30th June 2019, 11:13 AM
Unregistered

How about doing a graduate degree in Fashion Designing after completing Diploma in Engineering?

I have completed my Diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering in this year. So, I want to join in Fashion Designing because I am very excited and more interested to do this course. So, now is it possible to study a graduate degree course in Fashion Designing? From where can I take admission? Would I be considered to lateral entry scheme?

7th August 2019, 07:00 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How about doing a graduate degree in Fashion Designing after completing Diploma in Engineering?

After diploma in EC engineering, you can apply for graduation in fashion designing course. Candidates who have completed their diploma or degree in relevant field are eligible for lateral entry admission in bachelor of fashion designing course. As you have completed diploma in EC engineering, you are not eligible for lateral entry admission. As you are interested in fashion designing, you should pursue your education in that field and can make a bright career. Some institutes offer direct admission based on qualifying examination. Some well reputed institutes conduct their own entrance exam for admission. NID (National Institute of Design) conducts entrance exam DAT (Design Aptitude Test) for admission. NIFT (National Institute of Fashion Technology) conducts entrance exam CAT (Creative Ability Test) and GAT (General Ability Test) and Situation Test for admission.

Graduation In Fashion Designing Courses
- Bachelor of Fashion Design
- Bachelor In Fashion Technology

Top Institutes Offering Direct Admission for Bachelor of Fashion Designing
- Pearl Academy, New Delhi
- J.D. Institute of Fashion Technology, Mumbai
- Pearl Academy of Fashion Management, Jaipur
- Vogue Institute of Fashion Technology, Bangalore
- Symbiosis Institute of Design, Pune
- Hamstech Institute of Fashion and Interior Design, Hyderabad
- Satyam Fashion Institute, Noida
- Arch Academy of Design, Jaipur
- FAD International Academy, Pune

Career Prospects
After completion of graduation in fashion designing, you may have job opportunities in fashion houses, designing houses, apparel manufacturing companies etc.

Job Profiles
- Fashion Designer
- Interior Designer
- Textile Designer
- Graphic Designer
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?