4th July 2011, 05:05 AM
aditya nagpal

How to move towards IT sector after B.Tech? Which software companies should I join after B.Tech?

hello everyone!
i am about to complete my btech in applied electronics and instrumentation.However,i want to move towards IT sector after btech.I did n't get any job in campus.So,please tell me which software courses should I do after my btech.I have learned c and c++ and I am thinking of doing a course on java after btech.please give me some suggestions.

Related Questions:
  1. What importance does the software companies give to year gap in academics?
  2. For which software companies am I eligible after scoring 86.2% in 10th, 76% in 12th and 60.67% in B.Tech?
  3. What are the various branches in B.tech courses?
  4. What's the eligibility criteria for getting a job as a software engineer in software companies?
  5. Can I get good Job in Software Companies having an academic gap of 5 years between 12th Class and B.Tech?
  6. How to get a software job after scoring 65%
  7. What are the best jobs in IT sector? I have completed B.Tech IT
  8. How to enter into the software companies like WIPRO, Accenture, Info after working in telecom sector as transmission engineer?
  9. How to get a job in core companies and software companies?
  10. Software companies offering Internship to B.Tech student in Hyderabad?
  11. Can I join MNC after having 2 years experience as Software Programmer?
  12. What is a suitable job after completing B.E in electronics and communication?
  13. List of IT sector companies where I can apply for a job? I have 74% marks in 10th and 73% marks in 12th. I have 57% marks in my B.Tech and 70% in M.Tech with CSE stream
  14. List of software companies in which I am eligible after passing B.Tech with 70% marks?
  15. What should one prefer between BSc IT and IT engineering? How much percentage to score in HSC? List of colleges offering the course?
  16. What should I do to get a job in IT sector after completion of B.Tech in Civil Branch? -- [New]
  17. Difference in getting a job after M.Tech and B.Tech/B.E? Is M.Tech beneficial for a person who wants to get a job in PSU?
  18. What kind of government job can I get after diploma in ETC? What would be the average salary in government jobs?
11th August 2011, 11:16 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to move towards IT sector after B.Tech? Which software companies should I join after B.Tech?

For which software companies am I eligible after scoring 75% in 10th, 60% in 12th and 68.2% in B.Tech?
11th August 2011, 11:21 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to move towards IT sector after B.Tech? Which software companies should I join after B.Tech?

What are the various jobs available for Electronics and Communication Engineering Freshers?
12th August 2011, 04:19 AM
sg1991

Students of mainly CSE, IT and ECE branches go in software field.
But this field is open for all branches.
You should gain command over a number of programming languages like C, C++, C#, Java, ASP .net, SQL etc.
For this you can join a coaching centre.
You can do MCA or PGDCA.
You should also do a personality development course. It will help you during interview.
You can apply in following companies-
* TCS
* Infosys
* IBM
* Accenture
* WIPRO
* HCL
12th August 2011, 11:48 AM
Harshita21

If you want to go in It sector with ECE branch then first thing which you must have with you that is skills to impress the HR.

Theses skill are
- C and C++ very basic knowledge
- knowledge about any current technology like JSP , .NET,PHP , ruby on rails any of
these.
- 6 months industrial training in IT company helps you more to get in industry.
- Knowledge about company present situation.
12th August 2011, 12:41 PM
saurav9889

after your btech you may complete a course in java that will make you industry ready for a job in software design and testing otherwise you may also do a course in ccna if you want to go into networking.also database administration is a good course to do after btech.
12th August 2011, 03:07 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

yes, you can join software companies after B.Tech in electronics and instrumentation.

B.tech electronics and instrumentation student can apply for recruitment in the given below software companies

1.Infosys.

2.WIPRO.

3.TCS .

4.Mahendra tech.

5.IBM.

6.CTS .

7.oracle financial services.

8.HCL.

etc.

all the best.........
17th August 2011, 09:24 PM
sgsharadgupta

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya nagpal View Post
hello everyone!
i am about to complete my btech in applied electronics and instrumentation.However,i want to move towards IT sector after btech.I did n't get any job in campus.So,please tell me which software courses should I do after my btech.I have learned c and c++ and I am thinking of doing a course on java after btech.please give me some suggestions.
you can give certification exam of java or learn dot net or php these are in demand........
regards,
sharad
23rd August 2011, 04:41 PM
amaan khan ak

Quote:
hello everyone!
You have so many options for your future.
There are many jobs related to computer engineer in IT sector.
There are many good IT sector companies which gives you a chance for a job like

TCS

GOOGLE

MICROSOFT

HCL

MAHINDRA GROUP

HP

DUCAT.

You can aslo learn any language which gives you advantage for your future.
Java language is the best language to learn.If you have good command on c and c++ then its very easy to learn java language.There are so much scope for a java programmer.

All the best
12th September 2011, 07:13 PM
manoj rajpurohit

Dear friend

you have selected a very good field for your future, IT field is a very bright future. you are having the b.tech then you can go the best companies in the India and also in the world.

if you have java in your courses then it is also very good, it is a robust and platform independent language.

you can move to these companies:-

INFOSIS

HCL

WIPRO

MICROSOFT

MAHINDRA GROUP

DUCAT Jaipur.

GOOGLE.

etc.

best of luck.
18th October 2011, 02:58 AM
m.khushhal

you can go in any sector you want ...telecom sector is also at its boom as every day new technologies are being implemented....
but one thing you should keep in mind that IT companies will allow you to grow more ...
these are the name of few companies you can have a look at THEM and they have minimum percentage criteria as 60% you wont be even having problem later :.TCS
WIPRO
INFOSYS
HCL
IMPETUS ..

YOU CAN TRY FOR GIVING THE FOLLOWING TEST
elitmus
myamcat
many of the big IT companies take the student directly for the interview on the basis of the score on these above mentioned tests ...
I hope these helps yo
u ..
18th October 2011, 02:59 AM
m.khushhal

You have so many options for your future.
There are many jobs related to computer engineer in IT sector.
There are many good IT sector companies which gives you a chance for a job like
TCS
GOOGLE
MICROSOFT
HCL
MAHINDRA GROUP
HP
DUCAT.
You can aslo learn any language which gives you advantage for your future.
Java language is the best language to learn.If you have good command on c and c++ then its very easy to learn java language.There are so much scope for a java programmer.
18th October 2011, 04:40 PM
Unregistered

I complete b.e in it.mba it & diploma in networking. languages c,c .but i have no job.because i am fresher. what can i do.
18th October 2011, 10:06 PM
rahul4490

well, right now in India you have numerous opportunities in the IT sector as this is the fastest growing industry in the country.

According to NASSCOM survey, India is to add at least 2 lakh jobs in IT sector in five years, which is a huge no.

There are also lots of companies that offer placement for the freshers. there are good off campus recruitment for them. I have listed the most important ones, which offer jobs in a huge no.

Also, these are the companies that conduct recruitment drive regularly.

hence you have a high chance of getting placed.

the companies are

1. Cognizant

2. Infosis

3. TCS

4. Intergraph

5. Mindtree (Bengaluru).

6. Oracle

7. MU Sigma

8. ZS Associates

9. Wipro

so, all the best, buddy....
18th October 2011, 10:47 PM
rahul4490

well, right now in India you have numerous opportunities in the IT sector as this is the fastest growing industry in the country.

According to NASSCOM survey, India is to add at least 2 lakh jobs in IT sector in five years, which is a huge no.

There are also lots of companies that offer placement for the freshers. there are good off campus recruitment for them. I have listed the most important ones, which offer jobs in a huge no.

Also, these are the companies that conduct recruitment drive regularly.

hence you have a high chance of getting placed.

the companies are

1. Cognizant

2. Infosis

3. TCS

4. Intergraph

5. Mindtree (Bengaluru).

6. Oracle

7. MU Sigma

8. ZS Associates

9. Wipro

so, all the best, buddy....
5th May 2012, 05:35 PM
Unregistered

GOOD EVENING SIR I AM PURSUING MCA FIRST IN JNTUH .BUT IHAVE SECURED 69% IN GRADUATION ,65% IN INTERMEDIATE AND 56% IN SSC .COULD YOU SUGGEST AM I ELIGIBLE FOR ANY SOFTWARE COMPANY .
31st July 2012, 02:27 AM
rch91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
For which software companies am I eligible after scoring 75% in 10th, 60% in 12th and 68.2% in B.Tech?
With this much percentage you are eligible for many MNcs like:
TCS
Wipro
Infosys
HCL
IBM
as all of the above companies have eligibility atleast 60% in all.
For recruitment in these companies not only these percentages are required but also technical skills,communication skills are required.
All the best....!!
31st July 2012, 11:13 PM
Srikar achill

Sir,Students of mainly CSE, IT and ECE branches go in software field.
But this field is open for all branches.
You should gain command over a number of programming languages like C, C++, C#, Java, ASP .net, SQL etc.
For this you can join a coaching centre.
You can do MCA or PGDCA.
You should also do a personality development course. It will help you during interview.
You can apply in following companies-
* TCS
* Infosys
* IBM
* Accenture
* WIPRO
* HCL.
21st September 2012, 07:16 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am fresh B. Tech CSE intend to find job in IT sector let me advice please with the package to be offered
30th November 2012, 02:29 PM
rediff.manu

If you want to go in It sector with ECE branch then first thing which you must have with you that is skills to impress the HR.

Theses skill are
- C and C++ very basic knowledge
- knowledge about any current technology like JSP , .NET,PHP , ruby on rails any of
these.
- 6 months industrial training in IT company helps you more to get in industry.
- Knowledge about company present situation.
3rd March 2013, 11:48 AM
Unregistered

hello.sir,
my self hisham
m a final year btech student in ece.
can i get a job in aviation sector?
pls tell the details
27th March 2013, 10:02 PM
bhawnarattan
Senior Member+

Quote:
hello everyone!
It is good decision if you want to do java as it has very good scope in near future and for jobs you can register yourself at naukri.com and timesjobs.com and you can join companies like tcs,wipro,infosys etc..

You need to clear the exams and the entire interview to get into corporate sector.
23rd May 2013, 07:12 PM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

HI

If you belong to IT or Computer science branch then its very easy for you to get job in IT Sector.
If you are not from IT or Computer Science branch then you have the following option

- Either to do some course like langauge, C ,C++, Java Oracle etc from any institute which provide certified course and placement too like NIIT

- You can go for MBA
You can do MBA from good college taking IT/ITES/System as your field and can join IT or computer company with good salary and at higher post

all the best
29th December 2013, 12:55 PM
Unregistered

For which software companies am I eligible after scoring :78% in 10th, 87% in 12th and 67% in B.Tech with sap-abap fresher give any reply as soon as possible:: ramagopal
26th June 2016, 09:44 AM
Unregistered

Where I get job after electronics and Telecommunication engineering
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?