19th February 2017, 09:10 PM
priyasivakarthikeyan

How to prepare for GATE exam with BE in Electrical stream? Marks required in GATE to get admission in top IITs and NITs?

Hello sir, I am doing BE in Electrical field and want to prepare for GATE exam. Please tell me how to prepare for it? Marks required in GATE to get admission in top IITs and NITs?

25th February 2017, 08:13 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for GATE exam with BE in Electrical stream? Marks required in GATE to get admission in top IITs and NITs?

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. It is conducted by IIT or IISC for selection of candidates for admission in Master of Technology in government and private engineering colleges. GATE also plays a vital role in PSUs jobs.

How to prepare for GATE exam:

>>The right time to start prepare for GATE exam is second year of engineering. You should work a lot on basics of each technical subjects of engineering. GATE exam is all about fundamental concepts of technical subjects.

>>You need to solve objective questions on various concepts. Subjects which you will study in second, third and final year of engineering are very essential for engineering. After completion of basic books, you must read standard books. You should not leave Engineering mathematics at all.

>>In final year of engineering, you can join test series of any institute like MADE EASY, GATE FORUM etc. If you can not do self preparation then you can join MADE EASY for better guidance in case of this exam.

For admission in top NITs and IITs, you score in GATE exam should be above 60 marks for general and OBC candidate and above 40 marks for SC/ST candidates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?