14th November 2017, 12:53 AM
Unregistered

Can I do open schooling for 12th to be eligible for CPT exam?

Sir/Mam, I am planning to do open schooling for 12th. I am interested in this as I could take CPT classes side by side while doing open schooling. I am planning to become a CA. Is it good to do 12th in a school or by open schooling? Can you please answer me? Thanks!

15th November 2017, 09:56 AM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do open schooling for 12th to be eligible for CPT exam?

CPT is Common Proficiency Test.

Let me tell you some information about CPT:

CPT is an objective exam for admission in Chartered Accountancy course. This is also considered as first stage of CA course. Students after 10+2 are eligible to apply for this course

Open schooling students can apply for CPT exam. To clear CPT exam, you should study subjects like Economics, aptitude, Mercantile law and accountancy.
15th November 2017, 03:52 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

CPT stands for Common Proficiency Test and same is the stage one of three stage CA ( Chartered Accountancy ) course for which the minimum educational qualification required is a higher secondary school degree in any discipline with at least 50% marks from a recognized board of education.

Now as far as you are concerned about your eligibility for CPT if you pursue your Class 12th in open schooling mode then I would like to let you know that you will be eligible provided your open board of education is recognized by ICAI.

For your help I would like to advice you that you should go for the option of NIOS ( National Institute of Open Schooling ) board for pursuing your Class 12th as NIOS board is a national board of education and hence there will be no question about your validity of degree for any examination or further studies.

For details regarding admission procedure and academics concerning to NIOS you can refer to it's official link www.nios.ac.in .
15th November 2017, 04:58 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam, I am planning to do open schooling for 12th. I am interested in this as I could take CPT classes side by side while doing open schooling. I am planning to become a CA. Is it good to do 12th in a school or by open schooling? Can you please answer me? Thanks!

Yes, you can do Class XII through National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) to be eligible for CA CPT registration. Those students who have passed 10+2 examination from a recognized board are eligible for the CA CPT examination. The National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) Class XII students are also eligible to appear for the CA CPT examinations. If you want to study the course in any other open schooling, you have to check the ICAI institute web page for the eligibility. The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) is conducting the CA course and examinations. The ICAI website link is given Click Here
15th November 2017, 05:12 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, of course this is recognised board and you are eligible for applying any entrance test after it.

This is equivalent to other board.

Millions of students are connected with this board.

So you are eligible for CPT exam after 12th from NIOS board.
15th November 2017, 05:26 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

CPT stands for Common Proficiency test. Institute of Chartered Accountants of India conducts CPT twice every year for enrolment of candidates in Chartered Accountancy course.

Candidates from open schooling are eligible for CPT exam of Chartered Accountancy. After passing 10+2 from this board, you will become eligible to appear for this test. You need to score 50% aggregate and minimum of 30% marks in each paper to clear this test.
15th November 2017, 06:08 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Common Proficiency Test is an exam for getting admission in Chartered Accountancy. The eligibility criteria is:

*Only 10+2 passed students can apply for this test. Students are eligible to register for CPT after tenth board exams.

*Open Schooling candidates are also eligible.

Important subjects for CPT exam:

Economics.

Aptitude.

Mercantile law.

Accountancy.
15th November 2017, 06:11 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The acronym CPT stands for Common Proficiency test.

The eligibility criteria for this test:

Academic qualification: Minimum academic qualification of 10+2 from any board which is recognized. After doing open schooling in senior secondary board exam, you can apply for CPT exam.

Institute of Chartered Accountants of India conduct CPT exam twice every year.
17th November 2017, 01:19 PM
Onlyforme

Yes, of course this is also a recognised board so you will be eligible to apply for entrance test.
CPT ( Common Proficiency Test ) it is organised for Chartered Accountants in India.
12th September 2021, 06:43 PM
Unregistered

I passed 12th from nois.... ND percentage is 55% can I eligible for CA course please answer %uD83D%uDE43
12th September 2021, 06:45 PM
Unregistered

I did 12th from nios ND my percentage 55%.. Can I eligible for CA course please answer me %uD83D%uDE43
12th September 2021, 06:47 PM
Unregistered

I did 12th from nios ND my percentage is 55%.... Can I eligible for CA course please answer me....... Thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?