2nd May 2018, 07:32 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to apply in Civil Services recruitment for BTech CSE student?

Sir, I am studying BTech with Computer Science and Engineering. I am interested to apply in Civil Services recruitment. So, with this stream in BTech, I can apply in this recruitment or not? Please let me know immediately. Thank you!

27th May 2018, 02:39 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply in Civil Services recruitment for BTech CSE student?

Civil Service Examination is conducted by UPSC. It is conducted every year. The examination is conducted for recruitment as an I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S Officers.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that :

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The age limit is 21-32 years, relaxation in upper limit for reserved category.

Note :- Candidates in final year of bachelor degree can also apply for entrance examination.

There is no limitation on discipline of bachelor degree to appear for examination.

Examination is conducted in three stages and necessary to qualify in all stages for final selection.

So, you can start preparation for examination from now. To get more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
27th May 2018, 06:02 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply in Civil Services recruitment for BTech CSE student?

Eligibility Criteria Required to apply for Civil Services being B.Tech CSE candidate:

Of course yes. You are certainly eligible to apply for Civil Services Recruitment Examination after successful completion of B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering course. The basic educational qualification required to apply for Civil Services Examination is as follows.

<> Candidates must have completed their Bachelor's Degree or Graduation in any discipline in order to be eligible.

<> As any discipline in Graduation is accepted, I am very sure that you are eligible to apply for Civil Services with B.Tech in CSE background.

<> The minimum age required is 21 years and maximum age should not exceed 30 years in order to be eligible.

<> There are several optional subjects available and you are required to choose based on your interest. And some of the subjects suitable for you are Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics as you are from science background.
27th May 2018, 11:01 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

If you are in the final year of the course or passed bachelor degree then you are eligible to appear for Civil Service examination.

Civil Service examination is conducted by UPSC. The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree or in final year of bachelor degree.

The age limit is 21-32 years.

The examination is conducted by three stages and candidates have to qualify in all stages for final selection. For more details about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
28th May 2018, 08:49 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for Civil Services recruitment being a B.Tech CSE student. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a Government recognised university are eligible to apply for Civil Services recruitment. The age criteria required to apply for Civil Services recruitment is 21 to 32 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.
28th May 2018, 10:49 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Civil service exam is conducted once in every year by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission).

The eligibility requirements are mentioned below:

- The candidate should be a citizen of India.
- The educational qualification required is a graduation level degree in any stream from any recognized university.
- The age limit should be less than 32 years.
- There is 3 years age relaxation for OBC candidates, 5 years for SC/ ST candidates & 10 years for physically handicapped.
- There is limit of 6 attempts for general candidates, 9 for OBC candidates and no limit for SC/ ST & physically handicapped candidates.

For more information about notifications, application forms and other details visit the official website of UPSC.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?