16th February 2017, 04:52 PM
Unregistered

How to join IAF after class 12th in commerce?

Sir, myself Roshan Singh. I'm a commerce student. I want to serve in IAF after my 12th in commerce. Please tell me, if I'm eligible for it or not if yes, then what I have to do and what is the criteria to join, if no, then why no waiting for your reply

Thanking you

Yours faithfully,
Roshan.

17th February 2017, 08:04 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join IAF after class 12th in commerce?

Sorry, you are not eligible to join HAD after completion of your 12th standard with commerce stream. Only candidates who have passed 12th standard with Mathematics and Physics subjects from a recognized board and those who are in the age range of 16.5 to 19.5 years are eligible to appear in NDA examination for joining IAF. So, being a 12th commerce student, you are not eligible to join IAF.
17th February 2017, 01:41 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Procedure to join IAS after completion of 12th Class in Commerce:

You can join Indian Air Force through NDA Examination after successful completion of 12th Class. Yes, candidates who successfully complete their 12th Class are eligible to appear in NDA & NA written Examination. The basic eligibility criteria required to be eligible is as follows.

>> You must have completed 12th Class in 10+2 pattern from a recognized university.

>> Any stream in 12th Class is accepted to be eligible. So based on this criteria I am sure you are eligible but make sure you have studied Physics and Mathematics at 12th Class level to be eligible.

>> After appearing in written examination, you will be called for Interview based on the marks secured in examination and then you will get selected after performing well in the selection process.
18th February 2017, 06:28 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

On the basis of 12th commerce, there are not many options in officers cadre, but you can try Group Y trade in Indian Air Force. This is the only option because you don't belong to technical field. Only those who have studied PCM can apply for exams like NDA for Air Force.

Hence, you can apply for Group Y trade. Selection will be on the basis of performance in the written exam and physical fitness test.
18th February 2017, 06:29 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Being a commerce stream student you are not eligible for joining Indian Air force at this level of academics. But once you complete your graduation you can join Indian Air force ground duty by qualifying AFCAT.

* AFCAT stands for Air force Common Admission Test and the basic qualifications required for appearing in the same examination for joining ground duty are as here under :-

i) You must have the citizenship of India.

ii) Your age must lie within 20 years to 26 years.

iii) You must have completed your graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

iv) You must satisfy the physical and mental fitness requirement norms as specified in the notification released for the same examination.

For more details about AFCAT you can refer to the link www.careerairforce.nic.in.
18th February 2017, 09:39 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

1. IAF stands for Indian Air Force. The entrance exam is called NDA examination. Commerce stream candidates are eligible for NDA entrance examination but not for Air Force only Indian Army.

2. The eligibility for Air Force is 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

3. Age limit is 16.5-19.5 years for unmarried male candidates.
18th February 2017, 09:56 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

You are eligible to apply only for Ground duty branch as you are a student of commerce background so you need to complete your graduation and you need to score minimum 60% in your B.com after scoring 60% you will be eligible to apply for AFCAT exam and after passing that exam you can join Indian air force accounts or logistic department.
27th January 2018, 12:19 AM
Unregistered

Hi sir my name is Rashmi basically I'm an commerce student but I have completed my graduation in technical stream that is BCA and now I'm doing my MCA that is also technical stream... I have studied mathematics in this stream
I'm I eligible
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?