14th August 2018, 10:01 PM
shubhamrockzz

What is the minimum educational requirement for PhD in Pharmacology?

Can I do PhD in Pharmacology after Pharm.D? As few people said me that as I am from pharmacy background I should choose pharmacy practice. If it is not possible then what other options are available for me?

15th August 2018, 11:47 AM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum educational requirement for PhD in Pharmacology?

The minimum educational qualification required to get admission in PhD course shall normally be a Master's degree or M Phil degree from any accredited Indian University in the relevant field. If you have completed your Master's course in Pharmacy then you are eligible to pursue PhD course.
You need to appear in the Ph.D Entrance Examination. Candidate must hold at least 55 % in Masters.
15th August 2018, 11:51 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum educational requirement for PhD in Pharmacology?

** Ph.D. Pharmacology or Doctor of Philosophy in Pharmacology is a Doctorate Pharmacy course.

** The duration of this course is three years.

** For this course candidate should have passed master degree from a recognized university.

** As per my knowledge, you are eligible to get admission in Doctor of Philosophy in Pharmacology after completing master degree in pharmacy.
15th August 2018, 12:53 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

In order to pursue PhD in Pharmacology, a candidate must complete masters degree / post graduation course in relevant field from a recognised University.
Candidates must have minimum of 55 % score in the post graduation.
The candidate has to appear in the exams like UGC NET / JRF / GATE to get admission in research courses.
15th August 2018, 01:04 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

You can also go for practice as well as various private and government jobs are available. You should choose any of them.
If you want to pursue Ph.D in Pharmacology then the minimum educational requirement should be degree of Post-Graduation with at least 50% aggregate from a recognized university.
15th August 2018, 02:56 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Minimum educational qualification required for PhD in Pharmacology are as follows:-
Candidate must have completed Post-graduation in Pharmacology with at least 55% aggregate from a recognized university.

After Pharm.D, you have to pursue Post-graduation in Pharmacology in order to pursue PhD in Pharmacology.
15th August 2018, 06:06 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Minimum educational qualification for PhD in Pharmacology:-

Eligibility criteria for PhD in Pharmacology :-

Education qualification:-

Post graduation in Pharmacology / Biology / Pharmacy / Biotechnology from a recognised Institute.

Selection Procedure:-

Candidates are selected based on performance in the UGC/ CSIR/ NET / GATE etc.

The duration of this course is 3 to 5 years.

Course Fees:- INR 2 to 4 lakhs for 3 to 5 years.

Average starting salary:- INR 4 to 20 lakhs per annum.

List of colleges for doing Pharmacology course:-

Jamia Hamdard

JSS Medical College

AI Ameen College of Pharmacy

KM College of Pharmacy

VNS Institute of Pharmacy.
15th August 2018, 07:50 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria to do Ph.D in Pharmacology:

>>Minimum qualification required to do Ph.D in Pharmacology is Masters degree in equivalent subject like Pharmacy, Pharmacology, Chemistry etc.

>> Candidates have to crack National Eligibility Test(NET) exams to receive Junior Research Fellowship.

>> Counselling for the research programme will be baaed on NET performance.

*** You can do MBA, Clinical Pharmacy course etc. after completing Pharm.D to increase the chances og getting good respectful highly paid jobs.
15th August 2018, 09:17 PM
srkallinone

You are not eligible for Ph.D (Pharmacology) course after completion of your Pharm.D course. Admission will be given based on entrance exam score of UGC NET. After Pharm.D, You can choose either higher study in master's or can seek for a jobs.

Ph.D (Pharmacology) Eligibility
- You must have passed post-graduation in pharmacology from a recognized university.
- You need to appear and qualify the entrance exam UGC NET.

Job Sectors After Pharm.D
- Pharmaceutical Industries
- Drug Manufacturing Units
- Hospitals
- Clinics
- Health Centers
- Nursing Homes
- NGOs
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?