30th June 2011, 05:26 PM
baoo

Scope of Bio Tech Engineering Degree from a Deemed University in India? Can I do masters courses in India?

sir
what is the future of Bio tech engineering degree obtained from deemed university in academic line in india
after obtaining biotech engineering degee from deemed university will i be able to do other master courses in india and prospect of service in india
kindly reply as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Future of Biotech engineering degree obtained from deemed university? Will I be able to do other master courses in India?
  2. Where to do masters in Bio medical engineering in Gujarat or rest of India? What is the scope and salary?
  3. Am I eligible to do masters in mechatronics after completion of electronics and communications engineering? -- [New]
  4. Which is the best university for Masters of Bio informatics Engineering in India
  5. How to join bio medical engineering after doing B.E(Mech)? What is the scope of it in India? Which are the companies offering a job to Bio medical engineers?
  6. Is it a good decision to move from Master degree in Electrical Engineering to Engineering Management? Is Engineering Management better than Electrical Engineering? What is the scope of Engineering Management in USA as well as in India?
  7. List of institutes in India offering B.Tech in nuclear physics? What is its scope in India and abroad?
  8. Shall I continue with Electrical Engineering after doing masters in electrical engineering from Florida International University? Which is better among the two? Scope of engineering management in USA as well as India?
  9. Can I do masters in Dentistry in Bangkok after completion of BDS in India?
  10. What is the scope of Physiotherapist in India? What is the total cost of education for doing bachelors as well as masters degree in Physiotherapy?
  11. Bio-process engineering or Bioinformatics? which field has better scope, career and jobs? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. What is the entrance exam which I need to write to do masters in Info Tech outside India?
  13. Colleges offering masters in Bioinformatics and scope for the same? Job opportunities after the course?
  14. Basic requirements and qualification required to study Master degree in University of Toronto or McGill University for B.E.(Biomedical Engineering) student?
  15. Courses offered for Masters program in Forestry in Indian Universities?
  16. What are the courses that I can do after completing B.E in Bio medical engineering
  17. What is the future scope in Civil Engineering? Best universities providing masters degree in civil engineering
  18. Scope and job opportunities of Masters in Microbiology and Genetics?
6th July 2012, 09:09 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Scope of Bio Tech Engineering Degree from a Deemed University in India? Can I do masters courses in India?

sir i want to list of all possible engineering coarses in India ?
2nd August 2020, 02:03 PM
deepikapandey9999

Default Re: Scope of Bio Tech Engineering Degree from a Deemed University in India? Can I do masters courses in India?

Now coming to scope of Biotechnology (wrt Indian scenario). We all are aware of basic definitions of Biotechnology, common examples, after all we all studied them in the first chapter of our school/ college textbooks, right? I am not going into all this stuff in detail. Broadly, applications of Biotechnology are in the following areas:

Research Institutes for Life Sciences/ Biotechnology: In India, there are many good research institutes and universities that have good laboratories, infrastructure and scientists. Not every lab in every institute can be considered as doing great work, of course. Some of the Indian Life Science research institutes engaged in research, and are fundedby CSIR (Council for Scientific and Industrial Research)/ DBT (Department of Biotechnology)/ ICMR (Indian Council for Medical Research)/ ICAR (Indian Council for Agricultural Research)/ DST (Department of Science and Technology), according to me are (not in any order):

Insitute of Genomics and Integrative Biology (IGIB), New Delhi
International Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB), New Delhi
National Insitute of Immunology (NII), New Delhi
All India Instiute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi
National Institute of Plant Genome Research (NIPGR), New Delhi
Translational Health Science and Technology Institute (THSTI), Faridabad, Haryana
Ambedkar Center for Biomedical Research (ACBR), DU (North Campus), New Delhi
National Brain Research Centre (NBRC), Gurgaon, Haryana
National Research Centre on Plant Biotechnology, Delhi, Delhi
National Environmental Engineering Research Institute (NEERI), Nagpur, Maharashtra
Institute of Microbial Technology (IMTECH), Chandigarh
Central Drug Research Institute (CDRI), Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
National Dairy Research Institute (NDRI), Karnal, Haryana
Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology (CCMB), Hyderabad, Telangana
Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics (CDFD), Hyderabad, Telangana
National Insitute of Nutrition (NIN), Hyderabad, Telangana
Indian Institute of Chemical Technology (IICT), Hyderabad, Telangana
Indian Institute of Chemical Biology (IICB), Kolkata, West Bengal
Bose Institute, Kolkata, West Bengal
Tata Institute for Fundamental Research, Mumbai
Advanced Centre for Treatment Research and Education in Cancer (ACTREC), Mumbai
National Institute For Research In Reproductive Health (NIRRH), Mumbai
Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore
National Centre for Biologcal Sciences (NCBS), Bangalore
Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR), Bangalore
National Center for Cell Science (NCCS), Pune, Maharashtra
National Chemical Laboratory (NCL), Pune, Maharashtra
National Institute of Virology (NIV), Pune, Maharashtra
National Institute of Oceanography, Goa, Goa
Central Food Technological Research Institute (CFTRI), Mysore, Karnataka
Institute of Life Sciences (ILS), Bhubaneshwar
Institute of Bioresources and Sustainable Development (IBSD), Imphal, Manipur
National Institute of Animal Biotechnology (NIAB), Hyderabad, Telangana
National Institute of Biomedical Genomics (NIBMG), Kalyani, West Bengal
Rajiv Gandhi Center for Biotechnology (RGCB), Thiruvananthpuram, Kerala
Regional Center for Biotechnology, Faridabad, Haryana
Indian Institute of Integrative Medicine (IIIM), Jammu, Jammu and Kashmir
National Botanical Research Institute (NBRI), Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
Biotech companies in India: There are many big and small Biotechnology companies in India, which are of Indian origin as well as are foreign multinationals. I can't give a comprehensive list of them but to name a few: Biocon, Novartis, GlaxoSmithKline, Dr. Reddy's, Novozymes, Strand Life Sciences, Serum Institute of India, Shantha Biotechnics etc.

Academic Institutes/ Universities: Apart from these research institutes, some of the leading academic institutes/ universities working in Life Sciences [Biology/Biotechnology/ Biological Sciences/ Bioengineering/ Biochemical Engineering] education (B.Tech./ M.Tech./ M.Sc.) (and research) are:
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?