19th April 2018, 08:21 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do MBBS after completion of B.Sc in Nursing?

I have successfully completed my graduation in B.Sc Nursing. Now, I'm planing to do MBBS but, I'm unsure whether I'm eligible or not. So, please tell me about the eligibility criteria and entrance exams which I need to attempt after B.Sc Nursing.

26th April 2018, 11:36 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to do MBBS after completion of B.Sc in Nursing?

The acronym MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery.

Examination conducted for admission is NEET exam.

Eligibility criteria:

Academic qualification: 12th from a recognized board with PCB subjects.

Minimum of 50% marks required.

The age limit is 17-25 years.

You can apply for MBBS after B.Sc Nursing if you meet above requirement.
27th April 2018, 10:20 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

MBBS refers to Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery and as the name suggests same is a professional bachelor degree course of five and a half year ( including an year of internship ) after completing which a candidate heads towards becoming a doctor.

The minimum education required for pursuing MBBS degree course is a higher secondary school degree with Physics, Biology and Chemistry as main subjects with at least 50% ( or 40% marks in case of reserved category candidates ) from a recognized board of education.

So, as far as you are concerned about your eligibility for MBBS degree course being a B.Sc. in Nursuing degree holder then I would like to let you know that you are eligible if you hold the basic qualification required for pursuing MBBS degree course which you certainly satisfy as the basic qualification required for B.Sc. in Nursuing degree is same as that for MBBS degree.

Further, for pursuing MBBS degree course from any government or private medical colleges in India you need to qualify entrance examinations like NEET, JIPMER MBBS entrance examination or AIIMS MBBS entrance examination.
27th April 2018, 05:00 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to do MBBS after completion of B.Sc Nursing. Following is the basic criteria for MBBS:

You must have passed your 12th from recognized university or institute with Physics, Chemistry and Biology.

General and OBC categories candidates must have passed with above 50% marks and SC/ST student must have passed with 40% marks in +2.

Minimum age limit is 17 years and maximum age limit is 25 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?