13th June 2011, 03:01 PM
Unregistered

Is Biotechnology a good career choice?

can i prefer the bio-technology as my career. please kindly advise about my career

Related Questions:
  1. Is Biotechnology a good career choice for me?
  2. M.Sc(Biotechnology) or MBA: Better choice after B.Sc(Biotechnology)?
  3. Which courses can I opt for after completion of B.Tech in Biotechnology? Is MS associated with Biotechnology a good choice for me?
  4. Is MAPC from Indra Gandhi National Open University a good choice for career? -- [New]
  5. B.Sc(biotechnology) or B.Tech(biotechnology): better choice for a job in Biotechnology field? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Which course is best for me between M.Sc or MCA pursuing B.Sc in CS?
  7. Is it a good choice of doing Post Graduation in Newzealand having completed B.Tech in Biotechnology in India?
  8. Subjects to be taken in B.Sc to study M.Sc Biotech? Does it offer good career?
  9. Does Biotechnology has great scope? Can I choose Biotechnology as a career? Any chance for good opportunities from Biotechnology?
  10. What jobs I can get after the completion of B.Sc in Biotechnology? Which is a good choice to earn more money between M.Tech in Biotechnology and MBA in Biotechnology?
  11. How can I do BSc Biotechnology in Vidya Pratishthan College of Biotechnology, Pune? What are the career opportunities?
  12. Is St Anthony College in Shillong a good institute for doing MSc Biotechnology? Is Biotechnology or Genetic science a good career option?
  13. What are the opportunities for B.Tech(Biotechnology)? Can I opt for Biotechnology in B.Tech?
  14. Best choice after graduating in Chemistry?
  15. Which one is a better course for a good career, Biotechnology or Biochemistry?
  16. Career options available after B.Tech Biotechnology? List of good companies which provide job for freshers of B.Tech Biotechnology?
  17. Is it correct decision of choosing Biotechnology? Does this course have good scope? Where to work after completing Biotechnology?
  18. How good is Biotechnology as a career? Scope in Indian and Abroad?
13th June 2011, 11:32 PM
sourindra

Default Re: Is Biotechnology a good career choice?

Biotechnology is a good career option. You can do B.Tech in biotechnology and after that M.Tech in biotechnology.
13th June 2011, 11:44 PM
sachin6

ya,your choice is good.

Biotechnology is a growing field.

job opporunities are more.

your interest is important.

########good luck$$$$$$$$$4
13th June 2011, 11:58 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can i prefer the bio-technology as my career. please kindly advise about my career
The future of biotech is bright. In India however, it may not be very fast. This is not because it is less important in Indian conditions. It is because the teaching here is mostly theory based, whereas this subject it practical based.Most departments here are not fully equipped and teachers are not that well trained. Those teachers who partake it teaching have old background, and are not tuned to the newer techniques.The future of biotech depends on the faculty and the equipments and the adoption of innovative designs.

so you can choose as future in bio-technology.

thanks.

all the best
14th June 2011, 04:09 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
Biotechnology is definitely a good career choice provided you go for higher studies in the same,i.e. at least masters degree in biotechnology. Therefore, for candidates qualifying +2 level of examination are advised to enroll for the integrated MTech/MSc in biotechnology.
To do well in the future in this field, you must select institute which has a good infrastructure, qualified faculties and good placement record. Since most of the institute in India offering biotechnology have poor infrastructure and less qualified faculties, the passed out students of such institutes are not able to go too far.
According to experts, many foreign firms will be outsourcing their research and development jobs to India and to be part of theses jobs, you will have to be highly qualified and deserving.
15th June 2011, 08:29 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Biotechnology is a good option for those who are interested in research field. Numerous research options are there in Biotechnology. These options will be there in India and more abroad. Application of Biotechnology is also there in Food processing industries and Pharmaceutical companies. Medical field is also utilizing the applications of Biotechnology.
19th June 2011, 11:25 PM
Unregistered

I am interested in B.E biotec, will this course provide job oppurtunities soon after my B.E?
21st June 2011, 02:06 PM
Unregistered

is biotech a good carrer option
11th July 2011, 02:24 AM
Unregistered

Is b.tech or b.sc program is best to do biotech good education?
15th July 2011, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

will b.e. biotech offer job after 4 years
20th July 2011, 12:59 PM
Unregistered

wot aftr bsc biotech?doin msc or mba..which is d best?
16th August 2011, 11:06 PM
Unregistered

Does M TECH Integrated in biotechnology have any scope abroad? Please reply. I need it immediately.
29th August 2011, 10:04 PM
Unregistered

Can people earn as much as those in other other fields like Ec and comp sc,if chosen as career
11th November 2011, 11:27 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Yeah.

Biotechnology is a very good course in present scenario with ECE and CSE engineers flooding the Indian markets.

Biotechnology basically deals with the biological technologies like the machines used for performing operations, optical equipments, ENT instruments etc.

So this field is handy when you apply to big hospitals or Biomedical companies.

You need to have studied Biology as a compulsory subject in your 10+2 for this course.

All the best.

Regards
#RJ#
31st December 2011, 08:15 PM
Unregistered

In my country there's no major called biotechnology, please can anyone tell me what are the majors that lead to a biotechnology career ?
10th March 2012, 04:45 PM
Unregistered

Can anyone give me an idea of where biotechnology field is growing the most? And also, are pharmacists qualified enough to work in this field?
10th March 2012, 04:47 PM
Unregistered

Can anyone give me an idea of where biotechnology field is growing the most? And also, are pharmacists qualified enough to work in this field?
10th March 2012, 04:48 PM
ara555

9th April 2012, 08:31 PM
Unregistered

which subject do we need for biotecnology ?
19th June 2012, 05:49 PM
Unregistered

will BE in biotechnology a good career in india
19th June 2012, 07:46 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Since biotechnology is involved with research and manufacturing therefore you can try and find jobs in the following fields:- agricultural enterprise, pharmaceutical company, food and chemical industry, bio-processing.

You can also try for jobs in the following companies. They take entrance exams:-
Hindustan Anti biotics ltd, Indian Vaccine corp ltd, Bharat immunologicals, biological corporations ltd etc.
19th June 2012, 07:53 PM
padhakudkt

listen its heavenly depends on your choice and your personal interest!
by the way biotechnology is very good choice!
go on with it!
there is great scope for future!
19th June 2012, 09:39 PM
sukhattly.333
Member+

Yes, biotechnology is good choice.
Biotechnology is a growing field.
job opporunities are more.
20th June 2012, 07:51 PM
navjotsidhupamal
Senior Member++

1.yes according to my point of view,biotechnology is good field but it whole depends upon your interest and you choice.

2.by the way biotechnology is good choice and it has more scope in future.

3.job opportunities are more.
22nd July 2012, 06:18 PM
Unregistered

iam confused i dont know which course is best biotech or biomedical engineering please tell me abt this
19th November 2013, 10:39 PM
Unregistered

Is biotechnology provide me with job after 4/5 years after completing 12
12th March 2014, 03:46 AM
Unregistered

what are the job options for me after I get my associates degree in biotechnology?
29th July 2014, 06:16 PM
Unregistered

Can you earn a satisfying salary meaning living a luxurious life if you are in the field of biotechnology
24th June 2023, 05:52 PM
Nikhil202k
Banned

Biotechnology can be a promising and rewarding career choice for individuals interested in the intersection of biology and technology. Here are some points to consider when evaluating whether biotechnology is a good career option for you:

Rapidly Growing Field: Biotechnology is a rapidly expanding field with advancements in areas such as pharmaceuticals, agriculture, genetics, bioengineering, and environmental science. The demand for skilled professionals in biotechnology is expected to continue to grow as the industry evolves.

Interdisciplinary Nature: Biotechnology combines knowledge and techniques from various fields, including biology, chemistry, genetics, engineering, and computer science. It offers opportunities to work on multidisciplinary projects and collaborate with experts from different domains.

Innovation and Impact: Biotechnology has the potential to bring about significant advancements and solutions to global challenges, such as developing new drugs, improving agricultural practices, creating renewable energy sources, and addressing environmental issues. Being part of such groundbreaking work can be intellectually stimulating and socially impactful.

Diverse Career Options: Biotechnology offers a wide range of career paths. You can work in research and development, quality control, manufacturing, regulatory affairs, sales and marketing, consulting, or even entrepreneurship. The field provides opportunities in industries such as pharmaceuticals, biopharmaceuticals, healthcare, agriculture, food and beverages, environmental science, and more.

Continuous Learning and Growth: Biotechnology is an ever-evolving field, characterized by ongoing research and technological advancements. This presents opportunities for continuous learning and professional growth, as you stay updated with the latest developments and acquire new skills throughout your career.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?