5th July 2010, 11:34 PM
Aashish vinod

Am I eligible for ISRO if my subject is PCBM? How should I apply for the exam?

I am Aashish Vinod pased AISSE with 9.80% and opted PCBM (Physics,Chemistry,Biology and Maths) in +1 . I like to study in ISRO aftey +2 but I don't know whether I will be eligible to appear for entrance exam as my subject is PCBM. Please clarify it. Also how should I apply for entrance exam and when ?. Please guide me

Related Questions:
  1. Will I be eligible to appear for the entrance exam of ISRO after 12th if my subject combination is PCMB? How should I apply for the entrance?
  2. Dual certificate of Sr. Secondary School is possible at the same time?
  3. Can I be eligible to apply for ISRO? I have scored 58% in B.Tech
  4. Possibility to study B.Tech after 12th with PCBM group but Biology as a Main subject?
  5. Can I apply for recruitment exams in ISRO after MCA? What would be syllabus for the exam?
  6. Can I apply in ISRO Technical Assistant recruitment being a Mechanical graduate?
  7. Am I eligible to apply for internship programme in ISRO after completing 3rd year of BE Geo-Informatics department?
  8. Whether M.Sc in Physics student apply for ISRO entrance exam? What is the eligibility criteria required to apply for the exam? -- [New]
  9. How can I become an Astronaut?
  10. Am I eligible for ISRO scientist post after M.Sc maths?
  11. What should I do to get 95% in 12th with PCBM stream? Tips to prepare for the exam?
  12. Can I apply for ISRO Entrance Exam after the completion of B.Tech in IT? What is the criteria for ISRO Entrance Exam?
  13. How can diploma holders in Electrical Engineering get a job in ISRO? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Is a MSc Computer Science student eligible for ISRO exam?
  15. Am I eligible to join ISRO after completing B.Tech Mechanical Branch scoring 65% marks overall and 60.4% in 1st year?
  16. Are B.Tech IT students allowed to do project in ISRO? How shall we apply for it?
  17. Am I eligible to apply for ISRO entrance exam after completing 12th?
  18. Can I apply for ISRO entrance exam after doing MCA?
31st May 2011, 12:51 PM
faheemadeeba

Default Re: Am I eligible for ISRO if my subject is PCBM? How should I apply for the exam?

hii, as you have taken pcmb means you are an science graduate, you definately eligible, but you need to have bachelors degree to work in isro, regarding exam every year they will give notifications you need to check them and apply.
31st May 2011, 09:25 PM
mandiv

Default Re: Am I eligible for ISRO if my subject is PCBM? How should I apply for the exam?

hello
dear the minimum qualification to apply for ISRO is post graduation in aero space engineering for which you need to score good in class 12
then give the entrance test of IIT which is considered the best for the same...
after doing your b.tech of 4 years complete your post graduation in the same...
then you become eligible for ISRO...
all the best
1st June 2011, 12:32 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

There is no form for applying ISRO you need to go to isro website and fill your form but before that you need to make a D.D of 100/- and then you need to apply to website..then you need to note down your application form no and take print of the generated form and sent to the ISRO address.

Education qualification for ISRO is

we need to have a qualificatio of BE/B.Tech or equivalent in First Class with an aggregate minimum of 65% (average of all semesters for which results are available).

SCIENTIST/ENGINEER

Candidates who are in final year can also apply for the same.

With age limit of 35 years.

that means you need to do b.tech for applying for ISRO..
1st June 2011, 12:40 AM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

Hello,
The eligibility criteria to appear in exam conducted by ISRO for scientist/ engineer test-
*candidate should be graduate with min. Aggregate 60%, in BE/B.Tech
*the age limit should not exceed 35 yr.
For more information-www.isro.gov.in
1st June 2011, 12:56 AM
babydoll

Yes you can apply for the ISRO after completion of the graduation and master degree. But you must have astro physics and aerodynamics subjects in graduation and post graduation.
It matters alot that you must have 4 to 5 yr. of experience in these fields.
If you fulfill these eligibility criteria then you can apply for junior scientist post in the ISRO.
1st June 2011, 01:49 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashish vinod View Post
I am Aashish Vinod pased AISSE with 9.80% and opted PCBM (Physics,Chemistry,Biology and Maths) in +1 . I like to study in ISRO aftey +2 but I don't know whether I will be eligible to appear for entrance exam as my subject is PCBM. Please clarify it. Also how should I apply for entrance exam and when ?. Please guide me
Eligibility for Isro Exam 2011:

Education Qualification:

* BE/B.Tech or equivalent in First Class with an aggregate minimum of 65% (average of all semesters for which results are available). Candidates who are slated to complete the BE/B.Tech course in the academic year 2010-11 are also eligible to apply provided final Degree is available by 31.8.2011

Age Limit:

* 35 years as on 28-02-2011 (40 years in case of SC/ST candidates and 38 years for OBC candidates, Ex-serviceman and Persons with Disabilities[PWD] are eligible for age relaxation as per Govt. of India orders).

For more details visit: www.isro.co.in
1st June 2011, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

Can i join ISRO
after finishing
PCMB ?
2nd June 2011, 12:36 AM
NITIN2
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for ISRO if my subject is PCBM? How should I apply for the exam?

Dear friend

you are eligible for the ISRO exam after +2 with PCM group.In every year ISRO organize a exam for +2 student, you should keep in touch with daily newspaper and weekly employment news.After qualifying in this exam you would get admission in ISRO institute there you wild get degree of graduation free of cost and you would become junior scientist .

After doing BTech in any stream you would also eligible for ISRO exam and after qualifying this exam you would become junior scientist.

Eligibility: BE/B.Tech or equivalent in First Class with an aggregate minimum of 65% (average of all semesters for which results are available).

Best of luck
22nd August 2011, 12:32 PM
Unregistered

my subjects are physics maths and computer science in higher secondary examination from assam higher secondary council? am i eligible for engineering entrances?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?