1st June 2019, 09:13 PM
Unregistered

Course structure and duration of PhD(Geological Sciences) in Jadavpur University?

Hello friends, I want to join Jadavpur University for studying PhD(Geological Sciences). Can I know about the structure of this PhD course? Please let me know about the duration as well. Waiting for your kind response.

6th June 2019, 11:35 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Course structure and duration of PhD(Geological Sciences) in Jadavpur University?

PhD in Geological Sciences is a 3 year duration course. This course is the study of the earth in which you study about the Earth materials, how materials are made of and processes that affect them over time.

The detailed syllabus is given below.

Review of Literature
Geological Surveying
Remote Sensing
Tsampling
Microscopy
Geochemical Analysis
GeoScientific Writing
7th June 2019, 06:56 PM
Crenchekids
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Course structure and duration of PhD(Geological Sciences) in Jadavpur University?

The duration of of PhD(Geological Sciences) in Jadavpur University is of 3 years with regular sessions.

The course structure of PhD(Geological Sciences) in Jadavpur University will include the following subjects:

=)Need and process of systematic review of Literature to understand Regional and Local-Geology
=)Geomorphology
=)Stratigraphy
=)Structural and Tectonic Setting
=)Mineral Deposit
=) Hydrogeology
=)Nature and scope of Geological Survey
=)Important Field Equipment
=)Purposes and Types of Samples
=)Techniques of Sampling
=)Sampling Patterns
=)Microscopy
=)Geochemical Analysis

You can visit the website http://www.jaduniv.edu.in for more details.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?