I eligible to PhD in regular mode? What is the minimum criteria required to do? and finishing masters in correspondence will have some issues or so? Awaiting for the response. Thank you!
After completion of masters degree in correspondence mode, you are eligible for Ph.D course in regular mode but you should qualify in UGC NET exam.

The educational qualification required for UGC NET exam is masters degree from a recognized University with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for UGC NET exam.

There are no age criteria for UGC NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.
26th January 2017, 11:44 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you are eligible to opt for Ph.D course in regular mode after the completion of your Masters degree in correspondence, there is no problem in it.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree course from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course both in regular and correspondence mode without any problem.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?