27th May 2018, 07:59 AM
lata_1963

Mechanical or Electrical Diploma, which one has better scope?

Respected Sir/Madam, I am getting admission for Electrical Engineering course in Diploma. But I am interested to study Mechanical Engineering. I want to know between these two specializations, which one have better scope?

28th May 2018, 09:30 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Mechanical or Electrical Diploma, which one has better scope?

Both Mechanism and Electrical Diploma course has better career opportunities. Each and every course has its own significance in terms of career opportunities and employment. Electrical engineering is related to the field of Electrical whereas Mechanical Engineering is related to manufacturing of machines, engines, etc. So, I suggested you to choose the right course based on your interest.
28th May 2018, 12:06 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Both Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Engineering disciplines has their own scope as far as career as well as job opportunities are concerned. Both of the streams are core engineering streams. Hence, we cannot say that one particular stream is good over another. It basically depends upon your interests and the skills that you have.

After successful completion of Electrical Engineering Diploma, you are required to pursue B.Tech/ B.E in the same stream. You may then find employment opportunities in Core Electrical Engineering sector, MNC software sector and Public Sector. And the same case with Mechanical Engineering stream also. After completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, you will have to pursue B.E/ B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering again to find better job opportunities. You will be find more job opportunities in PSUs, government sector, core mechanical sector after completion of studies.

As you are very much interested to pursue Mechanical Engineering, I would suggest you to go with this stream and you will surely find better job opportunities if you are really good at academics.
28th May 2018, 02:40 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Mechanical and Electrical are core streams of engineering with lots of career and job opportunities in private as well as public sector. You can select any stream of your choice without any doubt.

During selection of stream either at diploma or at bachelor's degree level, it is necessary to consider one's own interest rather than trends and suggestions. You will definitely excel in stream when you have interest.
28th May 2018, 03:37 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Actually it depends upon your interest that in which stream you are more interested like Electrical Engineering and Mechanical engineering both have same job opportunities and both are Flourishing but your interest will create the trigger inside you to do good in a particular field. Moreover you said that you are interested in mechanical engineering hence you should definitely choose mechanical engineering.
28th May 2018, 03:58 PM
Ramakrishnan73

Both are having equal scopes. Electrical engineering is also having large scope. You should continue it. There are lots of jobs available in this field.
29th May 2018, 07:19 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Both of these diploma courses has their own value and are in demand as per their requirement but I guess it depends upon your interest that in which field you are more interested. You should join that stream where your interest lies.
29th May 2018, 07:53 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Both Mechanical or Electrical are Mother Branches.

Both has so many opportunities in a job sectors.

Both has a stable job opportunities.

Mechanical branch is all about knowledge of power, motor, generator etc.

Both but jobs for mechanical engineering are growing much rapidly than electrical. It depends on you, in which you are interested most.
30th May 2018, 01:03 AM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

=> As per my knowledge, you should go for Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course.

=> Diploma in Mechanical Engineering is a twelfth level Diploma course and the duration of this course is three years.

BEST EMPLOYMENT AREA
  1. John Deere - Pune
  2. PaltechTM Cooling Towers Equipments
  3. NEPC - New Delhi
  4. Eagle Infotech - Gandhinagar
  5. Alstom - Bangalore
BEST JOBS TYPE
  1. Technician
  2. Assistance Professor
  3. Trainee
  4. Section Head
  5. Mechanical Engineer
  6. Sales Engineer
31st May 2018, 12:14 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Both have good scope. It depends on your interest that which stream you like most and want to pursue.
In comparison to Mechanical and Electrical both are good at its place and have scope.
So, you can pursue any of them.
31st May 2018, 01:22 PM
google girl
Senior Member+

Both the specializations is good but i suggest you to go with your interest. If you are interested to pursue Mechanical Engineering Diploma then pursue it.

Mechanical Engineering Diploma Job Types are:-
Assistant Manager
Sales Manager
Technician
Trainee
Manufacturing Manager
Mechanical Engineer
13th May 2023, 10:36 PM
Unregistered

Diploma eletrical or mechanical who is the better
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?