12th April 2018, 05:15 AM
Zafariqbal951

Possibility to study BTech(Civil Engineering) for ECE Diploma student?

Respected Sir, I am studying Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering. I want to do BTech after my Diploma course but not in ECE stream. I want to do BTech in Civil Engineering. So, is it possible?

14th April 2018, 08:52 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study BTech(Civil Engineering) for ECE Diploma student?

No, it is not possible to study B.Tech (Civil Engineering) course after completion of your Diploma in ECE course. To be eligible to study B.Tech (Civil Engineering) course, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with PCM stream or three years Diploma in Civil Engineering course from a Government recognised board/ institute. So, being a Diploma holder in Civil Engineering, you are eligible to get direct second year admission in B.Tech ECE course and you are not eligible to pursue B.Tech Civil Engineering course.
14th April 2018, 05:05 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study BTech(Civil Engineering) for ECE Diploma student?

No, you are not eligible to change the stream in B.Tech course if you want to get admission through lateral entry.

Candidates are eligible to get admission in the B.Tech course through lateral entry only in the stream in which they have passed diploma course.

If you want to change the stream you have to take admission on the basis of 12th qualification. For admission on 12th qualification required eligibility is that candidate must have passed 12th in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
15th April 2018, 09:15 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

1. You can pursue Bachelor of Technology after Diploma in Electronics and Communication. The entrance examination for this course is Lateral Entry Entrance Test. LEET is conducted by state Technical University.

2. Diploma candidates with 60% marks or more can apply for LEET exam to get admission in second year of engineering directly.

Diploma candidates are also eligible for JEE exam for admission in IITs.
15th April 2018, 10:11 AM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

=> B.Tech. Civil Engineering or Bachelor of Technology in Civil Engineering is an undergraduate Civil Engineering course.

=> The duration of this course is four years after 12th and three years after Diploma course.

=> As per my knowledge, you are not eligible to study B.Tech(Civil Engineering) after ECE Diploma student.

=>My suggestion to you is that you can go for B.Tech ECE course after completing Diploma in ECE.
15th April 2018, 11:32 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

LEET ( Lateral Entry Entrance Test ) is conducted for admission in B.Tech or B.E courses in 2nd year for diploma candidates.

Candidates are not eligible to change their stream after diploma course in B.Tech.

So, you are eligible to get admission in B.Tech course in ECE stream not in Civil Engineering through lateral entry.
15th April 2018, 12:24 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

LEET stands for Lateral Entry Entrance Test. It is an entrance exam for diploma candidates to get admission in second year of engineering directly. It is conducted by State Technical University.

Candidates who have done diploma from a recognized board can apply for this exam. The minimum of percentage of marks required in diploma to apply for exam is 60%. Yes, ECE diploma candidates can opt Civil Engineering at bachelor's degree level.
15th April 2018, 02:04 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

Students who have done diploma in Electronics and Communication engineering can study Bachelor of Technology.

Entrance exam: Lateral Entry Entrance Test.

Minimum of 60% marks in diploma is required to apply for this exam.

Your diploma institute must be recognized by AICTE.

You can get direct admission in second year of engineering.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?