26th July 2018, 11:39 AM
Unregistered

Steps to join Indian Air Force for 8th CBSE student?

Hello, I am studying in 8th standard from CBSE Board. I want to join Indian Air Force. I would like to know about the steps through which I can join Indian Air Force. Kindly help me in this regards. Thank you!

28th July 2018, 07:11 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Steps to join Indian Air Force for 8th CBSE student?

As you are in 8th standard, so right now you cannot apply for Indian Air Force.

To apply for Indian Air Force, you will have to write exams like NDA or CDS or AFCAT.

For NDA Exam, you must be in 12th standard (PCM) or have passed it.

For CDS Exam or AFCAT Exam, you must be in final year of graduation or have completed it.

After completing 10th standard, you must choose Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as your preferred subjects for studying in 11th and 12th standard to be eligible for joining Air Force.

In NDA, you will have to face following tests:
  • Written Exam
  • SSB Interview
In CDS Exam, you will face following tests:
  • Written Exam
  • SSB Interview

While in AFCAT exam, you will have these tests:
  • AFCAT written exam, then EKT exam
    Further tests will include,
  • Stage-I Test consist of Intelligence Test
  • Stage-II Test consist of Psychological Test, Group Tests and Interview.
29th July 2018, 09:28 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The first two step for you are:

Complete your secondary and senior secondary board examination from CBSE with good percentage of marks. In senior secondary board exam, take PCM subjects.

Then apply for NDA examination:

National Defence Academy examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year. PCM subjects science stream candidates are eligible for IAF.

The age criteria for NDA exam is 16.5 to 19.5 years.

Unmarried male candidates can apply for exam.
29th July 2018, 01:23 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Being a student of Class 8th, you are not eligible for any entry in Indian Air force at this stage as the minimum education required for joining IAF as an officer or an Airman is a higher secondary school degree in any discipline ( or in science stream with Mathematics and Physics as main subject for officer's entry or entry as X group airman ) from a recognized board.

So, being a student of Class 8th, you first need to complete your Class 10th followed by Class 12th to have any option of joining Indian Air force.

For more details regarding different opportunities available in Indian Air force, you can refer to the link www.careerairforce.nic.in.
28th November 2021, 07:12 PM
Unregistered

How many percentage in board for air force pilot
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?