2nd January 2010, 06:15 PM
Utkars

IS it necessary to have Maths subject to become an Archaeologist?

Hi, I am a Commerce student. I want to become an Archaeologist. Is this possible? I have heard that it is compulsory to have Maths subject. Please guide me guys. Thanks

6th September 2016, 03:29 PM
goyal.com
Senior Member+

Smile Re: IS it necessary to have Maths subject to become an Archaeologist?

As you want to know is it necessary to have Maths subject to become an Archaeologist here, I am going to tell you the same:

If candidate want to apply in the Archaeology Courses then the graduate level course in Archaeology can be pursued by graduates who have studied History in their class 10+2. As per my knowledge, no it is not compulsory to have Maths subject.

Following is the Archaeology course:

Postgraduate Courses in Archaeology
M.A. (Ancient Indian History and Archaeology)
Diploma Courses in Archaeology
Post-Graduate Diploma in Archaeology
M.A. (Archaeology)

Following is the best institute available:

Delhi Institute of Heritage Research and Management, Delhi

University of Madras

Union Christian College, Ernakulam, Kerala

Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, Orissa

Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi

Awadhesh Pratap Singh University, Rewa, Madhya Pradesh
6th September 2016, 08:32 PM
Sameerthapar123

Default Re: IS it necessary to have Maths subject to become an Archaeologist?

No Maths is not necessary to become an archaeologist, in fact the maths that you studied till now was also not needed for you to become an archaeologist.
The educational requirements to become an archaeologist is that you must have a Master's degree in any field or a doctoral.
Although it can be tough for you to divert from the commerce stream to pursue this career as mostly people who do become archaeologists do bachelors course in archaeology, anthropology etc.
I must also tell you that if you want a good job in this line of field then you must migrate to U.S.A where there is some scope for this field as opposed to negligible scope in India.
14th October 2016, 07:38 PM
Navneet patyal

Thumbs up Re: IS it necessary to have Maths subject to become an Archaeologist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utkars View Post
Hi, I am a Commerce student. I want to become an Archaeologist. Is this possible? I have heard that it is compulsory to have Maths subject. Please guide me guys. Thanks

No, there is no need to Mathematics subject is compulsory for the Archaeologist.

If you studied History subjects in your 12th standard then you can become an archaeologist. There is no need to have a Math subject compulsory for it.

You can join the following courses in Archaeological stream.

^ You can join the post graduation in Archaeology, M.A ( Archaeology), Post graduation diploma in Archaeology, M.A ( Ancient Indian History and Archaeology) etc.

There are many good institutions for this course.
You can join the University of Madras, Union Christian Collage in Kerala, Awadhesh pratap singh University in Madhya pradesh, Guru Govind Singh Indraprastha university in Delhi, and Delhi Institute of Heritage Research and Management. These are the best collages in India that i have mentioned above. You can choose according to your choice. There are lot of job opportunities in the abroad.
17th November 2016, 08:01 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: IS it necessary to have Maths subject to become an Archaeologist?

If I want to be an archaeologist So which field does I have to choose After 10th standard?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?