18th November 2017, 05:25 PM
Unregistered

Can I do hotel management after completing diploma in civil engineering?

I have completed my diploma in civil so I want to do hotel management. How Should I continue with that course? What is the process to do ?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to do Hotel Management after diploma in automobile engineering?
  2. Am I eligible to study Bachelor of Hotel Management course after completing Civil Engineering Diploma course?
  3. How to join in any hotel management course after completing diploma in civil engineering after 10th
  4. Brief introduction about Hotel Management course? Minimum percentage required in Diploma in Civil Engineering to apply for Hotel Management course?
  5. Can I do hotel management after diploma in computer engineering?
  6. Can I pursue Hotel Management course after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering? What is the total fee of Hotel Management course?
  7. Is it possible to do post graduation in Hotel Management after completing Electrical Engineering?
  8. How to join a good hotel management course? I have completed Civil Engineering after passing 10th
  9. What course I have to take after passing 10th class?
  10. Can I study Bachelor of Hotel Management if completed Civil Engineering Diploma course on 10th basis?
  11. Will I get better placement after completing Diploma in Hotel Management? Is it worth to study B.Sc/Diploma in Hotel Management?
  12. Can I go for hotel management after diploma in electrical field?
  13. Am I eligible to pursue B.Sc in Hotel Management after completing Diploma in ECE?
  14. How can I study Diploma in Hotel Management after completing 10th standard? Percentage required in 10th to do this course?
  15. How to do B.Ed in Hotel Management? I have done ITI diploma in hotel management
  16. Which course should I do in order to have a good job and high post in Hospitality sector?
  17. Opportunities in Hotel Industry for Diploma in Hotel Management student?
  18. Which one is good, diploma in Civil or Computer or Hotel management? -- [New]
18th November 2017, 06:13 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do hotel management after completing diploma in civil engineering?

For doing Hotel Management, you can do anyone of the following courses:
Bachelors in Hotel management
Duration: 4 years

BBA in Hotel management
Duration: 3 years

Bachelors of Science in Hotel Management

B.A in Hotel Management

However, for pursuing Bachelor courses you must have completed 12th standard. As you have completed Diploma in Civil Engineering, so you might not have completed 12th standard. In this case, you can pursue Diploma courses in Hotel Management.

Diploma in Hotel management

Certified course in hotel and catering management
Duration: 9 to 12 months
18th November 2017, 06:13 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do hotel management after completing diploma in civil engineering?

Eligibility criteria to pursue hotel management course after diploma in civil engineering:

Aspirants must have completed diploma course with minimum of 50% marks and relaxation of 5% is given to reserved category students.

Minimum age not be less than 17 and maximum should not be more than 22.

These are the courses in hotel management which you can join after Civil Engineering Diploma:

Diploma in hotel management

Diploma in Hotel Management and Catering Technology

Bachelor of Hotel Management

Bachelor of arts in hotel management

Master of Science in hotel management Catering and Tourism
18th November 2017, 06:20 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely you are eligible to pursue BSc in hotel management after completing your diploma in civil engineering.
Some of the reputed institutes conduct entrance exam in order to give admission to the eligible candidates.
Personally I would like to suggest you to go for Bachelor of Technology through lateral entry because it would be beneficial for you and you will have far more better future.
But if you are interested in doing hotel management course then definitely can go for that also.
18th November 2017, 06:31 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for the Hotel Management course after diploma:-

Eligibility Criteria:-

Candidate must have at least 40% in 10th or 12th for applying in diploma course.

Age limit:-

The minimum age limit is 17 years and maximum is limit is 25 years old.

For Bachelor Degree:-

Candidate must have at least 50% in 12th standard .

Maximum age limit is 22 years.

For Master Degree:-

Candidate must have at least 45% in Bachelor's Degree or relevant diploma courses.

There is no maximum age limit.

Now, you are eligible to study hotel management course. It depends on your 10th or 12th qualification.

Good colleges for doing hotel management course in India:-

Dr. Ambedkar Institute of Hotel Management, Chandigarh

Institute of Hotel Management, Goa

Institute of Hotel Management, Delhi

Institute Hotel Management , Mumbai.
18th November 2017, 08:11 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Ye you can definitely do hotel management after diploma in Civil Engineering. The minimum qualification for admission in the diploma and bachelors program of hotel managemet is 12th or its equivalent.

Additional Information about hotel Management.

1. The total duration of certificate course is between six to 12 months.
2. Duration of Diploma and Bachelors degree of hotel managment is between one and half years to a maximum three years.

However, my personal advice for you is to continue with your own specialization, take admission to the B.tech program through Lateral Entry or you can go for a job and get B.Tech Degree via distance medium through IEI you can know more about it here
18th November 2017, 08:41 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can do Hotel Management after diploma in Civil Engineering.

There are many courses under Hotel Management.

Diploma in Hotel Management

Bachelor of Hotel Management

Bachelor of Science in Hotel Management

Diploma in Hotel Management and Catering Technology

Master of Business Administration in Hotel Management

Master of Science in Hotel Management Catering and Tourism.

Eligibility Criteria:-

Candidate must have at least 40% in 10th or 12th for applying in diploma course.

Candidate not less than 17 years or more than 22 years old.

Now, you are eligible to do Hotel Management course. It depends on your 10th or 12th qualification.
18th November 2017, 11:54 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

Yes sure you can go for Hotel Management course after completing diploma in civil engineering. Hotel management is not a degree course thus you can get certificate from institution. If you choose this field then you can only work in this field and the job is private.

You also have option to join B.Tech course after diploma using LEET entry scheme. Using this scheme you will get admission to 2nd year directly and after completion of course you will get a degree of engineering. This step will be more beneficial for you in all aspects.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?