15th June 2017, 12:39 AM
Unregistered

Is IGNOU graduation valid for SSC CGL?

Sir, I am not doing any part time job or have no money problem, but I am doing B.A from IGNOU. Can it create problem in SSC CGL or in document verification at the time job.

15th June 2017, 12:50 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is IGNOU graduation valid for SSC CGL?

Yes, those candidates who have successfully completed his/her graduation from IGNOU are eligible to write SSC CGL as IGNOU is approved by University Grant Commission. So it will not create any problem in the future.
15th June 2017, 02:09 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Let me tell you that IGNOU is recognized by UGC. So degree from IGNOU is valid for all type of government jobs. You will not face any type of difficulty . Therefore focus on your aim with concentration.
15th June 2017, 03:02 PM
ranu shahi

Yes, IGNOU is certified by UGC. So, you will not face any type of problem in verification of certificate during the time of your job of SSC CGL.

Eligibility criteria for SSC CGL are:-
Candidate must be a graduate with any recognized university with at least 45 percentage aggregate.
Candidate must be under age 21 to 30.
15th June 2017, 03:40 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

No, there will not be any problem if you have completed graduation from IGNOU. IGNOU is an approved and well recognized university of India and degrees and certificates of this university are valid for all kind of government and private jobs. Thanks
15th June 2017, 04:56 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

No, Graduation from IGNOU is a valid course for SSC CGL Examination. IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University) is a distance learning national university that is recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC).

As IGNOU is a recognized university, you don't need to worry about the educational qualification criteria as Graduation from this college is valid.

In general, the basic educational qualification required is Graduation or Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a RECOGNIZED UNIVERSITY.

So based on the criteria and justification that is mentioned above, I am sure that you don't need to worry about SSC CGL recruitment.
15th June 2017, 05:38 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

IGNOU refers to Indira Gandhi National Open University and as the name suggests it is a Central University and hence degree from same is applicable for any examination or job and hence for SSC CGL.

SSC CGL examination refers to Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level examination and it is held for recruitment of higher divisional clerk in various government offices.

--> The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in SSC CGL examination are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* Your age must lie within 18 years to 27 years. For few posts the maximum age limit is 28 years, 30 years to 32 years. Age relaxation is allowed for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.

For more detailed information regarding SSC CGL examination you can visit the link www.ssc.nic.in.
15th June 2017, 05:45 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

No, appearing for SSC CGL won't cause any problem if you complete your graduation from distance education institute like IGNOU. As long as the institute is recognized by UGC, you don't have to worry. The degree will be valid for all entrance examinations and jobs. IGNOU is recognized by UGC and DEC, so the degree is also valid for all government examinations and jobs without and difficulty.
15th June 2017, 08:52 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

IGNOU is a recognised university. CGL examination is conducted by SSC for recruitment of candidates in government jobs.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline and age limit to appear for examination varies with post as it varies between 18-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

So, you can appear for examination and after qualifying in stages of examination will be eligible for final selection.

For more information about examination visit at www.ssc.nic.in.
15th June 2017, 09:08 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, after completion of your degree from IGNOU you will be eligible to appear for CGL examination.

CGL is conducted every year by SSC. The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline.

There is no limitation on discipline and mode of pursuing degree.

The age limit to appear for examination is between 18-32 with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

So, you can appear in examination after bachelor degree from IGNOU. To get more information about CGL visit at www.ssc.nic.in.
15th June 2017, 09:35 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

IGNOU stands for Indira Gandhi National Open University. It is University Grants Commission and Distance Education council recognized and there will be no problem at time of document verification.

You can apply for Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level examination without any problem. You should be at least 18 years to apply for SSC CGL examination. Last date to apply for SSC CGL examination is 16th June, 2017.
15th June 2017, 09:56 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

=> IGNOU stands for Indira Gandhi National Open University.

=> The IGNOU is a distance learning national university located in Maidan Garhi, New Delhi, India.

=> Yes, IGNOU graduation is valid for SSC CGL.

=> For more information you can visit at the official website: www.ignou.ac.in/
15th June 2017, 11:14 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Yes definitely graduation from IGNOU is valid for SSC (Staff Service Commission) CGL (Combined Graduate Level) examination.
Since IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University) is a well recognized by Central Universities, hence its degree possess equal weightage to that from other recognized universities.
So after completion of your graduation from IGNOU, you can apply for SSC CGL examination.
16th June 2017, 10:30 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I am not doing any part time job or have no money problem, but I am doing B.A from IGNOU. Can it create problem in SSC CGL or in document verification at the time job.
Yes, IGNOU degree is valid for SSC CGL exam because IGNOU is recognized University.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for SSC CGL exam.

Your age should be in between 18 to 27 years.
16th June 2017, 11:38 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am happy to tell you that there must not be any kind of problem further after the completion of Graduation form IGNOU.
Candidates those who have completed their Graduation from a recognised University can definitely apply for SSC CGL. IGNOU is also a registered University.
13th November 2017, 01:32 PM
Unregistered

Is getting 45 percent for B A in philosophy from ignou university valid for higher education like M A psychology from other universities .
14th November 2017, 04:56 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

IGNOU stands for Indira Gandhi National open University. IGNOU runs by UGC under central government of India.

IGNOU is highly recognised university of India. You can apply for higher studies with IGNOU certificate .
To apply for MA you have to fill an application form and you will get admission .
4th December 2017, 05:17 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I'm very much interested in doing my degree in distance so that I can take care of my FAMILY problems.

I know that I'm eligible for all exams now
I have enough time to study for UPSC AND SSC ...

Is there any chance that govt.can cancel the degree from correspondence for govt jobs on the upcoming years.?(To reduce competion for job )

My soul aim is to become and. Ias or a SSC clg employee.

Please help me in this....
5th March 2019, 12:20 AM
Unregistered

I do BSC in acharya nagarjuna university Hyderabad with out 2 through his own entrance exam. this is UGC approved can I apply for upsc,ssc,and odisha PSC please let me Sir
18th March 2019, 01:44 AM
Maa Ka Pyar

Indira Gandhi National Open University(IGNOU) is approved by University Grant Commission(UGC).
IGNOU University provide the opportunity to the candidate who want to go for Education or Higher Education during the earning time.
It is the one of the largest distance learning providing university in India.
Therefore the degree provided by IGNOU University is valid for any competitive exam conducted by any Selection Board,Union Public Service Commission(UPSC) State Public Service Commission SSC, SSC CGL etc.
24th August 2020, 12:25 AM
Unregistered

Any university open degree is available for SSC CGL
20th September 2020, 08:46 PM
Unregistered

Is Ist year 2019-2020 exam of BA were cancelled or not
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?