24th January 2017, 04:17 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Physics in part time without completion of master's degree?

Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Physics in part time without completion of master's degree? Can you please let me know the steps which is followed for the same to apply for the Ph.D course? It will be helpful if you can guide me soon. Thank you!

26th January 2017, 12:55 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Physics in part time without completion of master's degree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Physics in part time without completion of master's degree? Can you please let me know the steps which is followed for the same to apply for the Ph.D course? It will be helpful if you can guide me soon. Thank you!

Sorry, you are not eligible to do PhD in Physics in part time without completion of master’s degree. The eligibility to do PhD in Physics will be Post Graduate Degree in Physics with at least 55% marks from a university recognized by UGC. The mode of admission to the PhD will be done through an entrance examination and Interview. The candidates who have qualified the NET / SET / GATE shall be exempted from the entrance examination. The above given is the admission procedure for PhD in Physics. The PhD Physics (part time) program can be studied in various universities in India.
26th January 2017, 02:05 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Physics in part time without completion of master's degree?

No, you are not eligible to do so.To pursue PhD, a candidate needs a minimum of 55% marks in Master's degree for general candidate and for a candidate who is other than general like OBC/SC/ST minimum marks required is 50% in Master's degree in the correspondence subjects.
26th January 2017, 06:43 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to opt for the Ph.D course since you have not completed your Post Graduation course which is the basic requirement of doing Ph.D in future.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course.
27th January 2017, 12:02 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Without having masters degree, you are not eligible for Ph.D course in Physics in part time.

If you have completed masters degree from a recognized University with above 55% marks then you are eligible for Ph.D course. There are no age criteria.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?