24th June 2011, 08:36 PM
raj mehta

Which is better, IIT or IISc? How much rank is required to gate a seat in GATE? Tips to prepare for the exam?

I'm from ec branch. among IITs and IIScs which is better??? plz suggest how much rank we've to get in gate to get seat in them and give some tips for coaching...i'm resident of bangalore

Related Questions:
  1. How much rank is required in GATE to get into IIT's and in IISC's?
  2. What is the GATE score required to get M.Tech seat? I am a IISc or IIT Bomber student
  3. How much rank is required in GATE to study in IIT?
  4. M.Tech seat in IISC, Banglore and IIT Madras based on my all India GATE civil engineering rank? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. How much rank should I get in GATE in order to get a seat in IIT's and IISc's? I am a BC candidate
  6. Expected GATE rank with 65 out of 100 in EC? Eligibility for IITs and IISC? How to prepare for interviews?
  7. Can I get into IIT or IISc after scoring 98.6 percentile in GATE with an AIR of 221?
  8. How much marks should I score in GATE to get admission in IIT? Tips for self preparation?
  9. Cutoff marks required in GATE to get admission in IISC or IIT? List of institutes for a candidate who has scored 350 marks in GATE?
  10. Is it possible to study M.Tech in IIT through GATE for an average student? Detailed information, syllabus and tips for preparation? -- [New]
  11. How to prepare for GATE exam? Which books to refer for the GATE EEE exam?
  12. How can we prepare for GATE entrance exam? Tips to crack the GATE entrance?
  13. How to prepare for GATE entrance exam? Will it held me to get a seat abroad?
  14. How to join IIT/NITs or any other top colleges after finishing B.Tech in EC? How much GATE score is required?
  15. Can we get a seat in IIT college through GATE? Is there any cutoff rank? Can we get a job directly through GATE?
  16. Which institute will conduct GATE 2016 and GATE 2017?
  17. Am I eligible for GATE counseling after scoring 16704 rank in GATE exam? Can I get M.Tech seat in GATE counseling? When will the GATE counseling start?
  18. How can I get admission in IISC, IIT or NIT for Integrated Ph.D programme? Which entrance exam is available for it other than GATE?
28th September 2011, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which is better, IIT or IISc? How much rank is required to gate a seat in GATE? Tips to prepare for the exam?

i am a third year student of e.c.branch.and i want to persuing m.tech from iisc banglore.at what requerment i am eligible for iisc.
14th October 2011, 08:45 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which is better, IIT or IISc? How much rank is required to gate a seat in GATE? Tips to prepare for the exam?

Now i am doing B.E now i am going to 2nd year. Can you tell how i can prepare that exam now? Where i will start study? What is main basic thing for study?
Please tell me gate paper is subjective or objective?
Please reply.
25th October 2011, 08:18 PM
Unregistered

sir i am doing be now.i want to do mtech from iit.can u tel me hw much rank is required to get in it
28th October 2011, 08:49 AM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

hello,
see as you might be knowing b.tech means bachelor of technology whereas m.tech is masters.so, by this it self you can get an idea on what m.tech is.
The GATE cutoff scores for IITs are as follows.

Branch Category Score
Computer Science
Open / General:610
OBC:589
SC:430
ST:410

Electronics and Communication
Open / General:620
OBC:615
SC:430
ST:375

Electrical Engineering
Open / General:610
OBC:570
SC:425
ST:360

Mechanical Engineering
Open / General:640
OBC:620
SC:465
ST:411

Civil Engineering
Open / General:450
OBC:395
SC:295
ST:265
this data may change as this years marks are no where mentioned.so, please do check the official sites for updates.
good luck
8th January 2012, 08:11 PM
Unregistered

hello sir iam doing my b.tech now in computer science .i want to do my m.tech from IISC Banglore.can you tell me how much rank is required for me to get into it.iam a open category candidate....
29th February 2012, 12:40 PM
Unregistered

For mtech which is better iisc or iit.which are better institutes iisc or iit
7th September 2012, 09:34 AM
Unregistered

WHAT IS THE SCOPE AFTER FINISHING BS MATHEMATICS IN IISC
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?