20th April 2018, 10:03 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study BSc(Geography) for 12th Humanities candidate?

Hi, I am a Humanities student. I have completed my 12th. I am interested in BSc in Geography course. I had Geography in my 12th standard. So, I can eligible to study this BSc?

30th April 2018, 10:36 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study BSc(Geography) for 12th Humanities candidate?

Eligibility Criteria Required to pursue B.Sc in Geography:

Yes, you are certainly eligible to pursue this B.Sc in Geography course after successful completion of 12th Class in Humanities stream. The basic educational qualification required to pursue this course is as follows.

>> Candidates must have completed their 12th Class in 10+2 pattern in any discipline from a recognized university.

>> As any discipline in 12th class is accepted, you are also eligible to pursue this course.

>> Colleges that are offering this B.Sc in Geography course are,

@ Presidency College, Chennai
@ Madras Christian College, Chennai
@ Loreto College, Kolkata
@ Jadavpur University, Kolkata
@ Queen Mary's College, Chennai..etc.,

>> Generally admission is done based on merit in 12th class and there are some institutes that offer this course based on the merit marks secured in an entrance examination that is conducted by the concerned university/ college.
30th April 2018, 11:48 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in Bachelor of Science in Geography course. It is three year undergraduate course.

The required qualification to get admission in the course is that candidate must have passed 12th in any discipline.

The admission is conducted on the basis of entrance examination or on the basis of merit score.

So, for detail information about the admission visit the official website of college or university in which you want to get admission.
30th April 2018, 01:24 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility to get admission in geography honors course is that candidate must have passed 12th in any stream.

So, you are eligible to appear for examination or to get admission on the merit basis after 12th in humanities stream.

Universities offering the course is :

Delhi University.

B.R. Ambedkar Bihar University.

Patna University.

BHU.
30th April 2018, 04:21 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

There is no specific required stream to pursue bachelor degree in geography course.

To get the admission in the course is that candidate must have passed 12th in any stream.

Admission is conducted on the basis of entrance test.

In some universities such as Delhi University admission is on the basis of aggregate in best four subject.

For any other institutes visit official website to get detail for admission.
30th April 2018, 08:57 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Having completed your Class 12th with Humanities stream you are not eligible for pursuing B.Sc in Geography degree course as for pursuing bachelor degree in science with any specialization you are required to have completed your Class 12th in science stream with either PCM or PCB group.

But, if your are interested in pursuing geography at your graduation level then you can go for B.A. i.e; Bachelor of Arts degree in geography.
20th February 2021, 12:15 PM
Unregistered

Which are the colleges persuing bsc geography for
humanities stream
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?