28th June 2018, 10:34 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study MSc(Statistics) for BSc(Mathematics) student?

Sir, I am studying BSc with Mathematics Honours. I am interested to study MSc in Statistics after completing my BSc. I would like to know that am I eligible to do MSc in this subject? Please help me to know about this asap. Thank you!

Related Questions:
1st July 2018, 09:31 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study MSc(Statistics) for BSc(Mathematics) student?

=> M.Sc. Statistics or Master of Science in Statistics is a postgraduate Statistics course.

=> The duration of this course is two years.

=> For this course candidate should have passed B.Sc. Statistics or B.Sc. Mathematics from a recognized university.

=> As per my knowledge, you are eligible to get admission in Master of Science in Statistics after completing B.Sc(Mathematics).
9th July 2018, 12:48 PM
Anushka Kashyap
Member+

There is no such specific eligibility criteria for doing M.Sc after completing B.Sc.

If, you have done B.Sc in Mathematics, you can do M.Sc in whatever the stream is.

So, regarding doing M.Sc, there is no such criteria.

You can do M.Sc in Statistics after completing your B.Sc in Mathematics.
12th July 2018, 04:01 PM
shlrao
Senior Member+

Dear Friend

Master of Science in Statistics can do only those students who have completed their B.sc in any stream with minimum 50% marks. To get admission in any University you also have to pass the entrance exam of that University or state. After passing the entrance exam you have to go for counselling and after this process you are eligible to get admission in the M.Sc course of any subject. For getting admission there is also one condition that you should not have any type of backlog in any paper of your B.Sc course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?