16th February 2017, 05:37 PM
Unregistered

Can I join journalism or mass communication after graduation in arts?

I completed my graduation in bachelor of arts. After graduation can I study for journalism or mass communication? Which qualifications needs? Can I get chance in bachelor of journalism? From any school/college/university/institute In kolkata?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I pursue special honours in journalism and mass communication in Calcutta university after graduation?
  2. Which degree course I should opt for to go for Journalism in future? -- [New]
  3. Cutoff for Petroleum Engineering course in top colleges? Which are the top colleges in Pune?
  4. Can I join journalism or mass communication after graduation in arts?
  5. What to do after 12th standard to become a Journalist?
  6. Admission for M.Tech after passing GATE with 70%? Names of the government colleges in Pune and Mumbai?
  7. Detailed information and benefits of studying Master's in Mass Communication, Advertising and Journalism course?
  8. Can I pursue journalism after completing graduation in Political science? Which course should I choose after graduation?
  9. Qualification required to be a Journalist?
  10. Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communication and Journalism for undergraduate students in India?
  11. Colleges for Masters in Journalism & Mass Communication or Journalism or Journalism or Mass Communication? How to prepare for their entrance exams and what are the syllabus?
  12. Cutoff of BDS colleges in Mumbai and New Mumbai? List of medical government colleges and government aided colleges in Mumbai and New Mumbai?
  13. Which course should I do in Post Graduation to become a Journalist being a B.A. Mass Communication & Journalism student?
  14. Which college should I prefer to have a career as Journalist?
  15. Course fees for Journalism and Mass Communication?
  16. How to do master in journalism and mass communication?
  17. Can I apply for M.A. in Journalism & Mass Communication being a diploma holder?
  18. Fee Structure for MBBS in various colleges? -- [Most Discussed]
16th February 2017, 08:49 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join journalism or mass communication after graduation in arts?

I am happy to tell you that definitely you can join Masters degree in Journalism or Mass Communication after the completion of your Graduation in Arts stream, there is no problem in it.
Candidates those who have completed their Graduation in any discipline from a recognised University with a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Masters degree course in Journalism or Mass Communication.
16th February 2017, 09:59 PM
AshitaBanerjee

Default Re: Can I join journalism or mass communication after graduation in arts?

Yes of course you can go for Masters in Journalism/MC after doing BA. If you want to get into CU campus then you have to sit for the entrance exam. But in case of colleges under CU you can get admission on the basis of your undergraduate marks provided you have check the eligibility criteria as well.
17th February 2017, 05:58 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to join Journalism and Mass Communication Course:

Bachelor Degree in Journalism and Mass Communication is a Bachelor Degree level course and the basic educational qualification required for doing this course is almost the same that is required for other such equivalent courses.

The basic educational qualification required to pursue this Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication course is "12th Class" or Higher secondary course in 10+2 pattern from a recognized university with minimum 50% marks or above than that and course must be recognized either from state board or CBSE board. Some of the colleges conduct their own entrance examination to offer admission into this course. So you are required to appear in concerned organization's exam and score merit marks to be eligible for securing a seat.

As you are done with Graduation, yes you are certainly eligible to do this course as the minimum qualification required is just 12th Class in 10+2 pattern.
17th February 2017, 06:17 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I completed my graduation in bachelor of arts. After graduation can I study for journalism or mass communication? Which qualifications needs? Can I get chance in bachelor of journalism? From any school/college/university/institute In kolkata?

Yes, you can join MA in Journalism and Mass Communication course after graduation in arts. The graduates in any discipline with at least 50% marks can study MA Journalism & Mass Communication course. The course duration is two years. The admission to the course will be done on the basis of marks scored in the graduation (mostly). Some universities conduct entrance test for the admission to the MA Journalism and Mass Communication course. The MA Journalism and Mass Communication course is available in the following universities;

Sri Sri University - Website Link

IGNOU - Website Link

Sharda University - Website Link

Amity School of Communication - Website Link
17th February 2017, 10:28 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, mass communication and journalism is open for any stream graduates. The best place to study is IIMC, which conducts entrance exam for admission in PG diploma course in Journalism and Mass communication.

There are other universities and institutes too and most of them conduct entrance exam for admission in such courses.
20th February 2017, 12:06 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you are eligible for Journalism and Mass Communication course.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible to get admission in Masters degree in journalism.

You age should be above 17 years.
1st August 2019, 11:12 PM
Unregistered

Can I do mass com after completing MA in English language????...I will b 24 years by then
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?