13th April 2018, 06:45 AM
Ansh Rastogi

Can I become a Chartered Accountant being a Humanities student?

Sir, I am a student of Humanities studying in 12th standard. I want to become a Chartered Accountant. So, I have a little query on it that I can become a CA as I am a student of Humanities?

15th April 2018, 02:26 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become a Chartered Accountant being a Humanities student?

Yes, you can become Chartered Accountant being a Humanities student. Arts stream candidate will have to put an extra effort to study commerce stream related subjects like accountancy, economics etc. If you are ready to study these subjects then you can apply for Common Proficiency test.

CPT is an entry level test of Chartered Accountancy course. You can clear this exam with ease if you focus on accountancy, economics, mercantile law and aptitude. CPT is conducted by ICAI twice every year.
15th April 2018, 03:38 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Chartered Accountancy course has three stages:

1. Common Proficiency test.

2. IPCC which stands for Integrated Professional competence course.

3. Final course.

Humanities stream student can apply for CPT which is first stage of CA course. You should clear this exam by preparing subjects like accountancy, aptitude, economics etc. You should score minimum of 30% marks in each section and aggregate of 50%.
18th April 2018, 08:39 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that to be a Chartered Accountant you need to complete Chartered Accountancy course.

Further, the whole chartered accountancy course is divided into three stages which includes the foundation course, the IPCC ( Integrated Professional Competence Course ) and the final stage course.

As far as you are concerned about your eligibility for pursuing CA course being a humanities stream student then I would like to let you know that you are certainly eligible as the minimum education for pursuing CA course starting from its foundation course is a higher secondary school degree in any discipline from a recognized board of education. Further, to pursue the foundation course in CA you need to qualify CPT ( Common Proficiency Test ) held by ICAI.

For more details regarding CA course you can refer to the link www.icai.org.
26th May 2020, 11:23 AM
Unregistered

I am in 10th class and I wants to take humanities and as well as i want to become chartered accountant so is there coaching classes to do commerce course?
28th May 2020, 07:47 PM
Yadav ragini

Yes, you can become chartered accountant being a humanities students.
Arts stream candidates will have to put an extra effort to study commerce stream related subjects like accountancy, economics , etc
24th June 2021, 03:43 PM
Unregistered

Can I become a Chartered Accountant being a Humanities student?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?