20th June 2017, 05:59 PM
Unregistered

Which is better MSc biotechnology or MSc food technology?

I am BSc biotechnology student. Can I pursue MSc food technology, if yes, which is better MSc biotechnology or MSc food technology or MSc microbiology. Please answer the query.

Related Questions:
21st June 2017, 01:22 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is better MSc biotechnology or MSc food technology?

MSc biotechnology and MSc food technology both are good in their own respect and it depends upon you which field you are interested in. Both have great career prospects, so you can choose any one depending upon your interest. Choosing the field according to your interest will help you to cope up with the subjects better and also you can perform well in the examination.
21st June 2017, 02:52 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

As per my knowledge, Master of Science in Biotechnology is best course for you after B.Sc biotechnology. M.Sc. Biotechnology or Master of Science in Biotechnology is a postgraduate Biotechnology course. The duration of this course is two years.

For this course candidate must have passed graduation in Botany, Zoology, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry from a recognized university. The minimum percentage required in graduation for Master of Science in Biotechnology course is 55%.

BEST PLACE FOR M.SC BIOTECHNOLOGY COURSE

=> Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra

=> Guru Gobind Singh College, Chandigarh

=> Fakir Mohan University, Balasore

=> Ganpat University, Mehsana
21st June 2017, 03:49 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

In general, each of the courses that are mentioned below has their own scope and job opportunities in India.

>> M.Sc in Microbiology

>> M.Sc in Food Technology

>> M.Sc in Biotechnology

Although all these are good courses as far as their scope is considered, I would suggest you to go with M.Sc in Biotechnology course rather than other courses. The reason why I am suggesting you to go with M.Sc in Biotechnology course is as follows, as you are done with Biotechnology in Bachelor Degree and almost extension of the courses will be taught in Master's Degree in Biotechnology.

On the other side, yes you are eligible to pursue M.Sc in Food Technology course after successful completion of B.Sc in Biotechnology course. The minimum educational qualification required to pursue M.Sc in Food Technology course is Bachelor's Degree with any one of the following streams namely, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Botany, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Agriculture...etc.,
22nd June 2017, 03:42 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

If you have studied Biology, Physics and Chemistry/Biochemistry in your bachelor's degree and have scored 55% and above aggregate marks then you can definitely opt for M.Sc Food Technology.
Both the courses, M.Sc Biotechnology and M.Sc Food Technology are good in their own and have good opportunity in future.
However M.Sc Food Technology has an edge over M.Sc Biotechnology as Biotechnology is more of an engineering discipline course.
19th January 2018, 08:43 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my B.Sc biotechnology and now what should i choose MSc food technology or M.Sc microbiology and i want to go in industry field
8th June 2018, 02:16 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my B.Sc biotechnology and now what should i choose MSc food technology or MSc biotechnology and i want to go in industry field
24th August 2019, 05:45 PM
Unregistered

I'm a BSc (zoology) student which course is better between MSc in biotechnology and MSc in food science and technology?
23rd January 2020, 08:18 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my bsc biotechnology and now what should I choose msc chemistry and msc food technology?
12th June 2020, 07:02 PM
Unregistered

can i apply for msc biotechnology after bsc food technology
12th July 2021, 10:58 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my graduation in BSc Biotechnology, and now I am confused between Msc Biotechnology and Msd food technology.
Since I am from India I think that Food technology has more career options because we have many Big food companies here, and the food sector is very essential and always on growth.
Any suggestion related to MSC biotechnology?
28th August 2021, 03:03 AM
Unregistered

Which is better msc horticulture or msc food Technology
8th September 2022, 08:24 PM
Unregistered

I opted bsc in biotechnology and botany .... Which is the better course that I can opt after completing my bsc.... Which course has better scope in India and also abroad
8th September 2022, 08:28 PM
Unregistered

I opted Bsc. in biotechnology & botany..... Which is the best course that has better scope in India and also abroad that I can opt after completing my degree.....
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?