23rd June 2011, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

Which engineering branch should I choose after scoring 77% in PCM in 12th?

I passed the 12th board exam with 77 perc. in pcm and have 81 marks in CET exam. I am very confusing how to choose a branch.civil / mech /chem/ENTC/elect. Also I dont know where is my interesi. also i dont any abut of branches Please help me.

24th June 2011, 12:30 PM
omesh123

Default Re: Which engineering branch should I choose after scoring 77% in PCM in 12th?

My advise to you is to choose the mechanical or etnt branch of engineering because this two branches has a better scope in future rather than other branches of engineering.
Best of Luck.
25th June 2011, 02:17 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Which engineering branch should I choose after scoring 77% in PCM in 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I passed the 12th board exam with 77 perc. in pcm and have 81 marks in CET exam. I am very confusing how to choose a branch.civil / mech /chem/ENTC/elect. Also I dont know where is my interesi. also i dont any abut of branches Please help me.

WHAT COURSE IN COLLEGE FOR ENGINEERING

First of all congrats for getting some good marks in your 12th grade, as you have 77 % you can opt for any course in engineering... I just want to list the courses in engineering which are as follows...

-> Electronics and Communication Engineering.

-> Computer Science Engineering.

-> Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering.

-> Electrical and Electronics Engineering.

-> Mechanical Engineering.

-> Civil Engineering.

-> Bio Technology.

-> Bio Informatics.

-> Food Processing.

-> Aeronautical Engineering and etc.

-> Now each course mentioned above as its own scope and future if you do well in the course, so don't worry about the job and placements.

-> But if you do want to get job in hand real soon then it's better you go for Electronics or computer science where it will you to get the job in software companies soon in campus placements.

-> You have mentioned that you don't know your interest but you must create your interest from now on...

-> You can take any course in Engineering but doing it without interest from the start of your 1st year will be not good to finish up your course..

-> So each course which are mentioned above deals with its own field.. just choose the course in best colleges if you have applied for counselling..

-> To get admission in the best college to do your engineering course which are mentioned above, you must give AIEEE and IIT JEE exam and score well...
25th June 2011, 02:48 PM
322raj

Default Re: Which engineering branch should I choose after scoring 77% in PCM in 12th?

First of all congrats for getting some good marks in your 12th grade. AS YOU confuse i am also confuse with your interest.my dear friend you are on the stage in which you can choose your way on your interest. please donot miss it. firstly decide what you want to be. are you sure? you are interested in BE. IF YES THEN GO HEAD. OTHERWISE go on your right way. best of luck.

1. IT (All Branches Expect Civil & Mechanical are placed in IT Firms)
2. Mechanical - Lots of Middle East Openings & Domestic Demand
3. Civil - Lots of Middle East Openings & Domestic Demand
4. Electrical (Placement In Electrical Field Only)
5. Electronics (Placement In Electrical Field Only)
6. Automotive (Too Specific Engineering Stream)
7. Chemical (Very Few Domestic Opening But With Good Pay Scale, And Very Few Students To Compete With)

you can contact me my e-mail id "[email protected]"
25th June 2011, 03:35 PM
swatianand

you have scored well, now you needfocus on what you need to do ahead.
there are plenty of colleges and branches available for engineering. There are plenty of courses available, you need to look for the best buy.

Today you can surely opt for Electronics, computers, mechanical and civil also has a good scope today . lastly not to forgetIT(information technology).

If you are looking for a job software oriented courses are best.
Interest is something that you need to discover and develope.Every course in engineering needs hardwark so be prepared for that.

Look for the best ranking colleges possible.

Good luck for your counselling.
25th June 2011, 05:02 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
You have secured a good percentage of marks in 12th... so, you can apply for any branch in engineering.. for that you have to appear in Entrance exams like IIT-JEE,AIEEE..
the branches you can take in engineering are as follows-
1.Computer science Engineering
2.Electronics and Communication Engineering
3.Electrical Engineering
4.Information Technology
5.Mechanical engineering
6.Bio-Tecnology
etc..
Now it is your interest that in which field you have the more interest..

All the best..
25th June 2011, 06:51 PM
foreturner
Senior Member+

Well you have asked a really inquisitive question.

Let me try to answer it by giving brief

info of various popular branches

MECHANICAL ENGINEERING

mech is your thing if engines machines Pumps vehicles

etc interest you.

Electrical engineering

EE is the field to opt for if you love electricity Motors

Power instruments , Transmission lines

Electreonics

If computers, mobile phone technology, other electronic instruments fascinate you

then definitely you are made for ELECs

Civil engineering

IF buildings construction bridges dams etc fascinate you

go for CIVIL engineering. In present day scenario it offers gr8

career prospect.

COMPUTER SCIENCE

well operating computers offers a lot of fun

and great career, computers are the gateway to future.
25th June 2011, 07:18 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
dear friend

You should go for core department like electronics ,electrical, civil ,mechanical because this category have lots of chance to crack in govt sector.also this stream are applicable for private sector.

Second choice is it or cs because this category have more jobs in private sector.

So best luck dear
25th June 2011, 08:33 PM
Rijo Moncy

I said that you should go for Civil Engineering that is better than other.It is good than other courses and you will get jobs easily and also work your own.
26th June 2011, 01:19 AM
nikhilmi
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Which engineering branch should I choose after scoring 77% in PCM in 12th?

Hello,
Thats a healthy percentage of yours in 12th with PCM.[I]Congratualations!!
[/I]

Regarding choosing your branch in Engineering.

You must develop your own interest,try to identify your interests then only you can achieve greater heights in your career.
Now if we talk about the scopes of the different branches in Engineering,all has its own significance.

Some of the branches like Instrumentation Engineering has a good future as it will provide opportunities in Power Plants and Power sector is the future industry.

Computer Engineering too will provide you opportunities in softwares,which is too on the rise.Even Electronics & Communication Engineers can choose a career in this field provided they are interested in non-core sector.

Mechanical Engineering is an evergreen field which has ample opportunities.

Civil engineering in the recent times has shown tremendous growth in terms of opportunities as there are lots of constructions underway in the whole of India.

Electrical and Electronics Engineering,Chemical Engineering and others too has its own scopes and opportunities.

But as i have mentioned earlier,you must develop your self interest so that it will be helpful for you in choosing the branch and for your future as well.

Good Luck.
26th June 2011, 01:59 AM
amitranjan.nitt

Dude branch in engineering are not decided by your 12th percentage,it is decided by your soul that what you like to do.Like if you like electical machines you should go for elctrical,if you have interest in micro eectronic ciruits u should go for electronics,if you like to model engines and mechanical machines you should go for mechanical,and if you like programming and networks you should go for computer science,if u want to design buildings,bridges etc you should go for civil.
First off all keep in mind that no branch is neithe good nor bad, all are equivalent.
now ask your what it wants to study...

ALL THE BEST.
26th June 2011, 05:59 AM
dineshpandiyan

Smile Re: Which engineering branch should I choose after scoring 77% in PCM in 12th?

All the Branches in Enginnering having a great scope in today's field.

Engineering degree consisid for many branches. The top engineering

Branches are as follows,
  • Mechanical Engineering
  • Electrical and Electronic Engineering
  • Electronic and Communication Engineering
  • Aeronautical Engineering
  • Automobile Engineering
  • Computer science Engineering and so on

From these you choose the branch that you are interested
26th June 2011, 01:27 PM
sanjay kumar saini
Senior Member+

Hi,

This is the time when you should take dicision on your intrest.
Threr are many branches in engineering as-

Electronics and Communication Engineering.

Computer Science Engineering.

Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering.

Electrical and Electronics Engineering.

Mechanical Engineering.

Civil Engineering.

Bio Technology.

Bio Informatics.

Food Processing.

Aeronautical Engineering .

you should choose branch according to your intrest.you can take help of you father and your teacher to choose best branch for you.
26th June 2011, 05:15 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
hi friend,
you are looking totaly unknown abot engineering.see. it is not depend on your marks to choose your branch, but on your interest.
take a short view, civil is a branch related to all constructions like bridges, dams, even your house, roads, etc. mechanical is related totale with machinary, industry, vehicles,etc. it is said to be be a parent branch, as you go for any branch, you will find its connection with mechanical anyhow! you see petolium industries, they are widely related with chemical engg.
mobile in your hand, i-phones, all communication devices like radar, gprs, belongs to ETC engg.
electric engg.may confusd with ETC.it is a branch in relation with household, industrial wiring & power supply.
now, go in detail of each of these branches, find your interest & then set your goal of career!
best luck & very warm wishes for your career & bright future!
26th June 2011, 08:53 PM
sandymishra45

Lightbulb Re: Which engineering branch should I choose after scoring 77% in PCM in 12th?

Engineering Branchs

The following are some branches in B.Tech -

- Computer Science Engineering.

- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering.

- Electrical and Electronics Engineering.

- Mechanical Engineering.

- Electronics and Communication Engineering.

- Civil Engineering.

- Bio Technology.

- Bio Informatics.

- Food Processing.

- Aeronautical Engineering and etc.

If you are interested in computer field,then IT is best option for you.
But,according to me Mechanical Engineering is suitable for you and for your future.
Different branches has different scoops in different fields. But ,you are the man who have to chose one of them because every field have good future.

thank you
27th June 2011, 01:45 AM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Hellow,
As You have scored 77% with the subject combination PCM in 12th level you have a lot of options.
You can choose one of the engineering course listed blow
*Automobile Engineering
*Electronic Engineering
*Chemical Engineering
*Petrochemical Engineering
*Computer Science Engineering
These Engineering Branches provides good carrier Opportunities in future.
Good luck!
8th July 2011, 03:18 PM
Unregistered

sir ,i want to know what scope for civil engineering
3rd September 2011, 07:54 PM
vishal jaybhaye
Senior Member+

dear friend ,

choosing of the branch in the engineering field is strictly depends on one's interest.
and you are saying that you are unable to find out your interested branch.

friend , see there are different branches like mechanical , civil , electrical ,etc have the scope in the future as the industries regarding these branches are growing.
so any of above mentioned branches will be very useful to you in the future.

thanks and best luck
4th September 2011, 10:44 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
I passed the 12th board exam with 77 perc
i can completely understand your situation as i was in the same place,few years back..
i was totally confused and unaware of any branch..so i chose the branch which had the maximum scope and job opprtunities..i.e ECE..it is the most upcoming branch and you can be assured of your job if you do your B.Tech from a good college..you need to score a very good rank inAIEEE to get into a good college of your choice..

all the best
5th September 2011, 12:06 AM
amaan khan ak

Quote:

You have very good percentage in 12th.It will give you so much chances to get good job after engineering.Many companies have a criteria of 60% above in 12th.You have so many options to choose any branch.Its depend on your interest.So choose any one.All branches having so much scope for future preference.
Civil,mechenical, and electrical are core branches and there are so much scope in both public and private sector.
If you having interest in computer field then computer engineering is the best option for you.There are so much scope in Private sector.You can get a very good package if you have good programmer.
So choose any one which you have interest.

All the best.
25th May 2012, 04:46 PM
Unregistered

which branch is suitable for me with my cut off 169.25?
30th June 2012, 09:17 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend ,

Congratulations on scoring 77% marks in PCM in 12th. as you have got such a nice marks , the best streams in engineering for you are listed below :

* Mechanical Engineering

* Computer Science Engineering

* Electronics & Communication Engineering

* Electronics & Electrical Engineering

As these four streams are the top ones from many point of views like placement , higher packages , reputation.

But , my friend it totally depends on you that in which stream you have the most interest because this will be best for you because if you select the stream in which you have interest then you can perform exceptionally well rather than streams in which you have no or little interest.

Hope you choose the best one.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
5th September 2016, 05:32 PM
Garima @
Junior Member+

congratulations!! you got good marks.
All the above streams are good for your future but electronics & electrical will be the best for you because in this field you will get many job.
Atlast it is totally up to your choice of interest.
8th September 2016, 03:55 PM
Prt_91

Basically it depends upon your choice what you want to study ,each stream has its own importance and you can make carrier in your interested stream.But in general if you want more choice in jobs then you have to choose Mechanical engineering, Electrical & electronics engineering,Electronics engineering. So,choose the stream in which you are interested so that you can perform well in this stream rather than the stream in which you have less interest.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?