7th August 2018, 12:08 PM
Unregistered

Job opportunities in Government sector for LLB student?

Dear friends, I am doing LLB now. After completing my LLB course. I want to get job in Government sector. I would like to know about the job opportunities available in this sector for me. Kindly tell me immediately. Waiting for your response!

15th October 2021, 05:31 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Job opportunities in Government sector for LLB student?

There are opportunities as legal officer in various sectors such as PSUs, banking, insurance etc.

You can also appear and qualify for JUDICIAL SERVICE for the recruitment in government jobs.
25th June 2023, 12:18 AM
Nikhil202k
Banned

Default Re: Job opportunities in Government sector for LLB student?

As an LLB (Bachelor of Laws) student, there are several job opportunities in the government sector that you can explore. Here are some potential career paths and positions:

Judicial Services: You can appear for the judicial services exams conducted by the respective State Public Service Commissions (SPSC) or High Courts. Clearing these exams can lead to appointments as Civil Judge, Magistrate, or Judicial Officer in the state judiciary.

Public Prosecutor: Government agencies and departments, such as the Public Prosecution Department, require legal professionals to serve as Public Prosecutors. They represent the state in criminal cases and provide legal advice.

Law Officer: Various government departments and ministries hire Law Officers to provide legal advice, draft contracts and agreements, and handle legal matters. Positions like Legal Advisor, Legal Consultant, or Law Officer are available in departments such as the Ministry of Law and Justice, State Government Departments, and Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs).

Indian Legal Service (ILS): The Indian Legal Service is a Group A central civil service that provides legal expertise to the Government of India. As an LLB graduate, you can appear for the Indian Legal Service Examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) to secure positions in this service.

Central and State Government Departments: Various government departments at the central and state levels require legal professionals to handle legal matters and provide legal advice. Positions such as Legal Assistant, Legal Officer, and Legal Advisor are available in departments like the Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Corporate Affairs, and State Government Legal Cells.

National and State Human Rights Commissions: The National Human Rights Commission and State Human Rights Commissions recruit legal professionals to handle cases related to human rights violations. These positions offer an opportunity to work for the protection and promotion of human rights.

Legal Research and Academics: You can explore opportunities in legal research and academics by joining research institutions, universities, or law colleges as research associates, faculty members, or professors. This allows you to contribute to legal research, teach aspiring law students, and engage in policy analysis.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?