30th June 2018, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

Can I study PhD through distance MCom course?

Hello Sir/Madam, I am studying in BCom course. But after completing my BCom, I want to study MCom through distance education. However, my aim is to do PhD program in near future. Kindly let me know that can I do PhD after such MCom course?

3rd July 2018, 07:44 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study PhD through distance MCom course?

Basically admission procedure and eligibility criteria generally varies from college to college. Most of the colleges offer doctoral program if you meet the required eligibility criteria properly after completion of M.Com in correspondence mode.

>> The basic educational qualification required is Master's Degree (Post Graduation) in concerned stream from a recognized university with minimum 50% marks.

>> I request you notice an important point that, you must have done Master's Degree from a recognized university. Hence, if you are done with this Master's Degree course from a recognized distance learning university then I can surely say that you are eligible to apply for doctoral program.

>> Besides this, most of the colleges conduct their own PhD Entrance Examination for offering admission into this course.

>> I suggest you to have a valid score of UGC National Eligibility Test to get PhD Admission in your desired college/ university provided with if you have done Master's in correspondence mode from a recognized university.
3rd July 2018, 12:26 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir/Madam, I am studying in BCom course. But after completing my BCom, I want to study MCom through distance education. However, my aim is to do PhD program in near future. Kindly let me know that can I do PhD after such MCom course?

Yes, you can study PhD in some universities after completion of MCom through distance mode. Candidates must have obtained a Post Graduate Degree in the relevant subject from a recognized university or a Post Graduate Degree in the relevant subject through Distance Mode from a recognized university with at least 55% marks or equivalent CGPA at the Post Graduate Degree are eligible to study the PhD in many universities like Osmania University. You have to appear for the PhD Entrance Test and Interview for the admission to study PhD.
4th July 2018, 06:36 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you have got UGC recognized distance mode M.Com degree with at least 55% marks, then surely you will be eligible for Ph.D admission in India. There is relaxation of 5% marks for candidates who belong to reserved category.

Admission will be on the basis of performance in the written exam and interview conducted by the concerned university.
13th January 2021, 06:47 PM
Unregistered

I'm an m.com student. My 4th sem result are not declares.... Can I appear for net exam for phd?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?