24th June 2011, 10:20 PM
Hemantz

Should I go for electrical in IT BHU or is it better to change the branch to Mechanical after then 2nd semester? Maximum salary one can earn after B.Tech in Electrical Engineering?

Sir,I am Hemant Kumar from Ludhiana,cleared IIT JEE this year.I got electrical engineering from IT-BHU in first round of councelling.Kindly suggest that should I go for electrical or try to change my branch to machenical after 2nd semester.
Please also tell me about maximum salary one can earn after doing B.tech in electrical engineering from IT BHU

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible to transfer from Electrical & Electronics Engineering to Mechanical Engineering in Diploma 2nd semester?
  2. Which branch should I choose after 12th to get the maximum salary, Electrical or Mechanical?
  3. Can I exchange my branch from EE to Mechanical?
  4. Can I change my branch after 2nd semester in engineering?
  5. Is there any B.Sc stream related to Electrical branch in Ernakulam and Thrissur district? -- [New]
  6. Is there any course in CSIR for electrical branch? I have done B.Tech in electrical engineering
  7. What is the starting salary of electrical engineer?
  8. Can I get admission in 2nd year of B.E.(Electrical Engineering) if completed Diploma in Computer Engineering?
  9. What is the scope of chemical engineering?
  10. Is there any option to change the branch to electrical or mechanical or electronics?
  11. Can I change my stream from Electronics and Electrical engineering to Mechanical or Computer engineering?
  12. Which stream is a better choice for me between Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Engineering to get a Job in Government sector?
  13. How to do training from BHEL after completing B.Tech 2nd or 3rd year in electrical branch
  14. I want a salary of Rs. 20,000-30,000 per month after mechanical engineering
  15. Best 25 colleges offering EC department?
  16. Job opportunities and Career growth through B.Tech in Chemical Engineering?
  17. Can Girls join Indian Air Force after completing 12th PCM? Procedure to join? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Calicut University-B.Tech in Electrical Engineering-5th Sem Electrical Machines-II Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
11th December 2011, 12:25 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I go for electrical in IT BHU or is it better to change the branch to Mechanical after then 2nd semester? Maximum salary one can earn after B.Tech in Electrical Engineering?

hi.. both the electrical and the mechanical branches are equally good and both offer an very good career opportunities in the future for you ,so do not worry from that point of view .
my advice for you is that never choose an engineering field or for that matter your profession depending on the salary you would be getting in the future instead you should always choose an subject which you like the most and are most interested in irrespective of the fact what salary you will get in that field because if you choose an profession depending upon the salary then initially you may get an good salary but in the long run you would not be an such an successful person in that field because you don't have your heart in it ,
but,if you choose an field which you really like and are interested in even though that field may offer you an very less salary in the beginning but in the long run you are surely going to be ab successful person in that field and achieve great things because that interest of your will drive you forward for the greater things .
so from the above two fields select the one in which you are really interested in
13th December 2011, 06:02 PM
tariqlko01

Default Re: Should I go for electrical in IT BHU or is it better to change the branch to Mechanical after then 2nd semester? Maximum salary one can earn after B.Tech in Electrical Engineering?

My friend,

I would suggest you to not change your branch in IT-BHU as electrical engineering is a very good field and is gaining demand in all sectors,Electrical engineering has great career prospects and you can really do wonders in this field.
If you do not have interest in electrical and possess interest in Mechanical engineering then you can try for change of branch
But taking placements of IT-BHU into consideration,electrical branch has slight edge over mechanical.Bit final choice is yours.
GOOD LUCK
18th May 2012, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

what are placement salary in electrical department in it bhu?
25th March 2013, 05:47 PM
Unregistered

sir, i am pratik my branch is ece and im deten 2nd sem,but i think change my branch pleace ans me who branch in top velue
28th May 2013, 05:19 PM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Hi

By the time you read this, I assume you have already finished your 2nd year of engineering.
Still answering in a hope this may help someone else having similar doubt.

As one of my colleague mentioned both the branches are good and have excellent placement record in IIT BHU. You will get placed irrespective of the branch you choose.
Generally, electrical branch is choosen first while taking admission. However, it totally depends on your interest. If you do well you wont have any problem in placement.
Try to keep your CGPA 8.

IIT BHU Alumni

All the best
28th May 2013, 05:35 PM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: Should I go for electrical in IT BHU or is it better to change the branch to Mechanical after then 2nd semester? Maximum salary one can earn after B.Tech in Electrical Engineering?

Hi

By the time you read this, I assume you have already finished your 2nd year of engineering.
Still answering in a hope this may help someone else having similar doubt.

As one of my colleague mentioned both the branches are good and have excellent placement record in IIT BHU. You will get placed irrespective of the branch you choose.
Generally, electrical branch is choosen first while taking admission. However, it totally depends on your interest. If you do well you wont have any problem in placement.
Try to keep your CGPA 8.

IIT BHU Alumni

All the best
10th July 2014, 05:35 PM
Unregistered

i have got civil engineering in iit madras is it good or should i apply for nit nagpur computer science
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?