24th January 2018, 08:46 PM
Unregistered

What qualification is required and entrance exams needs to be taken in order to become a District Collector?

I have passed out my Bachelor of Engineering and I want to become a District Collector. What should I do now to qualify and be eligible to become a District Collector? What all entrance exam do I need to appear for it?

Related Questions:
27th January 2018, 11:49 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What qualification is required and entrance exams needs to be taken in order to become a District Collector?

If, you want to become District Collector then, you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service Examination.

Civil Service Examination is conducted by UPSC. The examination is conducted by UPSC in three stages.

The eligibility to appear for entrance examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline.

The age limit is 21-32 years. So, you just need to prepare for entrance examination as according to syllabus of examination.

For more details about examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in.
28th January 2018, 03:31 PM
Ramabai L

Default Re: What qualification is required and entrance exams needs to be taken in order to become a District Collector?

Candidates who aspire to become an IAS officer wants to finish their degree in any disciplined University or College.
There is no any required percentage in Graduation.
Candidates wants to apply for the Civil Service exam which is conducted by UPSC.
Age limit to the general category is 21-32, for OBC age relaxation is 3 years and to the SC/ST categiory5 years relaxation is given.
IAS entrance exam is CSAT , candidate who is qualifying in this test will allowed to the next level.
After CSAT, candidate should give the Main exam and want to qualify in this.
Final is an Interview.

UPSC will announce the IAS exam syllabus, civil service exam will conduct every year once. Candidates want to prepare their syllabus.
28th January 2018, 04:05 PM
viww

Cool you want to became a district collector , but to get over there you need to crack civil service examination,

Common Service Examination is led by UPSC. The examination is led by UPSC in three phases.

The qualification to appear for the UPSC or another examination under UPSC related to this is that competitor probably passed graduation with any technical university.

Age limit is 21-32 years
Check out there official websie for further information related to civil service examination

credits - https://jobsuno.com

Last edited by viww; 20th May 2018 at 03:24 PM. Reason: information credits
28th January 2018, 08:42 PM
MNB1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have passed out my Bachelor of Engineering and I want to become a District Collector. What should I do now to qualify and be eligible to become a District Collector? What all entrance exam do I need to appear for it?
To become a district collector you have to appear in the IAS exams you have to apply for the UPSC civil services exams.
This exams is conducted for selection of posts like IAS, IPS, IFS etc

This exam is conducted in three stages:
Prelims
Mains
Interviews

Educational Qualifications to appear in this exams:Graduation pass in any stream from an recognised University

Age Limit:Minimum 21 years for all candidates
Maximum age is 32 years for General category candidates
3 years age relation for OBC candidates
5 years for SC/ST candidates

Number of attempts:
6 attempts for general candidates
9 attempts for OBC candidates
No restriction for SC/ST candidates
Next UPSC Civil Services Prelims exams notification would be released by UPSC 7th February 2018.
Last date to apply is 6th march 2018.
UPSC prelims exams is on 3rd June 2018.
29th January 2018, 08:49 PM
Akshaya Ramesh

You should write the civil service exam and become a first rank holder in IAS exam.For that you should practice in every time and do not waste time.
1st February 2018, 09:36 PM
Vikasjhacds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After passing graduation degree engineering you can become district collector.

For becoming district collector you have two options:-
Union Public Service Commission

State civil services exam.

For above board exam age limit is 21 to 30 years.
5 year relaxation for OBC category candidate and 7 year age relaxation for ST SC.

Exam pattern is same for both the exam.
Both the exam is conducted for group A and B post.

Both state and union civil services exam comprise of three stages Prelims exam, mains exam, interview.

For a State Public Service Commission exam you have to show domicile of that state in which you are applying.

For more detail log onto UPSC website
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?