23rd June 2010, 04:05 PM
Unregistered

After B.tech. what are all the options? Jobs, Exams, Higher Studies?

I had completed my b.tech this may.
Now i'm confused what to do next, whether to pursue m.tech or find some job for myself in any company. I'm also confused in public and private sector.
Please do tell me about the various exams and lines that i can go for.
Thankyou.

7th July 2010, 02:38 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Default Re: After B.tech. what are all the options? Jobs, Exams, Higher Studies?

This confusion is among most of the students as like always i would say that go for you interest. MTech is further studies of what you just did.

If you want to get a better job with high salary and more higher status in the company then MTech is the best.

Go for Mtech. Job you can do after MTech also.

Other different line is MBA or civil services which you can opt for but go for them only if you are interested otherwise its useless

So think on your options and make a smart choice. I would say go for MTech and then do the job..
7th July 2010, 06:44 AM
gohan4

Default Re: After B.tech. what are all the options? Jobs, Exams, Higher Studies?

hello
After B.tec you have lots of option in jobs,and higher studies.
You can join companies or you can go for M.tec or MBA.
it is best to first complete your higher studies.It will provide you good pay scale.

Last edited by gohan4; 10th July 2010 at 07:42 AM.
7th July 2010, 11:26 AM
Shagun Makin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Now i'm confused what to do next, whether to pursue m.tech or find some job for myself in any company. I'm also confused in public and private sector.
Thankyou.
Dear friend there are lot of options open for you if you want to pursue higher studies.
You can do M.tech,MBA etc.

But the best is that you should look for MBA as B.tech+MBA has more prefence that any other combination.

If you want to do job you can look in TCS,inforsys,HCL etc.

BEST OF LUCK!!!!!
7th July 2010, 12:13 PM
karthu
Senior Member+

hai
There are 2 options for you.

1. You can go for higher studies that is you can do post graduation and then obtain a Ph.D.You have a lot of options during this P.G course like M.S/M.Tech, IAS/IPS, Navy/NDA and finance related courses like MBA.

2.You can lookfor jobs.Whatever branch you study in engg , you can get a job in any software industry provided if you have good campus placements in your college.
7th July 2010, 02:12 PM
August
Senior Member+

dear friend

after b.tech there will be many options to choose like job or higher studies.

if u have got a good job then go for it. after having experience it will give u more importance.

if u have scored good result in gate then i will suggest u to go for m.tech.

after master degree u will get more salary ,status and designation.

otherwise u can also opt for MBA .

all the best.
7th July 2010, 03:03 PM
kshitijawadhiya

Smile Re: After B.tech. what are all the options? Jobs, Exams, Higher Studies?

Quote:
Thankyou.
ya this a common confusion among the youth of our country..
the decision depends completely on you. there many different streams where you can test yourself .
mostly people opt for mba after btech to earn more..
it is very important to do mba from a good college otherwise its value is less.
you can also do higher studies from foreign universities..
but if are specialized in any field then you can opt for ms or phd in that stream.
if nothing else then do job.
7th July 2010, 03:58 PM
SJ.18
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Thankyou.
Hi
Ask yourself that you are interested in doing job or further studies.
If you dont have any financial crises then do M.tech first.
Because mastery in your field raise your career graph upward.
You will get good companies offer.

*But if you are interested in doing job then try for government job.
~PSUs-
1. NTPC
2. BHEL
3. SAIL
4. GAIL
5. IOCL
6. ONGC
7. BPCL
8. HPCL
Etc......
All the above take written test and interview.
So, you have to prepare for that very hardly.
After clearing any of the test you will get very good pay scale in future.
Its your decision to decide your path.
You can get more information about these sector like job openings, exam,eligibility, etc form the following link

http://www.successcds.net/

Good luck
7th July 2010, 11:02 PM
Gop
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: After B.tech. what are all the options? Jobs, Exams, Higher Studies?

Hi,

My suggestion would be to get hired to a job than going for Higher studies now.

Because If you go for higher studies now, Getting placed in a good institution is a great deal. Also pay package will also be considerably less after the Course completion.

If you gaining some around 3 years of experience, It is easy to get into top Institutions as There are special considerations and extra marks granted for experienced. Also after pay package will be great. The fact is, You take the post graduation in way needed for the Industry if you are Experienced. You will learn more professionally.

Next, Confusion about PRivate or public sector. I dont know watis there for a confusion. Private or public, the main thing you should consider is the job satisfaction and good remuneration. That's it.

All the Best.
8th July 2010, 08:27 PM
9A2M00
Senior Member+

the most important role a engg. plays are in govt.sector psu.you have to go through their entrances and with you masters marks which should be above 60%,you can vie for admission.
they take a interview too
9th July 2010, 01:48 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear
after btech you have lots of options open for you. for you higher study,for your jobs.

you can do jobs in various govt sector as well as private sectors.but i think to earning high remenue private sector is best.where as jobs stability in the govt sectors are very good.

you can also do higher study,like

1.mtech.
2.mba.

all the best.......
1st August 2010, 12:02 AM
Unregistered

i ve completed b.tech in ETC ,i wanna know that whether M.Tech or MBA ll b more beneficial 4 me
1st August 2010, 09:11 AM
Unregistered

My son is in final year B tech ECE. What to do next. He is at VIT Vellore- preparing for GRE and applied for passport. Now he contacted me that He is shortlisted for CISCO campus placement test. What to advise him? Pl. advise.
22nd August 2010, 05:14 PM
anki_8816

At present there are several candidates with B.Tech.Think calmly and go out for M.Tech because that will make you strong in your field.You can carry on job afterwards.
Other option is that to go for correspondence M.Tech but this is on you if you can handle the pressure.
I can only say study.
All The Best
23rd August 2010, 05:23 PM
robart
Senior Member+

dear friend,

if your financial condition is good then i will suggest you that you should go for M.TECH.

after doing m.tech. you can higher post and good salary in private companies.also if you are interested in teaching profession then m.tech. will help you.

as far as firms are concerned then its my personal advice that you should go for government jobs. because in this sector job security exists also after implementation of 6th pay you will get good salary.

all the best.
24th August 2010, 01:33 PM
Raj333

dear friend
After B.tech you may go for M-tech or MBA....................
After B.tech you may Prepared for UPSC exam...............
After B.tech you can find the job in different public and private companies like railway, sail, bhel ,ntpc ,tcs ,jindel ,tata ,reliance ,bsnl etc................

choice is totally depend on you ...... in which sector you wants to go ...................

best of luck.........................
24th August 2010, 11:22 PM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

After doing Btech you can apply for a job in public sector or private sector..

you have not mentioned your stream, otherwise it will be better to suggest you..

see, it is totally your interest... if you want to get a quick job then you can apply for job in private company or in public company..

you can apply for defense also through UPSC exams..

if you want to do higher study then you can go for Mtech.. for that you have to appear in GATE.. or you can go for MBA after completion of your graduation...

now you decide what you want..

all the best..
25th August 2010, 11:10 PM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
after b.tech there is a a lot of confusion among the students regarding the options available.it totally depends on you what to choose and what not to.if you want to do job then go for it.but if you want higher status in any company please do m.tech then think for jobs.you can also do MBA if you are interested in that.the decision is yours.
All The Best!!!
13th October 2010, 11:22 PM
mseetharamster

It depends on your interest to do job or go for higher studies
If you are from branches other than chemical engineering then doing M.Tech will help you to achieve a good job.
Salaries are more in private sector and security is more in Government sector.
You can decide on these grounds
14th October 2010, 04:06 AM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Quote:
Thankyou.
dear friend,

before asking me i suggest you to ask yourself.then you will get the right answer.as you are asking me then i am telling you if you are getting interest in studies which you have done last 4yearthen go for M.tech,if you dislike studies then go for job.public sector is always good thal privet sector.so try to go for PSU jobs.various PSU forms are advertish in leading news papers.so serch and apply for those exams.

good luck.
23rd October 2010, 12:03 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

it is a question of your personal interest. first you should analysis what you want? if you think that you should need to job now with some financial need then job is better choice for you.

but if you think that you should go for higher study after that you want to do job then you should go for higher study.

now examination. for both higher study and job you have to give entrance examination may be pattern is different so you have to prepare for it.

i will give you one suggestion make prepare for both of it. after that if you can clear the entrance examination for higher study like GATE then go for higher study because higher study is always beneficial for everyone. but unfortunately if you are unable to get a good chance then go for job.

all the best.
4th November 2010, 02:05 AM
Gaurav.jain88

I think you should take decision among
Higher studies/Job
Then
Higher studies:MBA/MTech.
As per your interest go for higher studies

other wise

Job:Private/Govt. Sector.

Private setor gives you more money but have to work a lot and no stability.

Govt. provides good incentives, stability, less work but transfer is big deal..

So take decision....
8th November 2010, 04:13 PM
megha ram singh

Tpday every body is worried about the job, salary,etc., no one is thinking about the true education.

But I feel that after B.Tech you should not try to get a job you should go for M.Tech.

if you try for job after M.Tech. then you'll get a much better job in the field of your interest and you'll have a bright future..

all the best..
20th November 2010, 06:31 PM
Unregistered

After MCA what to do Mtech or Phd?
3rd February 2011, 05:07 PM
Unregistered

friend
don't listen to any body words ,what your heart says do it. u can take decisions on your own & on Ur situation conditions.
12th February 2011, 07:27 PM
Unregistered

Iam also confused about this pls tell me what to do after my B.Tech IT course
whether to goto job or to do my higher studies if so what is the best higher study course
15th February 2011, 07:22 PM
bikenindia

Quote:
Thankyou.
Yes,
Everybody have the same proble once we complete our BE.
But don't get worried because once you settled, everything will be fine
There are so many options available that you can do after BE.
Write
1. GATE exam - if you want to go for ME
2. CAT or MAT for MBA

Also you can go in the job.
You can choose whether you want to go in private or public sector.
If you are in the public sector, your job is secured and you will be free. Your salary may be less when compared to public sector.

You can write various government exams.
1. IES
2. JTO
3. NTPS
4. Railways.
5. PSU, etc

Thanks
18th February 2011, 07:30 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

see all the three options are open for you.....
you can also get jobs after b.tech in any good company (both on and off campusing).

you can also do higher studies like M.tech or MBA by giving GATE or CAT/MAT etc respectively.

you can also sit for many govt. jobs like IES, IAS, BANK PO, railway jobs, JTO etc....
18th February 2011, 07:33 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Iam also confused about this pls tell me what to do after my B.Tech IT course
whether to goto job or to do my higher studies if so what is the best higher study course
both options are open to you...
if you get any good jobs in company, then do it....
but you are not getting any job, then go for higher studies.
decision is yours.....
all the best.
18th February 2011, 07:45 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
After MCA what to do Mtech or Phd?
M.tech and MBA both have same value...
so why will you do M.tech after MCA...its better to do P.hd.
because its a doctoral degree, not another masters degree...
best wishes.
26th March 2011, 11:54 AM
Unregistered

which branch will have good salary soon after completing my btech with a percentage b/w 60 n 70
27th March 2011, 01:04 AM
amlendu
Senior Member++

Hi,
This confusion is among most of the students as like always i would say that go for you interest. MTech is further studies of what you just did.

If you want to get a better job with high salary and more higher status in the company then MTech is the best.

Other different line is MBA or civil services which you can opt for but go for them only if you are interested otherwise its useless

So think on your options and make a smart choice. I would say go for MTech and then do the job
Thank
16th April 2011, 11:45 PM
Unregistered

can i go for reserch/doctral degree after completing my btech in computer science?
21st April 2011, 09:37 AM
Unregistered

If he/she has secured around 60-65% marks in btech and somehow failed to fulfill the criteria of different psu(s) (65% in btech),what are the chances of taking up psu(s) after mtech is he/she performs well there?
21st April 2011, 10:41 PM
sharivikram

If you needs to become a great knowledgeable person in any area you can choose Higher studies. If you needs money go to job. If you need govt. job write exams.
23rd April 2011, 03:32 PM
hari om yadav

dear
this time makes confuson that what i am do? if you want to get more in life then you should choose higher studie. all these depend on your interest.
so think by your mind .and go.
30th April 2011, 03:54 PM
strange_rahul
Senior Member+

Red face Re: After B.tech. what are all the options? Jobs, Exams, Higher Studies?

I think it depends on your interest and in your family background if your family background is poor then you should for a job........ and i think you must have a master degree that will increase your package........
30th April 2011, 11:37 PM
kanchanyadav
Senior Member+

After B.Tech you have wide range of optition in all the field of jobs , studies and examinations.

First of all it depend on your interest wether you wan to go for Job or for studies or for exams.

If you want to go foe jobs then these are some of jobs in Government and PSU:

- Indian railways
- Indian Armed Forces
- DRDO
- ISRO,
- BEL
etc...

If you want to go for higher studies then you can opt:

- M.E/M.Tech
- MBA

If you want to go for PSU:

- BHEL
- NTPC
- NPCIL
- ONGC
- GAIL
- SAIL
etc...

other than above all you can go in private sectors also

So now choose what you want to do.

All the Best....
1st May 2011, 03:16 PM
sharivikram

Hai,

That is upto you. If you are willing to serve for an company. Just go and do the work. If you need to become master in any particular area of your domain. Just go to higher studies.

Choose yourself. dont get suggestion even from your parents
5th May 2011, 03:12 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Soon after the completion of B.Tech, one can have plenty of options to choose.

Soon after the completion of B.Tech, if you get a good job in prestigious organizations, better to go for that instead of joining post graduation.

Because you may get the experience in the time you take to complete your post graduation.

If you do not get a good job, then better to go for higher studies.

You have plenty of courses to join in post graduation.

Various streams in M.Tech depending upon your stream in B.Tech and MBA are the good options.

B.Tech and then MBA is offering excellent careers in these days.

If you are not interested in joining higher studies, then you can apply for various jobs in public sector and private sector companies.
6th May 2011, 07:49 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

After BE, you have option for higher study and job as well...
For Job, you can apply in following PSUs:
1. NTPC
2. BHEL
3. SAIL
4. GAIL
5. IOCL
6. ONGC
7. BPCL

For higher studies:
GATE exam for mtech through IITs and IISc
GRE for MS through foreign universities
11th May 2011, 10:38 PM
Unregistered

i am soo..worried about my future.i am persuing btech 2nd yr biotechnology..jus passed away with 80%?sir..can u plzz suggest what shuld i study.further after btech..for bright future.
27th May 2011, 10:32 AM
Unregistered

Hi sir,
my question is that if i am complete my B.E. then i am aplicable for M.Tech by using gate score?
And what is basic required for admitted in nasa?
30th May 2011, 05:36 PM
Ankur agrawal

Quote:
Thankyou.

Hii,

First you decide your goal if you choose public sector thats good if you choose private sector thats also good ..

you have to appear in
GATE
DRDO
JTO
BHEL
HPSC
BEL
IES
NTPC
ISRO
IAS
IP
any many more gov. job you should try as per your eligibilty..

now talk to private sector:

you have a chance to choose your MNC's or other companies as per your knowledge or your ability.

Ankur
5th June 2011, 12:59 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Thankyou.
after btech there r many ways either to study r to do job...
my opinion to do mba r ms to increase ur qualification so that u cn earn more
12th June 2011, 09:51 PM
Unregistered

After B.tech. in Applied Electronics & instrumentation what are all the options?jobs,exams,higher studies?
14th June 2011, 01:21 AM
shekharrai

Hi dear,

So think on your options and make a smart choice. I would say go for MTech and then do the job..

Thanks
19th June 2011, 01:57 AM
Unregistered

sir i want to do mtech with gate score.but 1st time i donot get this.so shall i go for non gate admission or try for next time.is there any status dirrerence to do mtech with or without gate score?plz reply sir
3rd July 2011, 09:04 PM
Unregistered

sir my X % is 60 and XII % is 53% B.TECH EEE % is 55% ....so what i do now?shall i continue my studies ? which is the better M.TECH or MBA .which is the best for me ......actually i am poor in Electrical subjects ...please give me valuable suggestion plz....
31st July 2011, 10:45 AM
brijeshgzp123

First you decide your goal if you choose public sector thats good if you choose private sector thats also good ..

you have to appear in
GATE
DRDO
JTO
BHEL
HPSC
BEL
IES
NTPC
ISRO
IAS
IP

If you don't get any job then you can go for M.tech.. for that you have to appear in GATE exam. after clearing GATE you will get a chance to take admission in M.tech. After completion of your M.tech you can get a good job , and if you want to continue your study then you can go for Research in your field...
Else , if you have interest in business field, then after B.tech go for MBA..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?