26th June 2010, 11:59 AM
harry27max

Which PG is better? M.Tech in applied geology, Msc petrotech. or Msc geology?

I m looking for PG in geology.
Want to know which is better M.Tech in applied geology, Msc petrotech. or Msc geology.
And wht are the job opportunities , companies n starting salary in India or Abroad.
I ve completed my Graduation in geology from fergusson college pune.
Is nagpur university is good providing M.Tech in applied geology.
can u suggest some good colleges.

26th June 2010, 05:48 PM
vidh
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which PG is better? M.Tech in applied geology, Msc petrotech. or Msc geology?

friend you must go to MSC in petrotech, as its growing day by day with better scopes not only in India but also in abroad
u may get jobs in URGENT KUWAIT OIL COMPANY JOBS
PIONEER PETROTECH SERVICES,
GLOBAL PETROTECH FZCO,
PETROTECH HAULING INC.
GOOD LUCK
27th June 2010, 10:00 AM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Which PG is better? M.Tech in applied geology, Msc petrotech. or Msc geology?

hello griend,

Both M.Sc petrotech and M.Tech in applied geology have very good future aspects.

But I think you should opt for M.Tech in applied geology, as it is covering the geology field and as well as the petro-chemical field.

For pursuing M.tech in applied geology, there is only one institute which is IIT, Kharagpur. You must have a valid GATE score to get admitted in this course.

Various job opportunities in India and abroad as Geologists, Meteorologists, Geographers or Oceanographers.

Also Jobs in the area of Petrology, Paleontology, Geophysics, Mining, Environmental Education, etc.

Job opportunities in Government Sector like Central Ground Water Board and the Geological Survey of India, Coal India, Oil & Natural Gas Corporation, Mineral Exploration Authority, Hindustan Zinc, etc.

Now it is your choice what way to go!

All the best!
28th June 2010, 06:03 PM
SJ.18
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry27max View Post
I m looking for PG in geology.
Want to know which is better M.Tech in applied geology, Msc petrotech. or Msc geology.
And wht are the job opportunities , companies n starting salary in India or Abroad.
I ve completed my Graduation in geology from fergusson college pune.
Is nagpur university is good providing M.Tech in applied geology.
can u suggest some good colleges.
Hi
According to current demanding market you must choose M.Tech in applied geology
Scope are good in future for this course.
Yeah you can try in Nagpur university for M.techin applied geology.
After having some exprience you may get good salary .
good luck
3rd July 2010, 02:56 AM
Unregistered

Hi
I've completed my graduation in geology with biological sciences as subsidiary subjects?
Pls. suggest me which course to persue for PG?
Msc geology from Delhi University OR M.Tech in geology from Sagar university?
8th July 2010, 03:12 PM
Unregistered

is be ece eligible for m.tech applied geology
8th July 2010, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

hi i have completed my be electronics and communication engineering is this eligible for m.tech geology
9th July 2010, 10:31 PM
Unregistered

what would be difference in M.Tech in applied geology and M.Sc in geology?
15th July 2010, 06:18 PM
9A2M00
Senior Member+

m.tech is far more better as because there are near about 1432 seats in india,starting from punjab university to srm ,
so,you can join them
7th September 2010, 12:08 PM
Unregistered

Which stream is better applied Geology or applied Geophysics
16th September 2010, 12:40 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

I would suggest you to chose the one which interests you. Since you are goind MTech in it and interest level is very immportant in order to be successful in it. So first check your interest level for the subject

If you feel that you like this subject then you should definately go forward with it.

Rest all the courses are good it just depends on your choice
16th September 2010, 12:53 AM
August
Senior Member+

dear friend

it depends on you which course you will choose. don't be confused on selection of your career.

all the courses like that you have mentioned the is

GEOLOGY

PETROTECH

all are having a high demand in future.

so you can go for any course that you want.

all the best.
16th September 2010, 01:22 AM
Saikiran M

Smile M.Tech in applied geology holds good in india as it is the most emerging one

Sir,

You are at your best now. Geology is one of the finest subjects in the world to learn.

If you are planning to study in India, Then you may opt for M.Tech Applied Geology.
You do not at all need to worry about the salary packages for the geology engineers.

The basic salaries in Govt of India start from 40k and raise according to
seniority, performance and promotions. At Abroad, not all countries offer
jobs for foriegn geolists but the most that offer, provide a salary package
of around 1L+

Decide accordingly.

Best Regards,
MASK
16th September 2010, 01:52 PM
Unregistered

Hello Sir / Madam
I want to know any M.tech. distance course in geology subject in india.
Manish
16th September 2010, 06:44 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Both MTech in applied geology and Msc in petrotech are good courses and you can expect bright careers in these fields. The Msc programmes generally covers the theoretical parts and Msc courses covers the practical parts such as exploration of petroleum, ground water, metal and non-metallic minerals. You can look for opportunities in oil, mining, remote sensing or mining sector. IIT, Kharagpur gives course on this. The starting salary would range approximately from 3-6 lakhs.
16th September 2010, 07:06 PM
Mathur.

Well I think M.Tech is better option as there is good scope in this and good placements.
It depends on your interest also.
25th October 2010, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

please tell me the processor of m.tech in applied geology and which university is best for m.tech
15th November 2010, 01:21 PM
megha ram singh

Smile Re: Which PG is better? M.Tech in applied geology, Msc petrotech. or Msc geology?

Look.. both the M.Sc and M.Tech are good as this is the growing field
so.. i think you shuold go for M.Tech. it is a better option
you can join in the field of geology,meteorology, minning, you can join as a teacher also.
7th January 2011, 02:12 PM
Unregistered

i rily want to knw which is better among M.Sc in geology,M.Sc in geophysics,M.tech in Geology and ,M.Tech in Geophysics...
I'm doing Int Mtech in Geophysical Tech in IIT Roorkee...What about it's Future???
9th January 2011, 10:59 PM
Unregistered

sir i will complete b.sc(hons) in geology in april 2011 from b.hu i want to know shall i go or m.sc(tech) from bhu or pure m.sc from delhi university.
thank you
10th January 2011, 03:06 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my Btech in Computer engg & have been working in the renowned IT firm for nearly 4 years.But my interst is always in Geology.Can anyone suggest whtr it is possible to apply for Mtech in Applied Geology & if so then in which sub I need to give the GATE exam?
10th January 2011, 05:31 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

dear friend
you must go to MSC in petrotech, as its growing day by day with better scopes not only in India but also in abroad
GLOBAL PETROTECH FZCO. thank you
13th January 2011, 09:46 AM
Unregistered

I hav completed B.sc (hons.) from geology. Now , i am confuse what to do after b.sc completion for better job opportunities?
13th January 2011, 11:33 PM
rihhu
Member+

hi i would suggest you to go for m.tech in applied geology
and you may get a nice job
and try in nagpur there you can find some good college

all the best
this is my opinion but you can see yourself also
good luck
15th January 2011, 10:22 PM
vikul

Thumbs up Re: Which PG is better? M.Tech in applied geology, Msc petrotech. or Msc geology?

Dear friend
according to me you should opt for Mtech in applied geology

GOOD LUCK
16th January 2011, 08:32 PM
Unregistered

hi
i m student of bsc in geology i just wanted 2 know will i be applicable for m.tech in applied geology or just msc geology
thank u
6th March 2011, 10:12 AM
Unregistered

which pg is best Msc.in geology or Msc.in chemistry?i've done my graduation with chemistry,geology and zoology.
6th March 2011, 11:35 AM
Unregistered

i m persuing graduation in chemistry,geology and zoology.so, which will be better for pg,Msc in chemistry or geology?
18th March 2011, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

which college's are better for Msc petrotech ?????
30th March 2011, 11:05 AM
Unregistered

Respected Sir/Mam,
I am doing my final year M.Sc.,Geosciences(five yr integrated)course in Bharathidasan University,Trichy,Tamilnadu.I wish to do my post P.G that is M.Tech in GIS applications in the same university as they are offering a chance for the integrated students for the lateral entry(1 yr M.Tech)because we have already covered the 1 st year M.Tech syllabus during this 5 yrs..........Many saying that lateral entry students do not have wide scope when compared to 2 years M.Tech students.Whts ur opinion shall i stick into this couse?do this course will b valid in future?do this courrse have wide scope?i need a immediate reply.please reply me as early as possible.

regards,
Abirami S.R.
8th May 2011, 04:52 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which college is better for M.Tech in applied geology, Msc petrotech. or Msc geology?

i want to do m.tech or mscpetrotech.
5th June 2011, 08:06 PM
Unregistered

I think....m-tech applied haz_A bttr scope dn
22nd June 2011, 05:08 PM
Unregistered

I have done M.Sc. in geology.Presently I am working as a geologist in Hydro and want to be in oil and gas company what should I do.
12th July 2011, 08:45 PM
Unregistered

I am doing BSc(honours) in geology. After completing it, which course will best--MSc in applied Geology, MSctech in geology , Mtech in Petroleum Geology or MSc tech in Geophysics?
15th July 2011, 12:21 AM
CHAUDHARY79

hi dear,

thanks
21st July 2011, 09:30 AM
Unregistered

I am doing Msc in chemistry. Please suggest me name of colleges which are offering M.Tech. in applied chemistry.
21st July 2011, 10:04 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi
I've completed my graduation in geology with biological sciences as subsidiary subjects?
Pls. suggest me which course to persue for PG?
Msc geology from Delhi University OR M.Tech in geology from Sagar university?
M.Tech (Applied Geology) from Dr. Hari Singh Gour Central University, Sagar; will be better PG course for you. The department of Applied Geology in this University is well known for field study in India.
26th July 2011, 11:32 PM
Unregistered

hey!
i m a m.sc 3rd sem. student of geology. after PG what should i do? m.tech in applied geology or ph.d ? pls suggest sme good college in india nd their admision procedures?
8th August 2011, 01:16 PM
Unregistered

i am doing my b.e (geo informatics) in ceg,annauniversity..is it possible for me to do m.s in geology...can u suggest how should i prepare for gate exam...???
27th August 2011, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my M.sc petro tech from pune (nowrossjee wadia college).I just wanted to know what are the job prospectives for girls in india. plz suggest name of the company where I can apply being a fresher.
13th September 2011, 02:29 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my Bsc biotech chemistry computer applications as main subjects in graduation , am i eligible for MSC geology ??
14th September 2011, 05:06 PM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

Dear,
Which PG is better? M.Tech in applied geology, Msc petrotech. or ... I m looking for PG in geology. Want to know which is better M.Tech in ...
Thanks,
21st October 2011, 09:11 PM
Unregistered

is Msc geology had good future?
3rd November 2011, 12:36 AM
Unregistered

Please provide top collage and uni. List of pg courses in geology.
3rd November 2011, 10:23 PM
ch.manoj
Senior Member+

hi dear,

good luck
12th November 2011, 09:26 AM
rudramishra

M.Sc petrotech and M.Tech in applied geology have very good future aspects.

But I think you should opt for M.Tech in applied geology, as it is covering the geology field and as well as the petro-chemical field.

For pursuing M.tech in applied geology, there is only one institute which is IIT, Kharagpur. You must have a valid GATE score to get admitted in this course.

Various job opportunities in India and abroad as Geologists, Meteorologists, Geographers or Oceanographers.

Also Jobs in the area of Petrology, Paleontology, Geophysics, Mining, Environmental Education, etc.

Job opportunities in Government Sector like Central Ground Water Board and the Geological Survey of India, Coal India, Oil & Natural Gas Corporation, Mineral Exploration Authority, Hindustan Zinc, etc.
12th November 2011, 09:31 AM
rudramishra

vey good choice
MSC in petrotech, as its growing day by day with better scopes not only in India but also in abroad
GLOBAL PETROTECH FZCO. thank you
17th December 2011, 03:16 PM
Unregistered

sir, i completed gernal b.sc and now want to do m.sc geology?
20th December 2011, 01:32 PM
Unregistered

wat is the scope in doing integrated m.tech from any college in geophysics?
3rd January 2012, 01:54 PM
Unregistered

sir i m reading in m.sc in geology in cotton college,guwahati,which is best for me in m-tech in geology,or m-tech in oil and gas?which university is best for me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?