25th December 2017, 04:45 PM
Unregistered

If someone completes M.Sc MLT, then is he eligible to Ph.D in microbiology?

If someone completes M.Sc MLT, then is he eligible to Ph.D in microbiology in any medical college of India or not? Can you please, do let me know.

Related Questions:
  1. Which course is preferred after completing B.Sc in MLT, either M.Sc(medical microbiology), M.Sc(clinical microbiology), M.Sc(microbiology)? List of universities offers these courses?
  2. How to do MSc after completing BSc MLT?
  3. Which course should I take in MSc Medical Microbiology, MSc Clinical Microbiology and MSc Microbiology? Difference between the three?
  4. What is the salary for MSc Microbiology or Ph.D Microbiology? What are the different career options after MSc or Ph.D in Microbiology?
  5. After completing BSc MLT with 63% from Janardhan Rai Nagar Vidyapeeth Deemed University can I do MSc Medical Microbiology/Clinical Microbiology?
  6. Which is best course to choose between MBA and M.Sc Microbiology?
  7. Which course should I opt between MSc in Clinical Microbiology and MSc in Medical Microbiology after completing BSc MLT
  8. Are BSc MLT Candidates eligible to apply for MSc Microbiology?
  9. How to do Ph.D in Microbiology after completing MSc Microbiology?
  10. Can a M.Sc in MLT and M.Phil in Microbiology get admission in PhD Medical Microbiology?
  11. List of colleges offering Phd course after doing MSc Microbiology?
  12. How to do MSc microbiology or Pathology after completing BSc MLT in Warangal
  13. Will I be able to get GATE stipend for the second year of my PG course?
  14. Colleges for doing Integrated phd in microbiology or MSc medical microbiology along with Phd? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. What is next step to work in laboratory department after completing BSc. Microbiology
  16. List of universities which offer Integrated PhD(Microbiology) course for B.Sc(MLT) graduate?
  17. How to study BSc MLT and MSc MLT in Dharwad University?
  18. Eligibility to study PhD(Microbiology) for Botany postgraduate? -- [New]
26th December 2017, 01:06 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: If someone completes M.Sc MLT, then is he eligible to Ph.D in microbiology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If someone completes M.Sc MLT, then is he eligible to Ph.D in microbiology in any medical college of India or not? Can you please, do let me know.

Sorry, MSc Medical Lab Technology (MLT) candidates are not eligible to do a PhD in Microbiology. Candidates who have passed MTech/MSc in Microbiology or Biotechnology or Botany or Zoology or Life Science or Pharmacy with at least 55% marks are eligible to apply for the PhD in Microbiology. Candidates are admitted to the PhD in Microbiology through a Research Entrance Test and Interview conducted by the university. Therefore, candidates with MSc MLT course are not eligible to pursue PhD in Microbiology course. PhD in Microbiology program is available in various universities in India.
26th December 2017, 07:12 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: If someone completes M.Sc MLT, then is he eligible to Ph.D in microbiology?

In order to be eligible for PhD Microbiology, you must have completed masters degree in the relevant discipline with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognized university. Since, you have completed M.Sc in MLT (Medical Lab Technology), so you are eligible to do PhD in the relevant discipline but not in Microbiology.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?