25th June 2011, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

In which OBC category do I below if my fathers salary is less than 2 Lakhs? Am I eligible for IIT seat reservation?

sir i belong to OBC ,my father's salary is less than 2 lac and my mother is house wife, In which OBC categaries i belongs? Am i eligiable for iit seat reservation plzz help me

26th June 2011, 01:31 PM
amitranjan.nitt

Default Re: In which OBC category do I below if my fathers salary is less than 2 Lakhs? Am I eligible for IIT seat reservation?

Dear friend you belong to OBC NCL(non creamy layer) and for sure you can get reservation in iit jee.

GOOD LUCK...
26th June 2011, 09:01 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: In which OBC category do I below if my fathers salary is less than 2 Lakhs? Am I eligible for IIT seat reservation?

If you belong to OBC then you must have proof of the same. Also you must submit proof of your family income. You will eligible for admission if you have cleared the entrance exam required. Also you will need to clear the interview round. If you are successful the institute will guide you on how to go about the financial requirements for the course.
27th June 2011, 12:23 AM
akhilesh16071991
Senior Member++

Hey,
yes you are eligible for obc seat reservation.
because from iit there are basically two layer for obc :
1>creame layer:whose parent income greater than 5 lakh(not get obc seat reservation).
2>Non creame layer:whose father income layer less tha 5 lakh(get obbc seat reservation)

good luck
28th June 2011, 10:13 PM
Unregistered

i am working as a teacher and my anual income is nearly three lakhs. for my further studies i want to obc certificate. can i elegible or not for getting obc certificate
17th October 2011, 09:13 PM
Unregistered

obc eligiblity for reservation in iit
17th October 2011, 10:52 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: In which OBC category do I below if my fathers salary is less than 2 Lakhs? Am I eligible for IIT seat reservation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir i belong to OBC ,my father's salary is less than 2 lac and my mother is house wife, In which OBC categaries i belongs? Am i eligiable for iit seat reservation plzz help me

You fall in the category of the OBC Non-Creamy Layer category and yes..you are definitely eligible for competing for the 27% reserved seats in all the IITs for the OBC reserved candidates..

Eligibility Criteria for IIT-JEE

1) You should have 60% or above in 12th in Physics,Chemistry and Maths

2) You are only eligible for appearing in the exam twice..once in the year of your passing of 12th and the other in the next consecutive year..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
18th October 2011, 01:28 AM
goutambiswas87

dear,
As you are in OBC so you must gate some relaxsation and you must be eligible for IIT JEE.

best of luck....
25th December 2011, 12:01 PM
rrmm92

you belong to OBC NCL(non creamy layer) and for sure you can get reservation in iit jee.
11th March 2012, 07:54 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible to get reserved seat under obc category if the income of my family is 4.2 lacs per annum
27th May 2012, 02:01 PM
Unregistered

Please confirm whether the OBC reservation is only for OBC (NCL) or any OBCs in all central educational institutes. Further please clarify for central govt jobs only OBC (NCL) required, isn't it?
25th March 2020, 11:24 PM
suchi haria
Junior Member+

OBC belongs to other backward class and in that again there are 2 category
Creamy layer
Non creamy layer
So you can apply for the non creamy layer certificate as your income is less than 6 lakhs and you can achieve its benefits
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?