7th January 2020, 12:45 PM
Farha rasool

Is there any age restriction for studying MBBS degree?

Sir, I am 32 year old unmarried female candidate and wish to study MBBS now. Is it fine doing MBBS at this age? Will I get admission in good UGC recognized and AICTE approved medical colleges at this age? Would I also have to write any entrance? If yes, then please share the entrance details.

9th January 2020, 07:53 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any age restriction for studying MBBS degree?

The minimum age for MBBS is 17 years.
There is no appraisal Amita till the supreme court passes its judgement on it.
candidates must have passed to 10 + 2 or equivalent with physics, chemistry, biology / biotechnology and English as core subjects from recognised board.
Candidates who are appearing for the class 12th or equivalent exam are also eligible to apply for neet.
9th January 2020, 07:57 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, there is age restriction to study MBBS course.
Candidate must have completed 17 years age on or before 31st December 2020.
The upper age limit to sit for Neet is 25 years for general category students and 30 for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates.
9th January 2020, 10:33 PM
Afna Sulaiman

Hi!
In some countries there is no age limits to study MBBS degree.But generally in country like India ,The All India Premedical Test says that the upper limit is 25 and there are some differences in this for the reserved categories.If you are interested in studying abroad ,there are plenty options to study MBBS outside India.Some countries promote this.
Good luck!
10th January 2020, 01:14 AM
chaityganguli

You need to qualify NEET to get admission in medical college in India. But in 2020 NEET examination notification there is age restriction, which is
25 for unreserved category and
30 for SC/ST/OBC,
so, if you are Indian it is not possible for you to pursue MBBS at the age of 30+.
10th January 2020, 12:56 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

MBBS is Bachelor in Medicine and Bachelor in Surgery.

It is five year course. To get admission in the course is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board with PCB and have to qualify in NEET.

There is no upper age limit to get admission in the course.

So, if you have the required qualification then you are eligible to appear in examination and after qualifying in it eligible to get admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?